PDA

View Full Version : The Cover for #24

Sosa lola
07-01-09, 03:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/MoscowWatcher/Misc/buffy24.jpg

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #24

Written by Jim Krueger, penciled by Cliff Richards, inked by Andy Owens, colored by Michelle Madsen, covers by Jo Chen and Georges Jeanty.

Faith. Giles. Let's catch up!

In a one-shot issue, Krueger fleshes out the go-to girl for dirty deeds, Faith, and her new partner, Giles. After her last thankless escapade, where she put a stop to Buffy-hunting Slayer and kindred spirit Lady Gigi, Faith decided that though she's determined to be finished with bloodshed, she's not ready to leave misguided Slayers (like Gigi) with nowhere to turn. Fast-forward to the present . . . bloodshed still abounds, and the Faith-and-Giles team is still finding out what it really means to help those chosen to slay . . .

40 pages, $2.99, in stores on April 1.

Also, look at the cover of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER OMNIBUS VOLUME 7

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/MoscowWatcher/Misc/buffy7.jpg

Tom
07-01-09, 03:11 PM
Wow, awsome. I just don't really fancy waiting until #24 to see Faith and Giles again.

Matt
07-01-09, 03:15 PM
I can fast see the covers I thought were my favourites being replaced. Once again Chen hits the nail on the head with the actor likeness and it's brilliant, I can't wait to see the variant cover just to see how it compares.

As for the issue I'm excited, for the whole arc, but this one especially, just to see how everything's going, I just hope they bring Faith back as a main character. Also, if this is what the covers are like at the moment, I can't wait to see what they will be like nearer the end, Chen's gonna have to go some ways to top what she's done now.

EDIT: Just read on Wiki (so may not be true) that Cliff Richards is doing the pencilling for this one, so that should be interesting too.

Also, is that Omnibus the last one? It would make sense for there to be 7, like the show had seven seasons and it looks kind of final with all of the main characters on it. But, I can't see how they will fiit the rest of seasons 4, 5 and 6 in the space of two omnibuses (omnibi?) unless there weren't many comics released during those seasons.

Emmie
07-01-09, 03:33 PM
EDIT: Just read on Wiki (so may not be true) that Cliff Richards is doing the pencilling for this one, so that should be interesting too.

Yes, very true. Scott Allie shared that tidbit a few months ago and it's confirmed in the solicitations for this issue. :)

Nina
07-01-09, 03:53 PM
I love the cover for issue #24, especially Giles looks like ASH. It's almost a photo.

I'm not a fan of the art on the Ombibus cover, especially Buffy looks weird.

Wolfie Gilmore
07-01-09, 03:58 PM
I don't really get what the Omnibuses are - are they anything to do with season 8 or something separate?

Love this cover. The Giles/Faith teamup is a brilliant idea, at this stage in both characters' lives, with their shared past-with-Buffy issues plus their splinter group mentality, not fitting into the slayer "mainstream". I can't wait to see what they've been up to, and how they're going about helping "bad" slayers get back on track. Without killing them.

KingofCretins
07-01-09, 04:02 PM
The Omnibus editions are the collections of the original, non-canon Dark Horse run of "Buffy" comics (although Volume 1 does have "Buffy: The Origin").

Faith looks beautiful as always when Chen draws her, Giles looks all weary. Something about that cover makes me think Faith is in danger, though :( Given that I'm worried about this "Predators and Prey" arc having a lot of characters getting whacked, I hope she gets through it.

Boltmaiden
07-01-09, 04:03 PM
I LOVE the cover of #24, and yay for finally another issue of Faith and Giles. I am sad it is still far away but I am giddy to know that there will be another episode concentrating on them coming up, I was starting to wonder when they would be brought back into the story.:2party:

So that is quite the library in the background eh? Wonder what was found after that research session?

vampmogs
07-01-09, 10:52 PM
Oh that has to be one of my favourite covers this season, without a doubt, it's fantastic! I love how Chen's drawn both of them, Faith looks stunning and it's wonderful to see Giles' face again. The blurb is also really interesting as well, looks like it hasn't been an easy ride for Faith and Giles at all.

