PDA

View Full Version : You Can Tell the End is Near...

betta
17-09-18, 10:38 PM
The battle's done and we kind of won.

Will some of us be furious, as Christos Gage predicted? Won't some of us like the ending as Georges Jeanty said?

Where do we go from here?

And if it's the case, may the ending ruin the entire run of the comics for fans? Or not? Concerning ships and characters' fates? I don't know. Till tomorrow, we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear...

The Season has been good; the call backs to past Seasons (show and comics) are great, the time travel has brought something new (although confusing...) to the verse (and it's so much better done than in Angel S11) but with some major WTF issues (the murder of Kid!Giles and the Spuffy break-up, after the carefully buildind up in earlier seasons), and some bits of writing that don't fit Gage's previous qualified works (the insistent repetition (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?21019-Buffy-S12-The-Reckoning-2-Issue-Discussion-Thread(Full-Spoilers&p=727952&viewfull=1#post727952) of "Harth remembers everything" makes the characters seem stupid, if there's no hidden purpose to it).

And... the curtains close on a kiss, according to Jeanty; in the beginning of the Season, Buffy didn't know what she wanted and Spike once said The day you suss out what you do want, there'll probably be a parade. Seventy-six bloody trombones. Will Buffy have figured out her life by the end of issue #4? Will we see a bloody parade on the pages?

Stoney
18-09-18, 01:27 AM
The season started with Buffy and baby Joyce, it could finish with her and baby Joyce and they are deliberately playing the romance angle when really it is about Buffy and family.

Sandman
18-09-18, 03:58 AM
I am cautioulsy optimistic with issue#4. No special reason, beyond the fact that this season has been very good so far. This is coming out the day after tomorrow isn't right?

bespangled
18-09-18, 05:55 AM
Hell, I'm anxious and I don't even read them!

Stoney
18-09-18, 06:27 AM
I am cautioulsy optimistic with issue#4. No special reason, beyond the fact that this season has been very good so far. This is coming out the day after tomorrow isn't right?

It comes out Wed 19th. Where you live seems to affect when the release is (although I don't think that's deliberate but a glitch in the DH system). I'm in the UK and can buy it on the DH digital site from 8am.

Hell, I'm anxious and I don't even read them!

:lol:

TriBel
18-09-18, 07:45 AM

I'm in the UK and I get my digital copies from Amazon/Comixology at about 2-3 minutes past midnight.

American Aurora
18-09-18, 07:55 AM
Just remember - it's never really over. Anything done can be undone. We've already seen that time and again. How many times have people claimed 'This is it! It's the last midnight! The final issue! The farewell tour! The finale at long last! " And then it's not. :lol:

Especially if this undoes the entire comic series so that they can start from scratch again. :xd

Priceless
18-09-18, 03:26 PM
I think the end will be ambiguous in some way, and not every question will be answered. Joss likes to leave things open ended. I do think there will be a death, possibly Giles but it could be anyone. I'm 50/50 about the Shanshu. To use it would mean Angel (or Spike) has achieved redemption and I don't think Joss really thinks that's possible. But it is the end, so it might happen just to end Angel's journey.

I'm quite excited to see how they're going to end it. I think this season has been so unpredictable, it's impossible to know for sure what's going to happen. We've just about guessed at every possible ending, so someone is going to be right :lol: