PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Buffy Be in Love With by the End of the Season?

CaptainOats
04-07-08, 08:33 PM
Well, this thread is for you to argue about who Buffy should be with by the End of the Season. People who disagree, make that known. This is a battle here, and we are fighting for Buffy! :xd

CaptainOats
04-07-08, 08:35 PM
IMO, I have always said Angel. I'm a Bangel fan till the end, although i don't exactly think that would happen, but we shall see!

BangelFan2202
05-07-08, 03:34 AM
IMO, I have always said Angel. I'm a Bangel fan till the end, although i don't exactly think that would happen, but we shall see!

Yeah i'm that way too, I really hope that Buffy and Angel end up together.

Revan
05-07-08, 04:16 AM
Truly I have no idea but it all depends on how the seasons develop. I can see Angel, Spike or Xander though would prefer angel only because she makes him happy.

Be very interesting to find out.

EDIT:
If it was a choice mind I would prefer like Nina below to not have a 'ship

Nina
05-07-08, 08:47 AM
I'm a Bangel (Orly?), but really ... at the end of this season, I don't want those two together. At the end of season 9 is of course another question. But after this season, I don't want and think that they are together ... I don't see why Buffy should be with anybody at the end of the series ... she can enjoy her life without a man (or woman) ... have some flings maybe.

Enisy
05-07-08, 09:19 AM
How many threads like this do we need? Can't you just vote in the main Bangel vs Spuffy (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260&page=23) poll to indulge yourself? Or Someday her prince will come (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3181) for Season 8?

Seriously, someone lock this.

KingofCretins
05-07-08, 02:40 PM
The odd part is that this really is a distinct question from those other ones -- but, inexplicably, includes the two least likely options, the two over which everyone will instantly argue. Surely it would make no sense that Buffy would be "in love" with two of the *not-characters* for Season 8 after nothing more than at most a guest appearance.

vampmogs
05-07-08, 03:00 PM
If I could I'd have voted for more than one TheChosen :)

Seeing as how I think Buffy is still in love with Angel, I would have picked him. Seeing as how I think she'll end up falling in love with Xander as well I'd also pick him. Riley, I think she loved but I'm not sure if she's still in love with him and as of yet I still don't think she was ever in love with Spike or Satsu, most certainly not Satsu.

It'd be very interesting to see how the whole Satsu thing develops though, especially if Buffy does get involved with someone else. I'm guessing Satsu is going to return at some point.

But ultimately like Nina I'd prefer Buffy alone for the rest of the season, that's when I usually like her the best.

Right now though I think a lot of things are up in the air. At the present I'm also just as interested in seeing how Willow/Kennedy fair after 'Time of Your Life' how Oz's re-appearence will effect Willow and the Dawn/Kenney ship or possibly even if Dawn/Xander unfolds.

lara
05-07-08, 10:57 PM
Well this thread is specificaly about season 8 right? And we're talking about possibilities... So, being the Spuffy fan I am, I would love to say Spike, but again I think the question here is about possibility more than wishful thinking so I'd say Xander. I think that the writers are exploring that relationship right now as a true option.

But honestly, I think it would be better if Buffy didn't end with somebody at the moment, she's still baking, and it doesn't seem like she's near to be done anytime soon IMO.

Charles
05-07-08, 11:07 PM
if she lives long enough, I'd say Satsu because that fits Joss's MO of the love that can't quite be.

Mollie
08-07-08, 10:51 PM
Bangel, I think, makes both Buffy and Angel intolerable however that is just me. I am saying Xander just because Buffy has always loved Xander so thus will at the end of the season :p and yes I mean platonic love.

Does Buffy really need to be in love with someone to survive?

vampmogs
09-07-08, 02:54 AM

God I hope not! But I think some fans need her to be in love with someone to survive! :lol:

We have to take into account though that she hasn't had a boyfriend for a year and a half, which is pretty good for the Buffster, she kept to her cookie dough promises that she should have kept to when she came to the same realisation in 'I Was Made To Love You.'

As much as I'd like her alone, I gotta take what I can and a year and a half is pretty good, she's bound to be hooked up again eventually.

Wolfie Gilmore
09-07-08, 12:27 PM
Bangel, I think, makes both Buffy and Angel intolerable however that is just me.

