PDA

View Full Version : Who is Willow's girlfriend?

a thing of evil
27-01-19, 02:32 PM
Just for fun, who do you think is Willow's girlfriend?

Willow from Buffy
27-01-19, 03:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Om5uP4w.jpg
The unicorn is a common symbol among LGBT people, but in the Buffyverse, this fabulous animal only connotes Harmony. :p

Amy is also a possibility. She is one of Willow's few friends before and during the Scooby days, and I think she could be an interesting first girlfriend. Willow and Amy could have a falling out over ethical magic use, leading Willow to leave her for Tara.

betta
27-01-19, 04:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Om5uP4w.jpg
The unicorn is a common symbol among LGBT people, but in the Buffyverse, this fabulous animal only connotes Harmony. :p

Yes, that unicorn is suspicious. Other than Harm, I would bet it's Tara. I think the writers may not even know about Harmony's love for unicorns...

Also:

A unicorn is a privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion. Anya owns a business - although it isn't valued at over $1 billion, I'm sure... but why there is that sign "no teenagers" in front of her shop? Does/did Anya have any problem with teenagers? A specific teenager? Love trouble? Willow, Xander???

Willow from Buffy
27-01-19, 04:21 PM
Yes, that unicorn is suspicious. Other than Harm, I would bet it's Tara. I think the writers may not even know about Harmony's love for unicorns...

Also:

A unicorn is a privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion. Anya owns a business - although it isn't valued at over $1 billion, I'm sure... but why there is that sign "no teenagers" in front of her shop? Does/did Anya have any problem with teenagers? A specific teenager? Love trouble? Willow, Xander???

Jordie knows for sure. She did the colouring for a Harmony short called "OMG! UNICORNS!" :p

I thought the "No teenagers" sign was very funny. I think it simply points to the idea of the monsters versus the "meddling kids."

SpuffyGlitz
27-01-19, 04:23 PM
I think I can guess why they associated the unicorn with Harmony on the show. In the Francine Pascal high school series called Sweet Valley High, the popular girls belong to The Unicorn Club, wear purple and refer to themselves as "unicorns". I think "The Unicorn Club" became its own spin-off series.

Priceless
27-01-19, 04:27 PM
I would love it to be Harmony, just because that would be a total attraction of opposites and I want to see how Jordie would write that. But I also want it to be Faith. The drop-out girlfriend, with low self-esteem, lower working class, maybe with no family, who has to look after herself. I would love to see Willow and Faith together.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't even notice the 'no teenagers' sign :thud:

But yeah, it's probably Tara. Maybe she'll come from a devoutly religious family, is home schooled, or some other reason she's not at school with Xander and Willow.

SpuffyGlitz
27-01-19, 04:30 PM
I still want it to be Tara...but Harmony & Willow might be interesting and funny - total opposites. I wonder if Harmony's personality stays the same or she changes character in this. Has Harmony been introduced yet? I haven't read the first issue.

Priceless
27-01-19, 04:33 PM
I still want it to be Tara...but Harmony & Willow might be interesting and funny - total opposites. I wonder if Harmony's personality stays the same or she changes character in this. Has Harmony been introduced yet? I haven't read the first issue.

We've not seen Harmony yet. We might never see her as she may be amalgamated with Cordy.

KingofCretins
27-01-19, 04:37 PM
Willow/Anya would be kinda neat because it's a call back to the very "... are we actually going to do this?" vibe given off by the two of them in early Season 7, even lampshaded by Anya after "doin' a spell" with Willow.

Priceless
27-01-19, 05:12 PM
If Anya is a grown woman, (or grown demon) I wouldn't want her in a relationship with either Xander or Willow. Although their age hasn't been stated, they could be 15 years old, and I'd find it a bit creepy, if not obviously abusive, if they were in a romantic relationship with an adult. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd rather Buffy weren't even in a relationship with Spike if she were that young, and I'm a hardcore Spuffy fan.

flow
27-01-19, 06:10 PM
Wasn’t there a cover with a black girl standing next to a car once? We wondered, who that could be. Maybe she is Willow‘s girlfriend.

flow

Skippcomet
28-01-19, 08:06 PM
Wasn’t there a cover with a black girl standing next to a car once? We wondered, who that could be. Maybe she is Willow‘s girlfriend.

flow

That was one of those "slayers of the past" variant covers, I think.

HowiMetdaSlayer
29-01-19, 06:34 PM
Went with other. Don't think Willow will be dating at the onset. Maybe a bit later. Doubt it will be with anyone we know...

PuckRobin
29-01-19, 06:37 PM
You know, Jesse, or more commonly Jessie, can also be a girl's name.