PDA

View Full Version : Where can I purchase back issues?

ImNotTheBigBad
01-07-08, 05:33 AM
This past year has been a hell of a ride for me personally (can't even begin to tell you), and regrettably I haven't been able to keep up with my favorite superhero and her cohorts through their latest adventures. What it comes down to is I need to order about 10 issues to bring myself current in the series. Any suggestions on where I might find them?

KingofCretins
01-07-08, 05:40 AM
Back issues are available for purchase online, through sites such as Things From Another World (www.tfaw.com), as well as Amazon and eBay, the usual suspects.

Also, any local comic store in your area can order back issues for you to purchase as well.

You can also catch up more quickly, with less wait and less cost, by ordering the first two trade paperbacks of Season 8 -- "The Long Way Home" and "No Future For You". These cover the first 10 issues of Season 8, and then you'd only have to buy 11 through 15 to catch up.

ImNotTheBigBad
01-07-08, 05:53 AM
I did go to TFAW to order back issues, but some of them are not in available. I would like to avoid ebay altogether and buy new and sleeved if at all possible. If I have to wait till a graphic novel reprint of the whole season is issued I will (I'm hedging my bets on that one to be a go), but I would rather not wait that long, particularly since we do not know how long this season is actually going to be. I guess I'll try the local comic stores. Thanks.

KingofCretins
01-07-08, 05:57 AM
The first ten issues are published the two trade paperbacks I mentioned and are *already* available. 11 through 15 will be included in the "Wolves at the Gate" TPB, probably out in a couple of months. You don't have to wait until all 40 issues of Season 8 are out to take advantage of the TPBs.

All that said, I do recommend the local store approach. That has the advantage of probably having pull-out service that you can request so that copies of incoming issues can be held for you on the day they are delivered. No waiting a few extra days for a copy you ordered to be mailed to you.

ImNotTheBigBad
01-07-08, 08:16 AM
Cool, that's really good to know. I wasn't really sure what was included in the trade paperback. I will probably go that route, and use the comic store to hold my future for me. Now, I just need to go order some trade paperbacks and I'm set for the night!

CaptainOats
03-07-08, 07:36 PM
Good choice. The trade paper backs are definitely the route to go. I have all of the single issues but because there was so much hype and great reviews about the TPB's i decided to get the first one. It looks fantastic and trust me you will not be disappointed. I'm definitely getting the rest of the TPB's now. Good luck shopping!