A time your character was mistreated by others:
A time your character mistreated others:

A quote your character said that you loved:
A quote your character said that you hated:

A moment you wanted to hug your character:
A moment you wanted to slap your character:

My answers:

Favorite character: Xander Harris

3 episodes your character was at their best: The Zeppo, Prophecy Girl, I Was Made to Love You
3 episodes your character was at their worst: Dead Man’s Party, Revelation, Entropy

Your character’s best quality: Bravery, Loyalty, Sarcasm
Your character’s worst quality: Hypocrisy, Judgmental, hot-tempered

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: His last words about Anya. “That’s my girl. Always doing the stupid thing.” Love, love, love this line. Wish it was his last line in the show.
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: His slap fight with Harmony.

A time your character was mistreated by others: I’d say The Zeppo or that time in S4 when he was electrified fixing a weapon for Buffy and no one bothered to notice - Buffy’s love life was far more important apparently.
A time your character mistreated others: Oh boy! Too many to pick from. I’d say, Revelations, he was such a jerk to Buffy in that episode.

A quote your character said that you loved: “I like the quiet.” The Zeppo
A quote your character said that you hated: “I look at you and I feel sick. ‘Cause you had sex with that.” Entropy

A moment you wanted to hug your character: After living through those awful visions in Hell’s Bells. Poor baby!
A moment you wanted to slap your character: When Willow put some ice cream on her nose and he coldly told her to wipe it off. Poor Willow.

DeepBlueJoy
17-05-18, 10:26 PM
This is gonna be hard... i don't know who to choose as my favorite character... i have at least three... or five...

Buffy, Dru, Xander I write the most... and then there's Anya and Cordelia...

I will have to ponder... or maybe make up a combination answer set...

Interesting idea though!

Sosa lola
17-05-18, 10:43 PM
You can make a list for all your favorite characters, it doesn't have to be one. Can't wait to see your answers!

flow
17-05-18, 11:00 PM
I really have to think about it a lot! This is hard work -- it`ll take me at least a day or two.

I`d like to do it either for Buffy or Spike. But if someone else is going to cover them, I want to do it for Faith or Dawn.

flow

MikeB
18-05-18, 12:55 AM
My favorite character is Drusilla, but she hasn't been in many episodes. I'm going to include Ring of Fire , Spike & Dru: "Paint the Town Red" , Tales of the Vampires: "The Problem With Vampires" , and IDW's Spike .

3 episode your character was at their best:

"Becoming Part I" (B 2.21). She kills Kendra Young, doesn't tell Spike about it, and she killed Kendra in a way in which Buffy would be blamed for the killing.

Ring of Fire manages to get that very powerful demon as a pet; Spike and Angel love her so much that she's not at all punished for her actions.

Spike & Dru: "Paint the Town Red" : gets a necromancer to punish Spike. Within the comic more than proves her love and devotion to Spike by literally going to hell in Spike's place. Arguably, that proves Drusilla loves Spike more than Buffy ever loves Angel.

It's kinda sad that Dru has more 'agency' in some of the comics than she does in the TV Buffyverse. Spike gets the Judge. Spike is key in actually being able to use Acathla. In AtS, she largely takes a 'backseat' to Darla because Darla has the more solid connection with Wolfram & Hart.

3 episodes your character was at their worst:

Tales of the Vampires: "The Problem With Vampires" : She gets taken by a mob in Prague and is tortured physically and magically. Needs Spike to save her. Not her fault, but it leads to Spike/Dru going to Sunnydale and that results in Buffy/Spike > Spike/Drusilla.

IDW's Spike . We know already in "School Hard" (B 2.03) that Drusilla can sense someone's power levels. Yet she decides to try to attack Willow Rosenberg? Keep in mind this is Season 8 Willow Rosenberg and how high she's listed here: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?19836-Overall-power-rankings-of-beings-good-and-bad-including-the-PTB-WR-amp-H-etc Would Drusilla try to attack SuperBuffy? BtVS S8 Willow is 2 step above SuperBuffy.

Flashback of "Fool For Love" (B 5.07). So, Spike is thinking about Buffy at the time. Drusilla still loves Spike. Why not offer to help him sire Buffy? Why cheat on Spike and then break up with Spike? All that results in is Buffy/Spike eventually becoming more important to Spike than Spike/Drusilla. Drusilla shared Angel with Darla. Spike shared Drusilla with Angel. Couldn't Drusilla share Spike with Buffy? When Drusilla finally returns to Sunnydale, Spike is already too "filled" with Buffy for him to still prefer Evil Drusilla to Buffy.

Your character’s best quality:

* Ultimately, her importance to Spike prevents her from being killed. Secondarily, her importance to Angel prevents her from being killed. Both TV AtS and Juliet Landau's Drusilla Issues for After the Fall and IDW's Spike imply that she's also important to Wolfram & Hart.

Your character’s worst quality:

* Why not Drusilla/Dracula? Is Drusilla waiting around until Buffy dies? Why didn't Sane Drusilla move to San Francisco when Spike decides to leave Buffy? With Spike's being ensouled, Buffy/Spike can be in heaven together.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated:

* Easily killed Kendra Young. Outside of underestimating Drusilla and/or simply wanting Angel and/or Buffy to be comparatively more powerful, I don't know what the problem was with many viewers. Drusilla's mere 'rising' is the reason Kendra needed to be in Sunnydale. Drusilla scares the Anointed One and scares Dalton much more than both were scared by Spike.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked:

* Flirts with Uncursed Angel in BtVS S2 largely to get Spike's attention on her instead of on Buffy. How likely was Buffy/Spike from "Innocence" (B 2.14) through "I Was Made to Love You" (B 2.19)? Spike was wheelchair-bound and didn't have the means to even sire Buffy given the minions were more under Drusilla and Angel's control than Spike's at this time.

Already by "Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered" (B 2.16), Uncured Angel's flirting with Drusilla is much more about Angel's frenemy status with Spike than it is about Angel/Drusilla.

