PDA

View Full Version : Preview of Buffy Season 8 #21.

sueworld
19-12-08, 08:39 PM
Newsarama gives us a look at January's issue of Buffy.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=24896

dinamo
19-12-08, 09:40 PM
I have the feeling this issue is going to crack me up, particularly that cover for the new ''Harm'' Magazine. I love how she always gets her featured episodes named after her. It'll be nice to see what she thinks of all these slayers hanging around as well.

Nina
19-12-08, 10:04 PM
I think that this issue can be a complete hit or a total failure. Really depends on how it's written. Can't say that this preview is amazing, but I really want to know how this goes on.

Saro49
19-12-08, 11:20 PM
Well I certainly know which cover I'll be buying.

"Look Dusky, Not Dusty"

That's so good.

Michael
19-12-08, 11:32 PM
Am I the only person to notice that Harmony is much nicer as a vampire than she ever was as a human? She obviously didn't want to kill Dawn or Xander when she had the chance, and she was long suffering and devoted to the ungrateful Spike.

XavierZane
19-12-08, 11:56 PM
Am I the only person to notice that Harmony is much nicer as a vampire than she ever was as a human? She obviously didn't want to kill Dawn or Xander when she had the chance, and she was long suffering and devoted to the ungrateful Spike.

Nope, I've said many times that Harmony as a Vampire has much more compassion and humanity than she ever did when she was alive. Which is what makes her such an interesting case. She gave up willingly on living the vamp life, was going in for a day-job, gave up human blood easily enough, etc. I think she's one of the most interesting characters in the verse. I can't wait for this issue!

sunnydale_alumni
20-12-08, 12:22 AM
Did Harm feed on Andy Dick?

ETA: I guess so, since others noticed it too. Cool beans.

Matt
20-12-08, 10:20 AM
Now that they've made the alternate cover look more like a gossip magazine, it's kind of got some appeal, mainly because it's really funny, but I still think I'll be getting the Chen cover, that said this looks like it's going to be a semi-humerous one, although the preview sucks, there's not enough speech for my liking, but I guess that's just establishing the scene, so it'll probably pick up.

allthings
26-12-08, 10:40 AM
I hope she doesnt turn Andy Dick because he would be even more intolerable.LOVED the Lindsay Lohan's Mum line haha. Its gonna be a fun issue, especially with Jane writing it. Really looking forward to this issue even if it ends up Buffyless.

vampmogs
04-01-09, 09:15 PM
Not enough dialouge to really give an opinion but I loved Harms Magazine cover. Especially the "Slayers. Why they hate America." The whole thing is going to be very interesting, can't wait to see how this arc unfolds.

XavierZane
05-01-09, 06:32 PM
I can't believe this is coming out on Wednesday! :D

It's great, but this three-week schedule is going to spoil us. Now that we have to wait a month again, it's going to seem even more torturous.

vampmogs
06-01-09, 04:12 AM
Hey guys, got some new preview pages for this issue just posted on mtv, take a look;

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/01/05/exclusive-preview-bsg-writer-joins-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-season-eight-sinks-teeth-into-mtv/

My thoughts;

So looks like Buffy will feature somewhat in this issue, even if just for this panel. I loved her "what the hell!?" whilst Willow's reaction is far more personal, "Pfft, she's no Tina Fey!" that's a nice call back to "Anywhere But Here" and her fantasy. And I love how Willow's reaction is a far more personal one, she's never liked that "tramp" :roll:

XavierZane
06-01-09, 05:00 AM
Great preview, much better than the first one. One thing it reveals: It's not Harmony that's breaking the big news about vampire's existing. A lot of people are curious about vampires, and "People" is wondering about the vampire demographic. So, how did everyone find out?

One idea I've heard is that the secret has been out for the entire run of the series, since the Fall of Sunnydale, and that's why Buffy doesn't interact with normal people. Any other theories?

Also: "Hot vampire gets a taste of A. Dick!" :lol:

Nina
06-01-09, 06:48 AM
I agree, this preview was much more fun.

About vampires being no longer a secret; ATF probably happens before season 8. (especially if Harmony is walking around in LA right there) If they don't reset what happens in ATF, many people will know about the supernatural world.

DigitalLeonardo
06-01-09, 10:49 AM
My only real issue is... Harmony is just poorly drawn. She looks VERY little like Harmony and in some panels looks more like Buffy. I wish the artists would make it work a bit better, cause some of these actors are just NOT coming out as they should...

Charles
06-01-09, 07:37 PM
well since Mercedes bared it all in PB, maybe they're trying to avoid looking too much like her?

Given Harm is in Cali, maybe people just write it off as being a West Coast thing.

Matt
07-01-09, 02:29 PM
http://www.myspace.com/darkhorsepresents?issuenum=18&storynum=2

This is a little comic with art by Karl Moline and written by Jane Espenson, I guess it was leading up to this.

Nina
07-01-09, 02:59 PM
Is she doing what Paris and Nicole did? Rich girls do normal jobs? Because why else would she take a job as a bartenter while being very rich and famous?

Matt
11-01-09, 03:32 PM
Is she doing what Paris and Nicole did? Rich girls do normal jobs? Because why else would she take a job as a bartenter while being very rich and famous?

It's part of her show. I guess it's like the Simple Life, what she would cope like with a normal job like everybody else.

I sort of hope they include this in the TPB as a bonus.