I see a banner coming on :D

Erica
08-01-09, 02:48 AM
I love this cover and I am so excited for both of their returns! I really miss Giles and I would really be interested in seeing how Buffy is really dealing without the father figure/watcher in her life. I hope that this is the start of their return into Season 8. The cover looks fantastic and I absolutely adore the way that they are both drawn.

ThePoet's<3
08-01-09, 07:57 AM
WOW!!! Faith and Giles Again!!! YAY!

Chen is Teh Bomb on the cover! Hope the new writer can step up to what BK Vaughn did in "No Future for You". He was pretty awesome!

Can't wait for this one!

Matt
08-01-09, 09:25 AM
Yes, very true. Scott Allie shared that tidbit a few months ago and it's confirmed in the solicitations for this issue. :)

Yeah, I actually completely forgot about the solicitations, I just went straight to the blurb and then noticed Cliff Richards was doing the art when I checked Wiki out to find out the title of this, which is "Safe", but that's probably in there too, I just ignored it.

I'm not a fan of the art on the Ombibus cover, especially Buffy looks weird.

I agree, Buffy does look pretty weird, it's like they used the head from on of the season 4 promos where she has long straight hair and stuck it on another body to make it look like a more Slayer-y pose.

CaptainOats
09-01-09, 05:55 AM
I love to Chen cover. Spot One like usual.

But the omnibus cover just scares me. The others have been pretty good but it's just not up to standard. And What is wrong with Buffy and some of the other people (especially dawn and willow). They don't look as good as they usually are.

But the Chen cover - Can't Wait!

BloodyHell
30-01-09, 04:41 AM
Their faces are unreal! I mean...very realistic.:p I definitely prefer this cover for the Giles/Faith pairing; it just looks so much more detailed and lush.

Other than that, all I have to say is, holy boobs!:lol:

mr_lavigne
12-02-09, 12:12 PM
It's a beautiful cover.

Bloodsucker
12-02-09, 03:53 PM
Wow, amazing cover. Except that Faith's breasts look slightly exaggerated, but who am I to complain? :eviltail: ;)

Nina
12-02-09, 06:57 PM
That's something I noticed on the most Chen covers. The 25 cover give Dawn some extra boobage and also Buffy has something extra in the most Chen covers. :D

vampmogs
13-02-09, 12:20 AM
Has anyone *seen* Faith's breasts in the show?! I wouldn't call them exaggerated at all. Eliza and Charisma easily had the most up front, I think it's pretty accurate really.

Nina
13-02-09, 12:44 AM
Maybe in season 3 (but even there, they weren't this big. Only CC after having a son showed this amount of boobage), but the last time we saw her on tv she lost weight and also curves. And according Eliza's recent Maxim shoot, it's not back. I guess that you can fanwank it that the weightloss happened in prison and that it's back now.

vampmogs
13-02-09, 01:16 AM
Maybe in season 3 (but even there, they weren't this big. Only CC after having a son showed this amount of boobage), but the last time we saw her on tv she lost weight and also curves. And according Eliza's recent Maxim shoot, it's not back. I guess that you can fanwank it that the weightloss happened in prison and that it's back now.

I think in season seven she hadn't lost her curves at all? There's a particular shot I want to mention during 'Dirty Girls' in her scene with Spike down in the basement when she stretches out her arms and shows off some of her “assets.” I remember TWOP specifically noticing that moment in their review, and I always thought it was an intentionally flirtatious manoeuvrer on her part to entice Spike. She definitely wasn’t lacking in the department, that’s all I’m saying, and this was perfectly evident without any low cut top.

I agree she’s lost a lot of her curves now though. But that’s Eliza, not “Faith.”

I think we may have to just agree to disagree on this one Nina :)

Charles
13-02-09, 05:34 PM
well she was also fairly young when we see her in S3 as compared to her in S7. She is considerably younger then many of the other cast members including CC, AH and SMG.