Drusilla's actions directly lead to Buffy/Spike. Spike gets an invite into the Summers's home. Buffy/Spike further forms in Buffy's mind in "Becoming Part II" (B 2.22).

* Darla throughout her interactions with Drusilla seems to belittle Dru and consider herself superior to Dru. Even Darla's reaction to Spike's killing a Slayer revolves around DRUSILLA's siree and 'mate' killing a Slayer while Darla's siree and 'mate' was now relatively pathetic.

* Drusilla's mistreated most everyone she comes in contact with including Darla, Angel, and Spike.

Tales of the Vampires: "The Problem With Vampires" : "My boy. My poet. My love. Forever."

"Showtime" (B 7.11) seems to copy this refrain when Spike repeats: "She'll come for me."

Drusilla clearly is in love with all of Spike including "William the Bloody" human and vampire versions. Buffy only is in love with "Spike" to the point that in "Get In Done" (B 7.15), Spike is forced to become "Spike" again.

Drusilla in IDW's Spike , eagerly wanted to marry Ensouled Spike and was fervently making out with him and later tries to entice him into having sex with her.

IDW's Spike : "Let me. Spike, let me!"

Drusilla is trying to attack Season 8 Willow. Willow had just easily turned her into a cat. Spike is somehow restraining Dru. Willow is literally floating in the air.

* I feel bad for Dru at the end of "Crush" (B 5.14). It seems Dru was willing to allow Spike to either kill or sire Buffy. Spike instead literally tosses Dru face-first on the ground in favor of a seemingly slight chance at Buffy/Spike. Around half a year later, Buffy/Spike are dating and well within 2 years Buffy is the love of Spike's life. It's even possible Sane Drusilla somehow considered she didn't have a chance to pry Spike from Buffy.

The aforementioned Drusilla's wanting to attack Season 8 Willow.

Sosa lola
19-05-18, 03:54 PM
I`d like to do it either for Buffy or Spike. But if someone else is going to cover them, I want to do it for Faith or Dawn.

flow

Do it for both Buffy and Spike, two different lists of course. And it doesn't matter if someone else did it for either of them, your answers will be different.

I may do this list for my other favorite characters: Buffy, Spike, Willow and Dawn.

flow
19-05-18, 05:33 PM
Favorite character: Buffy

3 episodes your character was at their best:

1. The Gift - Sacrificing herself for humankind and her beloved sister pretty much sums up, what Buffy is and does. Oh, and "The hardest thing in this life is to live in" is also memorable.
2. Becoming Part 2: Just one line. "Me".
3. Chosen - "We`re gonna win" That`s the spirit, Buffy!.

1. Dead Things. Beating up Spike wasn`t Buffy`s shiniest moment.
2. Entropy: Not stepping in, when Xander was verbally absuing Anya for having sex with Spike was imho Buffy`s lowest point.
3. Graduation Day Part 1: Trying to kill Faith in order to save Angel -- seriously, Buffy?

Your character’s best quality:
Her ability to love and to forgive, her willingness to fight and not give in and her firm belief in humankind and in human values.

Your character’s worst quality:
Sometimes bitchy, sometimes holier-than-thou and sometimes self-righteous.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated:
Putting her trust into Spike in season 7. And I pretty much love the cookie dough speech as well.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked:
Wearing that white dress in Prophecy Girl. That dress simply wasn`t hers. Drusilla would have looked splendid in it, though.

I wouldn`t say, that Willow and Xander "mistreated" Buffy, when she returned from L.A. at the beginning of season 3, because they were disappointed and were hurt as well and there were a lot of misunderstandings. But to see her being shut out and even humiliated to a point, where she was thinking about leaving again, was heartbreaking.

She let down Cordy, when Cordy and Xander broke up (she didn`t even visit her in hospital) and she let down Anya, when Anya and Xander broke up. We never see her offering Anya comfort or support.

"You can`t beat evil by doing evil."

"I am the law"

When she buried Chloe.

When she leaves the hospital after Xander has lost his eye instead of spending the night there with him an Willow.

flow

Sosa lola
19-05-18, 07:21 PM
Doing it again with my second favorite character :)

Favorite character: Spike

Fool For Love, Intervention, Dirty Girls (Spike saving Xander warms my heart :) )

Dead Things, Seeing Red, Lies My Parents Told Me

Your character’s best quality: Incredible ability to adapt, passionate, will love with all his heart

Your character’s worst quality: obsessive, stalker, childish when around men

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Not dwelling on those he killed while soulless, working on saving the world instead.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: The Buffybot.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Mistreated by Angelus in the past and also in S2.

A time your character mistreated others: Poor Harmony wins this one.

A quote your character said that you loved: "Out for a walk, Bitch."

A quote your character said that you hated: "That's not your world. You belong in the shadows... with me. Look at your friends ... and tell me ... you don't love getting away with this... right under their noses."

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When Giles and the Scoobies kicked him out of the Magic Box in I Was Made To Love you.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: Telling Wood that his mother didn't love him. "You see, unlike you, I had a mother who loved me back."

Stoney
20-05-18, 06:00 AM

This is difficult and I could have given plenty of different responses for most of these. One of the things about Spike's character that I like the most is that even when I dislike things he does and aspects of his character, they all add in to the richness of him and his journey/story. I wouldn't change it (apart from the chin grin perhaps... :p).

Intervention, Grave, Chosen

In terms of some of the times he made huge mistakes/negative choices (it was difficult to limit it to 3!) - Crush, Smashed, Seeing Red

Your character’s best quality: Just because this fundamentally leads him greatly in his overall journey even though it brings both good and bad along the way, his deep wish to make meaningful connections and matter.

Your character’s worst quality: Unsouled, how he lashes out when he doesn't get responses he wants from women.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: I really liked Sosa's, but I'm choosing putting his feelings about it aside to wear the coat for the greater good. His need to wear it is a character weakness and I don't agree with how he spoke to Robin, but that is separate to appreciating the reason he wanted to make himself wear it after avoiding it specifically.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Pulling that stupid huge chin grin when he is in the Winnebago in Spiral.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Dru's enjoyment of his jealousy.

