PDA

View Full Version : Proposed ship names

ghoststar
09-02-19, 07:40 PM
Bangel Maybe this is too obvious, but I think “Bangelites” rolls off the tongue pretty well. “Bangelistas” would give the followers a more militant and sophisticated ring, though, so I recommend that one.

Spuffy “SPUFFINS.” That may sound random, but everyone likes muffins, and puffins are adorable birds, so you can’t lose with that portmanteau.

Sprusilla The a works well with various suffixes. “Sprusillans” makes sense, but isn’t very pretty. I’m going to go with either “Sprusillites” (avid followers!) or Sprusillish (we’re our own nation, like the Irish).

Fuffy “Fuffians” may rhyme with “ruffians,” but I think Faith at least would own that.

Spangel With a ship name like that, you need a group name that lives up to the promised glitter. The only one I can think of that seems worthy is “Spangelier,” which halfway sounds like “chandelier.” Sparkly!

Priceless
09-02-19, 08:27 PM
Spuffins? I'm going to have to let that one percolate for a while :lol:

Looking at your suggestions for other ships, I really like Spangeliers

HowiMetdaSlayer
09-02-19, 09:38 PM
Buffy & Willow: Buffillow
Willow Rosenberg and Faith: Wraith
:D

bespangled
09-02-19, 09:44 PM
Dammit - I have to spread rep before I can give it to you again. Just want to let you know that you've given me a lovely image of the boys dressed in Spangled unitards wrestling and doing circus stunts.:drool:

I'm agonna go off to by bunk now!:loveeyes:

Sosa lola
10-02-19, 12:10 PM
I don't know. What would you do with "Spander" and "Xangel"?

TriBel
10-02-19, 02:02 PM

Go with Spandex - known for its exceptional elasticity, it's flexible enough to cover any combination: Spike/Angel/Xander/Andrew - and all the exes. Just don't wear the bloody stuff. More importantly - don't write it in a fic. Just the thought of Spike in cycling shorts makes me want to heave.

Silver1
10-02-19, 02:38 PM
What, you'd prefer him nude then? ;)

TriBel
10-02-19, 03:06 PM
What, you'd prefer him nude then? ;)

No - I like something left to the imagination. :) And it's a slippery slope - spandex, speedos, shell-suits - where will it end? With mullets and curly perms? I can't go back Silver...:sadwalk: That said, I'm sure S8 Buffy fantasizes about Daniel Craig in Speedos so maybe I'm onto something?:confused: Please God no! :thud:

ghoststar
10-02-19, 04:07 PM

Ooh, good one! The only way to make "Spander" into an aesthetically-pleasing word is the geology route, because gemstones can sound like all sorts of crazy things and people still like them. I have nothing against the pairing, the names just don't automatically sound good.

However, anything sounds good if it it's a gemstone. The moderately-common yet frequently-ignored Spanderine possesses, in its finest varieties, subtle iridescence containing both peroxide-blond and coffee-brown.

"Xangel," by contrast, is easy: "Xangelics." Are fans angelic? Just addicted to the pairing? Works either way!

TriBel
10-02-19, 05:04 PM
Xangel," by contrast, is easy: "Xangelics." Are fans angelic? Just addicted to the pairing? Works either way!

Sorry - how are you pronouncing it? Zan-gel sounds like an ointment to me.

a thing of evil
10-02-19, 05:05 PM
Buffy & Willow: Buffillow

It's Wiffy. It's always been Wiffy, as in Willow/Buffy. It's not Wuffy, it's not Billow and it's certainly not Buffillow :nono:

Why doesn't anybody use Wiffy anymore? :cutecry: It's simple, it sounds nice....:sadwalk:

TriBel
10-02-19, 05:17 PM
Why doesn't anybody use Wiffy anymore? It's simple, it sounds nice....

Isn't it a bit close to Whiffy - a bad smell? :blink: I like Billow - sounds like pillow and reminds me of fluffy clouds. :hug:

SpuffyGlitz
10-02-19, 05:38 PM
I like Spangelier, Spanderine, Xangel. Bangelites has a nice ring, but sounds almost like some kind of protest group. Buffillow is hilarious :rotf:
I guess Wiffy is the official name for Willow-Buffy going by ToE, which does sound better and I think Wuffy is for William-Buffy.
I like Fuffians, and it fits. Sprusillians sounds... wacky, which I guess makes sense.

I *wish* there was a better ship name for Spuffy. :sadwalk: Spuffins is nice...but it reminds me of dolphins for some reason (maybe because my Puffin Book of Children's Stories has dolphins on the cover.) I still wish there was something better.

How hard can it be to come up with something onomatopoeically perfect for Spike and Buffy? I've tried so hard..

eta: this thread is hilarious :xd

TriBel
10-02-19, 06:16 PM
The only one I can think of that seems worthy is “Spangelier,” which halfway sounds like “chandelier.” Sparkly!

Ignore bespangled: real vampires don't sparkle! I like Spangelier but because of its closeness to cavalier and by implication round-heads (or foreheads). It's confrontational - as is Spangel. Ask Double Dutchess - she knows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWcLi3HhRc

flow
10-02-19, 09:11 PM
What about Spuffies as the name for Spuffy shippers? Isn`t it quite commonly used?

flow

SpuffyGlitz
10-02-19, 09:34 PM
Yes flow, I like Spuffies (and also now Spuffins) but I still wish there was something better :p

bespangled
10-02-19, 11:04 PM

Write fanfic?

Ignore bespangled: real vampires don't sparkle! I like Spangelier but because of its closeness to cavalier and by implication round-heads (or foreheads). It's confrontational - as is Spangel. Ask Double Dutchess - she knows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWcLi3HhRc

This is my favorite Spangel video!

Okay, so what about my other m/m spike pairings - Spiles and Spesley. Right not they sound like the world's most boring accounting firm.

Sosa lola
11-02-19, 06:20 AM
However, anything sounds good if it it's a gemstone. The moderately-common yet frequently-ignored Spanderine possesses, in its finest varieties, subtle iridescence containing both peroxide-blond and coffee-brown.

Spanderine sounds lovely. :heart:

"Xangel," by contrast, is easy: "Xangelics." Are fans angelic? Just addicted to the pairing? Works either way!

I wouldn't call the Xangel fans angelic, at least not all of them, but the ship itself is incredibly angelic in its own way.

Sorry - how are you pronouncing it? Zan-gel sounds like an ointment to me.

A very, very soothing ointment. :D