No, it's not you. Even Wesley and Cordelia agree (cf "I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!").

Nah, we just want to see some sexytime very naice yes please. :)

lara
09-07-08, 03:11 PM
Orginally posted by Mollie

God no! I'm in favor and totally agree with the cookie dough speech, I don't think she "needs" a man in her life right now, she really needs to find herself first, deal with her issues and maybe then find a guy and have a healthy-mature-not needy-obsesive relationship.

But I agree with vampmogs on the fact that a year and a half is pretty good, she's doing fine, but yeah eventually she's gonna hook up with somebody. I think that at the moment Xander would be a good option, 'cause they're best friends and all, although is for that same reason that it could go totally wrong. I just wish that if they do hook up they don't end up hurting each other and ruining the friendship.

Mollie
10-07-08, 08:38 PM
Yes, I do believe buffy deserves some credit for spending some time to get to know herself. However, her sexual relationship with Satsu I am afraid may pose some problems. We'll have to all wait and see but frankly the lack of romantic entanglements for the time being has been nice but I do agree with Wolfie that some sexy time would be very nice ahaha.

Curiouswolf
11-07-08, 03:24 AM
Yes, I do believe buffy deserves some credit for spending some time to get to know herself. However, her sexual relationship with Satsu I am afraid may pose some problems. We'll have to all wait and see but frankly the lack of romantic entanglements for the time being has been nice but I do agree with Wolfie that some sexy time would be very nice ahaha.

Yeah, it's too bad she couldn't have a little bit of happiness being alone before the relationship rollercoaster began.

Anyway, since Buffy and Xander are the leaders of their group then I hope Twilight and whoever he's partnered with tease, tease, and tease the both of them within an inch of their life switching on both of them.

Wolfie Gilmore
11-07-08, 11:06 AM

We can’t have Buffy missing sex and swearing to sweet muppety odin all the time, after all. It only leads to far too much fan speculation about the particular meaning of her choice of words (does she mean sex with spike, does the odin reference mean something…). I can’t imagine the couple of sessions with Satsu will keep her going indefinitely. When you’re fighting for your life against a masked enemy/future slayer/insert next comer…well, I bet that gets the sex drive revving. Nothing like a little danger to make you want to make the most of the pleasures of life. :)

I don’t think she’ll be in love by the end of the season. But I think we might see her moving towards a relationship come next season. But who knows?

I’ve now got “Oh what a world” stuck in my head. “Travelling… but not in love, still I think I’m doing fine. Wouldn’t it be a lovely headline? “Life is beautiful”, on the new york times…”

Revan
11-07-08, 11:30 AM
Wolfie your Smiley carry so many hidden messages! It's too innocent! Maybe that's just me. :)

Nah I think that she's baking and she will end up with Angel towards the very end of the season. After after the fall has finished angel will move over with buffy. Maybe spike as well. She won't end up with spike though because that's not what Joss wants.

Nina
11-07-08, 11:45 AM
I don't think that we know what Joss wants, and he showed himself a fan of Spuffy in season 7 where the relation didn't really made sense but he went with it anyway.

And I doubt that we will have a happy shippy ending, what if we get a Harry Potter ending. :err: Especially after this season ... maybe in the very end, but I can see Joss doing a VM season 1 ending ... with Buffy welcoming somebody and we have to decide who it is.

And I can see an arc with Angel and Spike ... but Angel is too much of a character on his own to be part of Buffy's ensemble again, and also Spike grew a lot when he went over to Ats ...

Revan
11-07-08, 12:06 PM
Don't get me to produce evidence. Every writer, and the actors even James know that buffy's true love is angel rather than buffy. I think someone posted somewhere around here on it.

Of course we won't have a happy ship ending. We are dealing with Joss after all. We all know just how much Joss lurves a happy ending. Not at all!

I can see them continuing their own comic yes but recurring in the buffy comics as well like the amount someone like kennedy might appear.

Spike Angel comic that explores their relationship. That I would love to see!

lara
11-07-08, 03:43 PM
Orginally posted by Nina
I don't think that we know what Joss wants, and he showed himself a fan of Spuffy in season 7 where the relation didn't really make sense but he went with it anyway.

And I doubt that we will have a happy shippy ending, what if we get a Harry Potter ending. Especially after this season ... maybe in the very end, but I can see Joss doing a VM season 1 ending ... with Buffy welcoming somebody and we have to decide who it is.

And I can see an arc with Angel and Spike ... but Angel is too much of a character on his own to be part of Buffy's ensemble again, and also Spike grew a lot when he went over to Ats ...

Um, I pretty much agree with Nina (except with the spuffy in season 7 thing, but hey I'm a spuffy fan, so...), we don't know what Joss wants, 'cause sometimes when you think he's going to take right well, he takes left. I don't think we can be sure of anything at this point.

About the happy shippy ending, please not an open ending Joss!! I don't care if it's doesn't please spuffy shippers or bangel shippers or whatever other ship, but please I hope we have some answer. I do wanna see "how it ends" and with who, honestly even if it is with Angel (although it will pain me to death 'cause hey, spuffy fan here, but also because Angel has grown up so much since Buffy, like Nina says he's too much of a character on his own) or with a new character, I don't mind as long as we have an answer to who is Buffy's true love from Joss, 'cause he should know, he's the creator.

Enisy
11-07-08, 05:45 PM
Can I just say how much I hate the term "true love"? Is there any love that's not true? :rolling: And not (http://enisy.livejournal.com/1434.html) every (http://enisy.livejournal.com/1654.html) cast/crew member thought Angel/Buffy was the be-all and end-all of the 'verse. Not even close.

Anyway, that was just my obligatory quotage offering. Back to my vacation.

tangent
11-07-08, 05:58 PM
I don't get it. I really don't.

Season 8 has the potential to make huge changes to the Buffyverse yet again. It has a very interesting and multidimensional villain and i'm sure there's going to be some twists and turn as we near the end.

So I don't really care if Buffy is in a relationship as the credits roll or not. If she is I hope its with someone who is interesting and adds something to the proceedings. I also hope that Xander manages to keep his more independent role and doesn't just become part of a Bander relationship. I think he's important enough to stand on his own too feet. If he's teh one though then he's the one. It won't impair my enjoyment of the season.

I just think there's a lot more to season 8 and Btvs in general than who Buffy is with.

Charles
12-07-08, 12:08 AM
I think the poll results are funny to see as they are somewhat inverse to when the show was actually on the air.

vampmogs
12-07-08, 04:47 AM

I agree. It'd be really hard for them to do without lessening one of them again as just her side kick. Especially Angel who's been the lead of his own series for years, it'd be hard to take. They did kinda show a balance in crossover episodes where Angel seemed far more like his own person, especially on his own series of course, but it'd still be odd.

You couldn't have Angel stealing all the spotlight in Buffy's series, but you couldn't have Angel's character being less than he was either. I agree it'd only work well as an arc.

That or not the Buffy or Angel series but a movie or something.

It's nice to see that Xander's a real contender these days though, even a few months ago I think the poll would have showed a very different story. Bangel VS Spuffy.... VS Bangel :D

I just think there's a lot more to season 8 and Btvs in general than who Buffy is with.

Agree 110%

alexa
12-07-08, 11:02 AM
It's nice to see that Xander's a real contender these days though, even a few months ago I think the poll would have showed a very different story. Bangel VS Spuffy.... VS Bangel :D

Yeah I know, it's cool that Xander is in front! Someone is doing a good job, because no way this poll would have looked like this pre season eight.
Wasn't sure if I posted here or not, but I voted Xander even though I'm mostly a bangel shipper. Could be something good, although it's been said their relationship wouldn't really be on the hot side... wonder if we get to see if it would be or not.

Retrograde
12-07-08, 12:49 PM
I think Buffy needs to grow in herself a lot more before she's ready to properly settle down, if she will ever be ready to settle down. However I think all this time being 'The Slayer' and not having a properly committed romantic relationship has made her a bit too into herself. She needs to think of someone other than herself and of things other than 'the ultimate purpose' in order to be able to decide if she even wants a relationship.

But I voted for Spike because I'm a Spuffy maniac :D

CaptainOats
14-07-08, 07:32 PM
I really don't think she'll be in love with someone by the end of the season. I think things will kinda be just left in the air. I can see the possibility of some twists coming though. Cuz it never explained who she got all dressed up to meet in NYC (really hope it's not Riley or someone like that!). I dunno, but we shall see...