A time your character mistreated others: There are so many things you can choose when someone attacks and kills so many people! But I'll go for the time he did it souled and tortured the doctor in Shells.

A quote your character said that you loved: "It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big."

A quote your character said that you hated: "Well, then, let's give baby a taste." followed by the subsequent related lines in Lovers Walk.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When he saw Buffy's body in The Gift.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: When he continued to use Harmony once souled.

Sosa lola
20-05-18, 03:50 PM
Awesome answers, Stoney, I honestly don't remember that Spike quote at all *shame on me* "Well, then, let's give baby a taste." I remember a Spuffy fan who disliked Spike's flowery flirty lines in S5 like "I'm drowning in you, Summers."

I'm looking forwards to answer these questions with Buffy!

Stoney
20-05-18, 08:03 PM
Awesome answers, Stoney, I honestly don't remember that Spike quote at all *shame on me* "Well, then, let's give baby a taste." I remember a Spuffy fan who disliked Spike's flowery flirty lines in S5 like "I'm drowning in you, Summers."

I'm looking forwards to answer these questions with Buffy!

Oh they're just terrible lines, if I could block it out of my memory I would. It's following one of the vamps they are fighting saying that they thought Spike had gone soft, like baby food. The subsequent ones just keep the theme going...

Cut to Spike repeatedly smashing Lenny's head onto the table.
Spike: Baby like his supper? Baby like his supper?
He lifts Lenny and flips him over onto the table on his back.
Spike: Why doesn't baby have a nap?
He raises his stake high and plunges it violently into Lenny's chest.

I don't mind the drowning in you line, it fits his romantic melodramatic side. The writing in the show is so good there aren't many examples of lines that are 'bad' in that way and JM's delivery is so great he raises it a bar most of the time anyway. But those lines in Lovers Walk are simply awful, just awful.

SpuffyGlitz
29-05-18, 10:55 PM

3 episodes your character was at their best: Touched, Chosen, Grave

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Seeing Red, The Yoko Factor, Dead Things*
*Dead Things shows Spike at his worst and best. He's amoral and looking at the world through a blinkered, narrow perspective - solely his love for Buffy. But he's also displaying a great deal of desperate, selfless love.

Your character’s best quality: He's a survivor, he doesn't give up, he's sardonic no matter what the situation, he's courageous, he can be selfless without a soul, he's sensitive, unwavering, faithful and passionate in love. He loves with all his heart and is protective of those he loves. And he's a truth teller with great emotional insight.

Your character’s worst quality: Soulless, he can be cunning and amoral, and use emotional insight to manipulate people into doing/seeing things his way. It's useful when fighting evil (manipulates Glory in Intervention), but mostly self-serving (Yoko Factor). Soulless, he lashes out readily when things aren't going his way.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: punched Faith in S7 in Touched, given the circumstances (not if she wasn't a Slayer, though)

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Don't know if anyone 'liked' this particularly, but I didn't like how he tried to shake Buffy's confidence in Checkpoint ("maybe you just don't hold their interest/ things not as high, not as firm.") Obviously he doesn't mean it and is only jealous, & it's a notch ahead of his other weak attempt ("you have stupid hair", which was funny to watch), but the "not holding their interest" remark does seem to hurt Buffy.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Angelus and Dru's treatment of him, or Scoobies ignoring good things he does.

A time your character mistreated others: Willow in Lovers' Walk. Harmony in practically every interaction. And of course, there's plenty to pick from the years of killing and wrongdoings as William the Bloody.

A quote your character said that you loved: Every night I save you.

A quote your character said that you hated: Sorry, love. I don't speak Chinese.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When Buffy tells him "I think it's real. For you." in Entropy. He just looks so crushed.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: Pretty much any point on AtS S5's TGIQ. *shudders*

Whew! That was surprisingly difficult to do.

Stoney
30-05-18, 09:17 AM

3 episodes your character was at their best: Touched, Chosen, Grave

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Seeing Red, The Yoko Factor, Dead Things*
*Dead Things shows Spike at his worst and best. He's amoral and looking at the world through a blinkered, narrow perspective - solely his love for Buffy. But he's also displaying a great deal of desperate, selfless love.

I didn't take these ones to mean that the character was at their best or worst for the whole episode. I'd certainly never have chosen Intervention for one of the times he was at his best if so. I actually very nearly also had it as one of the times he was at his worst because of the bot. But as urgh as that was, it wasn't directly attacking/hurting anyone deliberately like so many other things he has done.

Really interested to read your comment about Dead Things SpuffyGlitz as I'm about to start going through the rewatch review for that and I'll consider this as I read/rewatch the episode. My immediate thought is that keeping Buffy out of prison is in great part about himself and his own wants too, but I wanted to check that this was the thing you find displays selfless love?

Great point about the quote to Xin Rong, it's just so harsh and really underlines how utterly irrelevant as a person she is to him.

Whew! That was surprisingly difficult to do.

Now imagine if you'd tried to pick just one best and one worst quality. :xd

TriBel
30-05-18, 10:27 AM
Stoney

I'd certainly never have chosen Intervention for one of the times he was at his best if so. I actually very nearly also had it as one of the times he was at his worst because of the bot. But as urgh as that was, it wasn't directly attacking/hurting anyone deliberately like so many other things he has done.

I find the Bot "urgh" - I think you're meant to find the Bot "urgh". However, I don't find it as "Urgh" as the exchange between Giles and Buffy:

BUFFY: (pauses) I don't know. I was, um, thinking about ... maybe ... taking a break or something.

She puts down her towel and walks into the living room. Giles follows.

BUFFY: Just ease off for a while. Not get into full slay mode.
GILES: But you were doing so well.
BUFFY: A-and you were great, helping me with everything. (They sit on the sofa) I'm just ... starting to feel ... uneasy about stuff.
GILES: Stuff?
BUFFY: Training. Slaying. All of it. It's just ... I mean ... I can beat up the demons until the cows come home. And then I can beat up the cows ... but I'm not sure I like what it's doing to me.
GILES: But you've mastered so much. I mean, your strength and resilience alone-
BUFFY: Yeah. Strength, resilience ... those are all words for hardness. (pause) I'm starting to feel like ... being the Slayer is turning me into stone.
GILES: Turning you into stone? Buffy-
BUFFY: Just ... think about it. (gets up, paces) I was never there for Riley, not like I was for Angel. I was terrible to Dawn.
GILES: At a time like this-
BUFFY: No.
GILES: You're bound to feel emotionally numb.
BUFFY: Before that. Riley left because I was shut down. He's gone. And now my mom is gone ... and I loved her more than anything ... and ... I don't know if she knew.
GILES: Oh, she knew. (gets up, puts his hand on Buffy's shoulder) Always.
BUFFY: I don't know. To slay, to kill ... i-it means being hard on the inside. Maybe being the perfect Slayer means being too hard to love at all. I already feel like I can hardly say the words.

Spike makes a "perfect woman" - a Thing that's easy to love. Giles is intent on making a "Perfect Slayer" - a Thing that finds it difficult to love. It's this - not the Bot - that will have repercussions. The right "intervention" here and Buffy's live might have not taken the turns it did. It's this moment she returns to in Touched.

Stoney
Great point about the quote to Xin Rong, it's just so harsh and really underlines how utterly irrelevant as a person she is to him. How? If he doesn't speak Chinese then he wouldn't know what she'd said. Compare to S7 Giles who is endangering Cho-ahn by not admitting "he doesn't speak Chinese".

keeping Buffy out of prison is in great part about himself and his own wants too

Okay - but can't we say the same about Buffy? Why are her actions selfless (seems to me imprisonment would help solve her immediate problems)?

I'm not trying to excue Spike - or being deliberately argumentative. :) I'm just suggesting that there's a second edge or an inverse to each of these moments.

Sosa Lola

"I'm drowning in you, Summers." I don't mind this - I like that it has its counterpart in Chosen "I'm drowning in footwear!" - It's a dream so there'll be concrete imagery of abstract ideas - Footwear/Shoes/Soles/Souls. No longer drowning in Buffy but in souls. Kinda neat.

SpuffyGlitz
30-05-18, 10:38 AM
I didn't take these ones to mean that the character was at their best or worst for the whole episode. I'd certainly never have chosen Intervention for one of the times he was at his best if so.
Really interested to read your comment about Dead Things SpuffyGlitz as I'm about to start going through the rewatch review for that and I'll consider this as I read/rewatch the episode. My immediate thought is that keeping Buffy out of prison is in great part about himself and his own wants too, but I wanted to check that this was the thing you find displays selfless love?

Stoney You're correct in that I did mean trying to keep Buffy from going to prison. I think it speaks volumes about his capacity for selfless love, given that he knows Buffy hates him for trying.

Actually I wanted to use Dead Things for best 3 and worst 3 eps and was trying to explain why (ultimately I didn't choose it and went for Grave instead, because I thought putting Dead Things under "best 3" would be contentious.) The "one dead girl doesn't tip the scales" highlights the need for a soul and is the chasm between Buffy and Spike at this point. It's why Buffy isn't ready to admit any love for him. For someone as fastidiously moral as the Slayer, she feels torn because he must be a monster to think like this -- and if she's with him she must share his thinking. Hence the brutal beating of him to distance herself, which of course adds to more self loathing.

Now imagine if you'd tried to pick just one best and one worst quality.

There's no way I could do that, without permanently frying my brain :xd

vampmogs
30-05-18, 10:56 AM

3 episode your character was at their best: Prophecy Girl, Innocence & The Gift
3 episodes your character was at their worst: Flooded, Gone & Empty Places

Your character’s best quality: Her heroism and her capacity for forgiveness.
Your character’s worst quality: Her self-flagellation and tendency to constantly put herself down and her lying, which she does do too often, even if there are times when I understand why.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Leaving Sunnydale after Becoming II. Ok, well I don't know if "liked" is the right word, but I think it's totally understandable, sympathetic and justified and I couldn't give a rat's ass that she left her post in Sunnydale behind. She needed time to heal and come to terms with what had happened and Slayer or not, she deserved that. Going after Faith in Graduation Day I is a very close runner-up. I refuse to buy into Faith's overly-simplified, manipulative and black & white thinking that it means Buffy is "becoming" Faith.
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Um, this is a hard one. There's certainly times I haven't liked Buffy's actions or behaviour but I'm struggling to think of an example where she did something that everybody else loved? I'm guessing a lot of people probably found invisible!Buffy in Gone funny whereas I thought what she did to Dorris was pretty appalling.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Dead Man's Party. The way they all treated her and spoke about her privately was disgusting. Empty Places is also horrendous.
A time your character mistreated others: Definitely in Gone when Buffy toyed with Dorris and possibly cost her, her job. I also thought her treatment towards Anya in Flooded was really nasty, ungreatful and bitchy ("That's an idea - you would have") considering Anya was just trying to help her.

A quote your character said that you loved: Either "I'll just let it burn" or "I talk. I shop, I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out. And I don't sleep on a bed of bones. Now give me back my friends."
A quote your character said that you hated: Well, both "And I'm talking about watching my lover die" and "... that they can't spend tonight with their honeys of all nights?" are cringe-worthy as f**k but "You sent away the one person who's been watching my back" is possibly the most offensive and pitiful thing she ever said.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: Just one? That's hard. Probably the end of Innocence.
A moment you wanted to slap your character: Definitely when she was being so nasty to Anya in Flooded.

This was fun so I'm going to do it for my favourite character in Angel as well;

Favorite character: Angel.

3 episode your character was at their best: Five By Five/Sanctuary, Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been and The Trial. I'd imagine Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been would be an odd pick for people considering what Angel did in the 1950's, but how he treats Judy at the end, and his desire to stay in the Hyperion, are some of his finest moments in the series
3 episodes your character was at their worst: Reunion, Reprise and Power Play

Your character’s best quality: His remorse and his genuine desire to do good
Your character’s worst quality: He can be a really big bully and he mistreats his friends often

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: How he treated Lindsey in Blind Date. Granted, I'm incredibly biased as I don't like Lindsey, but I thought Angel saw right through Lindsey's performance art sob story about his childhood
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: I consider Sanctuary to be one of Angel's best episodes but I think he treated both Wesley and Buffy really badly considering what Faith did to them and I don't agree that it was necessary or justified

A time your character was mistreated by others: Definitely Xander's attitude towards him in Season 1, in particular after Angel saved his life in Out of Mind, Out of Sight, and when Gunn tells him at the end of That Old Gang of Mine that they can never be friends because he's a vampire ("I can't help the way I feel, man. That's just the way it is. - Doesn't mean I don't wanna work with you. Doesn't even mean that I don't like you. - Maybe some day, I don't know") which is awful
A time your character mistreated others: When he shuts out his friends in Season 2 in his obsessive pursuit of Darla, cumulating in that horrendous scene when he threatens to put his hands on Cordy if she doesn't move out of his way.

A quote your character said that you loved: "All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because - I don't think people should suffer, as they do. Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness - is the greatest thing in the world."
A quote your character said that you hated: "Don't make me move you" (See above)

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When he gives that adorable smile after learning about the Shanshu Prophecy in To Shanshu in LA or in his dream sequence during Soul Purpose when Angel, as the mailman, slowly walks away as his friends forget about him and Spike is made human
A moment you wanted to slap your character: Definitely when he threatens to manhandle Cordy in Reprise

Stoney
30-05-18, 05:56 PM
How? If he doesn't speak Chinese then he wouldn't know what she'd said. Compare to S7 Giles who is endangering Cho-ahn by not admitting "he doesn't speak Chinese".

Okay, he's killing her, so he is already disregarding her as a person I just find his total disinterest in what she says when we know that it is a dying wish (and he probably thinks she is asking for mercy or some such), is there to underline how little he cares about her life. I'm not saying it is a surprise, in the slightest, or that it changes anything meaningful, it is just harsh. Perhaps SpuffyGlitz listed it for a different reason to that, I don't know.

Okay - but can't we say the same about Buffy? Why are her actions selfless (seems to me imprisonment would help solve her immediate problems)?

I never made any comment about Buffy or her choices, or suggested in any way that there weren't other layers in the episode/scenes etc. I was just asking about a specific point of view someone had expressed to see if I understood correctly where they were coming from so that I could consider it when watching the episode next. I don't see Spike acting selflessly in DT, so I was asking to understand where someone else did. :noidea:

There's no way I could do that, without permanently frying my brain :xd

:lol:

Sosa lola
13-07-18, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna do my favorite female character now :)

Prophecy Girl, Innocence, Becoming Part 2

Gone, Get It Done, Empty Places

Your character’s best quality: Heroism, Kindness, Forgiveness

Your character’s worst quality: Self-involvement, Superiority Complex, Self-reproach

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Running after Riley. I believe that Buffy did love him, and yes, what he did was awful but I wouldn't say it was so awful that it was wrong to try and work things out with him. Riley was a good person and I'm sure had Buffy caught up with him, they would have worked things out and he would have learned from his mistakes.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: I have seen a few fans give Buffy a thumbs up for accusing Xander of jealousy in Revelations, which, no, she doesn't get a thumbs up there, what she said was out of line. Not after all the crap her friends had to go through because of Angelus. Not with Cordelia sitting there in the library.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Dead Man's Party.

A time your character mistreated others: I find her speech in Get It Done necessary, but what she said about Chloe was uncalled for.

A quote your character said that you loved: "Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do. And we can do it together."

A quote your character said that you hated: "You sent away the one person that's been watching my back."

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When she woke up in her own grave and couldn't breathe and then dug herself out - that was so traumatic I just wanted to hug her and never let go.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: Fear, Itself: when she snapped at a shaking, freaked out Xander. Also when she said "typical" about Xander disappearing. She really disliked Xander in that episode, he probably reminded her too much of Parker.

Sosa lola
23-10-18, 03:55 PM
After I've written my latest fic, Support, I've grown attached to Willow. I'm in love with her. So, I'm doing a Willow one:

Favorite character: Willow

Becoming Part 2, Choices, Get It Done

Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Wrecked

Your character’s best quality: Kindness, open-mindness, altruistic

Your character’s worst quality: self-satisfaction, looks for an easy and fast fix, arrogance

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Misleading Cordelia to delete her entire homework. Go Willow!

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Becoming a powerful witch. I prefer when Willow used to be computer girl or at least a witch with limited powers.

A time your character was mistreated by others: The way Xander would mock her or snap at her in the early seasons.

A time your character mistreated others: Dead Man's Party.

A quote your character said that you loved: "Didn't we put the grrr in girl?"

A quote your character said that you hated: "I mean, Buffy, who was I? Just ... some girl. Tara didn't even know that girl." I've always loved 'that girl'. Willow was always special.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: When Oz left her in S4.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: When she started breaking stuff in the magic shop in Triangle.

SpuffyGlitz
23-10-18, 05:46 PM

3 episodes your character was at their best: Becoming II, Anne, Showtime

*I feel like all three episodes show Buffy at her heroic best - as do these lines from each: "Me"/ "I'm Buffy, the vampire slayer. And you are?"/ "But I don't believe in that. I always find a way. I'm the thing that monsters have nightmares about."

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Dead Things, What's My Line 2, Gone

*There's a self-flagellatory quality to Buffy's heroism in DT - she's so quick to jump to the conclusion that she must be a killer (rather than investigate the weirdness of the situation) that it seems like the final straw she's been waiting for to just give up. In WML, her attitude towards Kendra bothers me - there was really no need to be that condescending to a fellow Slayer, however much she disagrees with her worldview and lifestyle. In Gone, she's pretty much flirting with a death-wish, and it really frightens Dawn in the kitchen.

Your character’s best quality: Her resilience, strength, wisdom, ability to spring back from any situation however hopeless, her ability to inspire others, her ability to see the potential for good in everyone, her humanity and heroism, her wit, her fashion sense, her loyalty to her family and those she loves, her belief in herself (however many times it's shaken, it's always there), her sense of fun, her bravery, her compassion, her leadership qualities.

Your character’s worst quality: When she's feeling threatened/ emotionally numb, she can sometimes be tactless or give in to self loathing and fear. She can jump to conclusions too fast & believe the worst of herself - which makes her want to escape in a vicious cycle. She sometimes hides inner fears and feelings - but it's understandable.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Her S7 speechifying (eg: like about Chloe.) I felt like she was genuinely trying to save lives, not to sound bigoted.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: It's hard to think of, but I'm going with her snarkiness to Kendra, especially when she mimics her accent. Argh. That was insufferable.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Empty Places, also, in Life Serial when Xander's sexist colleagues jeer at her for being too strong and blame her for everything, also, Checkpoint (that awful history professor and the Council), and Dead Man's Party.

A time your character mistreated others: Definitely her snide jokes at Kendra's expense("go charge!") at the beginning of WML 2, her general obliviousness when she's invisible in Gone and her revenge at Dorris seemed like overkill.

A quote your character said that you loved: "I'm standing on the mouth of hell and it is going to swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me." or "I talk. I shop, I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out. And I don't sleep on a bed of bones. Now give me back my friends."

A quote your character said that you hated: "War is about death. Needless, stupid death" seemed an oddly fatalistic line to weave in to an allegorical battle with the First - it blurred the distinction between the metaphor and real life war- I don't hate it but I don't love it.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: Too many times. Definitely in The Body, end of Becoming 2, The Gift and AYW.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: Can't think of any but maybe when she's being bitchy/ condescending in general - I can't think of a specific moment but she does have moments of those.

Dipstick
23-10-18, 06:38 PM
This is a cool challenge!

As vampmogs did, I'll pick my favorite from BtVS and AtS. So Willow and Wesley.

Willow

3 episode your character was at their best: I assume this means most likable. In that case, I pick Halloween, New Moon Rising, and I Only Have Eyes for You. If it was most interesting, I'd pick Doppelgangland, Bargaining, and Tough Love.

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Ha, there's a whole Dark Willow trio of episode precisely for this purpose! Villains, Two to Go, and Grave.

Your character’s best quality: It's very close between her relentless ambition to learn and grow and become ever more capable ("Will-Power") and her "involuntary empathy", strongest with her friends but really widely directed to the world at large.

Your character’s worst quality: When she tries to control people through magic or as the lady herself said "getting cranky with her friends for no reason." (I think she usually does have a reason but she can get OTT on the crankiness relative to how she's been injured or more to the point, her letting people walk all over her and then, snapping unpredictably just because her hurt and anger has been cooking inside is a problem.)

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: The Resurrection is the ultimate example. The ink I've spilled defending this! There's a LOT though. Her sudden burst of anger when Xander was macking with Cordelia, her bully up until very recently, who Xander just said yesterday was humanity-less to touch the Judge. Crying in Consequences that Xander lost his virginity and didn't tell her. Not showing up to shop with Buffy in Dead Man's Party and then, saying that she missed Buffy as a best friend to share "scary life stuff'. Like, every time that she tries out magic or collects robot parts in S1-5 but someone clucks disapprovingly.

Willow's "Maybe Faith belongs behind bars" after Angel just found Faith sexually assaulting and strangling Xander. Setting limits that Xander can't touch her intimately anymore in The Wish. Getting angry at Tara in Tough Love when Tara says that Willow is frightening and can't have an opinion on Buffy/Dawn because Willow hasn't lost a parent. Getting cranky with Buffy for ignoring her and renigging on established plans to run after slaying with Faith or The Initiative. Making magical decorations for Xanya's engagement party. Using magic to computer-hack. Then at the same time, any time in S6 or S7 when she DIDN'T want to use magic and instead, wanted contribute to the team in other ways because Willow's powers and body belong to her and she ought to be the best judge on when she feels safe enough to use them. It's not for Anya or Buffy or Giles or anyone else to dictate that Willow must channel magic through her body.

Some stuff is borderline. Love Willow calling Anya out as a possible danger to Xander in Triangle but hate her recklessness with magic at the Magic Box. Love her answering Dawn's questions about resurrections after Joyce died instead of just blanket forbidding it but hate her cowardice when Tara notices the book missing and Willow doesn't 'fess up.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: I don't know! I find that Willow is pretty reliably criticized by fandom for everything that could possibly be criticized AND THEN SOME. On a pure "well-written successful character perspective", I don't enjoy Dark!Willow as a villain. I don't think she's funny or touching or relates back to non-evil Willow in a compelling way.

I guess, I think Willow saving Spike from staking himself in S4 was dumb. I give her HUGE slack because she was hostage with a knife at her throat, but I really don't think it was Willow's place to tell Faith, nor wise from a strategic perspective, that it's too late to come back to Team Good by the time of Choices.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Frequently Tara. I mentioned the Tough Love, Forever, and All the Way conflicts above. A classic example of Tara being a bad girlfriend- They're dealing with a hell-god. The last time, said hell-god would have murdered everyone if Willow didn't teleport Glory but there were still kinks in how Willow didn't know where Glory got teleported. Willow practices and refines this potentially valuable but difficult spell to the point of getting Headaches. Buffy expresses concern; Xander gets water. All Tara can is snit "Honey, in case you didn't hear the first six thousand times, no more teleportation spell."

A time your character mistreated others: Well again, the Darth Rosenberg arc. But other than that, she has mistreated Xander. Not as often as some fans claim. As said above, I'm on her side in Innocence and Consequences and Triangle. But "Oh, I live a basement. That's dire" or "No, sometimes we *all* help save you" or trying to enspell him with the de-lusting spell or flirting with Tara instead of properly attending to Xander as his "Best Man" are the four big occasions where she mistreated Xander when not black-haired.

A quote your character said that you loved: "I'm a witch! I can make pencils float. And I can summon the four elements....well, two but four soon! And I'm dating a musician."

A quote your character said that you hated: "You know Buffy. Sweet girl, not that bright."

A moment you wanted to hug your character: At the end of Wild at Heart, but Buffy beat me to it.

Sosa Losa also beat me to picking this moment. When Wheelchair!Willow at the end of Becoming says that she could feel the ensoulment spell work and that Buffy would probably be back after spending time with Angel, I always feel like hugging her at whatever point off-screen she realized that Buffy wasn't coming back after Willow almost died and her ensoulment of Angel is a disconcerting, upsetting mystery of how Angel died when Willow could feel his soul.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: At the end of Wrecked, but Dawn beat me to it.

Wesley

3 episode your character was at their best: Sanctuary, Salvage, and There's No Place Like Ptz Grb,

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Shells, Release, and Not Fade Away

Your character’s best quality: IT'S THE SAME AS WILLOW'S. I don't make the rules. It is less a tie for him though. Empathy is important with Wes but not nearly as important as ambition/hard work/intelligence.

Your character’s worst quality: Wes becomes unbelievably unbalanced about when to apply violence on humans. I think it's because of a deeper reason that he increasingly has trouble getting past his own pain to see how others are in pain or how he's putting them in pain. (S4-5 is why there's no tie between ambition and empathy with Wes while there is a tie for Willow.)

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Hmm, tricky. I feel like kidnapping Connor or imprisoning Justine is usually taken by the audience as a very morally grey thing to do and people acknowledge the pluses and minuses but end up landing on different sides. I don't whole-heartedly support Wes in both instances like I would for Willow say in the Resurrection Question, but I do land on being more on his side than not. He's criticized for taking Angel's soul away in S4 but I'm not sure wheres is the fannish consensus. I support the de-souling, even though it was awful and risky, because the emergency had already arrived and I didn't see any other viable alternatives.

I don't think he did ANYTHING wrong by just having the sense to realize that many of the Pylean rebels may not survive the war that they wanted to wage or that while he was giving Angel a pep talk, it was hardly a guarantee of his safety. You don't lose moral standing just because you're the only one with sense. I also don't think he did ANYTHING wrong by not listening to Angel (who's clearly been lying his head off) and breaking the Orlon Window. These actions aren't even morally grey to me but I hear them described as such.

I object to him kissing Fred in Soulless and his violence spiral after Fred died in S5. However, I really hold no ill will against Wesley for having a HUGE crush on Fred that never faded or for that matter, still appearing interested in Fred through S4-5. I don't expect people to turn off their feeling, especially when they're intense. If Gunn was still friends with Wesley, I'd expect Wesley to better mask his feelings to not hurt Gunn. However since Gunn condoned Angel's attempted murder and showed zero interest in helping Wesley at his rock bottom point, they were no longer friends and Wes did not owe Gunn camouflage of his feelings. Even during the very ill-advised, wrong Soulless kiss, a big part of me is all "Well, if Gunn is going to accuse Wesley of stealing Fred every damn two minutes, Wesley might as well enjoy it!"

Yeah, Wes idealized Fred. But you know, canonically, she was pretty damn ideal! She was indeed written to generally be a bundle of genius, spunky sweetness and light. Yes, he could have gotten to know her with more depth but the circumstances of their lives generally interfered with that.

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: There's actually a bunch. I described in my review of Choices in the rewatch thread that I think sacrificing Willow for the Box of Gavrok was both strategically and morally abhorrent. Wesley aggravates the situation further by dangling Buffy going away to college to induce Buffy to sell out Willow and by pouting to a rescued Willow that her pages better be useful to like, pay the freight of her life. I give Wesley ZERO credit of "acknowledging Fred's dark side" or whatever in Supersymmetry. A good argument can certainly be made that Seidel's murder was self-defense but vengeance animates Fred and Wesley there.

Wesley's efforts to capture Angelus after the Beast was destroyed were idiotic. Once the Beast was destroyed, he should have gone back to the hotel to focus on how to find Angel's soul and then, re-ensoul him because Angel can be ensouled remotely. It's made worse because he's very mean to Faith and he stabs that junkie- when I don't believe there were exigent circumstances to even justify it. I think he just had to prove to himself that he could capture Angelus and poor Faith/junkie were dragged along for the phenomenally dangerous ride.

I would think most people would agree that kneecapping the lawyer in A Hole in the World was morally wrong. However, I see it described as "bad ass" which I don't even get it. What's bad-ass about surprise shooting an unarmed underling from your desk? And as far as I'm concerned, all of AI is in the wrong for participating in NFA. Like, "your hero card is revoked" in the wrong. I had the most sympathy for Wesley and it's possible that he's not guilty by reason of insanity but he's still wrong to endanger LA because of Angel's pique of ego and anger.

A time your character was mistreated by others: WOW THIS IS A LOT. By the Scoobies, especially Giles, in BtVS S3. By Angel in S2 with the Darla-obsession. The entire team low-grade disrespects his authority and Cordelia/Gunn are vaguely crappy friends S3 pre-Forgiving. As far as I'm concerned, the entire gang (except Lorne and Connor if he counts) to varying degrees in late S3-4 in the immediate aftermath of the kidnapping/throat slitting. Lilah selling out his memories while he was trying to rescue her from an eternity of torment particularly stands out as romantic betrayal that never gets acknowledged as such. Ditto for Lilah telling Wesley "Oh yeah, Connor is still trapped at W&H. There's no way back in because you used the one exit on MEEEE. But thought you should know." HARD CORE Angel in S5 with the mind-f*ck and getting angry at Wesley because he doesn't remember because *Angel* f*cked with his mind and the lack of sympathy after Fred died and then, encouraging everyone on a suicide mission. Heck, Cordelia for "apologizing" for killing Lilah when she was Jasminfied so that she can be told the obvious- it wasn't her fault- as she upholds the mind-f*ck. You suck, YOU ALL SUCK.

A time your character mistreated others: Wes does use Gunn as a scapegoat/whipping boy for his other problems, even if Gunn kind of invites it at times. It's a short comedic bit but his resistance to paying Gunn for his efforts to help the team in S2 after Gunn's done quite a bit of labor for the team was pretty crappy. I think Wes was right to scold Gunn at the end of That Old Gang of Mine for lying to the team and stealing evidence but his choice of words ("bag and baggage") were too harsh. Of course, kissing Fred in Soulless and stabbing Gunn were completely wrong. (I see the issues with the speech at the end of Couplet and Spin the Bottle- but I was mostly on Wes's side there.)

JASMINE: Where's Angel?
WESLEY: You're omniscient. You tell us.

ILLYRIA: Do you? There are 2 sets of memories—those that happened and those that are fabricated. It's hard to tell which is which.
WESLEY: Try to push reality out of your mind. Focus on the other memories. They were created for a reason.
ILLYRIA: To hide from the truth?
WESLEY: To endure it.

It's poetic and all but really, THAT'S the conclusion of the Wesley v. Angel conflict over Angel mind-f*cking him. Super disappointing.

LOl since vampmogs said "I'm talking about watching my lover die" for Buffy in Graduation Day, Wesley gibbering on about how it violates laws that have PRE-DATED civilization is about as silly.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: Hey because the rest of AI doesn't know Humanity 101, I could be THE SOLE person to hug him after Fred died painfully in his arms for hours.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: I see where he was coming from in arresting Faith in Consequences. He was following Standard Operating Procedure. However there's an eminently slappable moment where he smugly tells the Council goons to tighten Faith's restraints because a part of him is enjoying the power that he's wielding over Faith.

Klaus Kartoffel
24-10-18, 12:30 PM
Dipstick covered my feelings about Willow pretty well so this is rather complementary.

Willow

3 episode your character was at their best: Dipstick covered "likeable" and "most interesting", so I'm gonna take "happiest" or "most content", "most balanced", "most optimistic" etc. In other words: when she feels somewhat (!), authentically zen about herself, her life and the future: The Harvest, Graduation & The Freshman. I guess she's supposed to be all in equilibrium in the end of Chosen but I call BS.

3 episodes your character was at their worst: Well, she's the unhappiest, most self-destructive and suicidal in the Dark Willow eps. There's no way around it, unfortunately. So, Villains, Two To Go and Grave, even though I'd prefer taking eps like The Initiative or Bargaining since those are more authentic.

Your character’s best quality: To ambition and empathy I add politeness, a very underrated trait. Also, the sort of badassery that lets her finish taking the sample from the corpse before passing out in Beauty & the Beast.

Your character’s worst quality: She's often too much of an emotional pushover especially in her conflicts with Tara. She'd make a sucky politician in terms of general self-presentation. I just can see her sitting in a talkshow, her opponent strawmanning "So... you're saying that [imputation of ulterior negative motivation(s)]" and Willow either lamely trying to stutter herself out of it, basically agreeing that she sucks, or getting OTT upset, angry or melodramatic.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Not telling Spike and Giles about the resurrection. Pretty cool with that. I'm more in discord re: telling Dawn (family-member and all).

A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Instantly forgiving Tara at the end of Family and afterwards being like Hush-Family never happened and Tara just looked at her and she felt wonderful :bleh:.

A time your character was mistreated by others: I take "mistreat" as "treating badly" (being mean/unfair, cheating, neglecting, saying hurtful stuff etc.) and not as "abuse" (mindwipes, feeding friends to demons etc.) Apart from Tara I say Giles whenever he expects results or puts obligations on her while he hurrrrrts over Buffy or himself. There's also Cordy's bullying and Xander sometimes being inconsiderate or sending out mixed signals during her crush-days or him blaming her for Buffy's invisibility in Gone. Oz cheating on her with Veruca and sending for his stuff without a note.

A time your character mistreated others: Cheating on Oz with Xander. Threatening Giles in Flooded. Bitching at Tara in All The Way "Well, that'd be a good start.". Xander already got covered. If I can include S08: Kennedy during Willow's affair with Aluwyn.

A quote your character said that you loved: "Well, I like you. You're nice and you're funny. And you don't smoke. Yeah, okay, werewolf, but that's not all the time. I mean, three days out of the month I'm not much fun to be around either." A classic!

A quote your character said that you hated: "Come on! This is a huge deal for me! Six years as a side man. Now *I* get to be the Slayer." Awful. Just awful. To be complete: I think Buffy's reply is just as lame and, at first watch, I kinda expected one of them adding bullshit like "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

A moment you wanted to hug your character: Since Wild At Heart was already mentioned I pick Xander calling her face pasty in The Pack.

A moment you wanted to slap your character: Since Dark Willow would turn my hand to ashes before it reaches her face, and Wrecked was already said, I pick Tabula Rasa.

Dipstick
25-10-18, 06:07 PM
Klaus, I completely agree right down to the letter. Yes to Willow being an emotional pushover. Yes to how Willow forgave Tara in Family far quicker than Tara deserved because of the months of deceit leading up to the spell. Yes to supporting Willow leaving Giles/Spike out of the resurrection but Dawn should have been informed and Dawn's next-of-kin opinion should have been considered. I also roll my eyes when we're supposed to believe Willow goes dark when she does magic which profoundly alters the state of the world but somehow magically altering thousands of teenage girls around the world brings perfect white glowy peace.

I agree that politeness is very important with Willow. "I don't care if it is an orgy of death. There's such a thing as a napkin." Yes, it's very underrated as a self-checking mechanism for the Scoobies' highly emotional and phenomenally stressful life. A big huzzah to "I statements." It sounds silly but they're important.

Puppet
12-11-18, 01:58 AM
I'm gonna do mine before reading through the thread - also, I don't know if it's cheating, but I have 3 faves, so I'm gonna do 3 :)

Favorite character: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

3 episode your character was at their best: I'll assume you mean good person and not just badass, so I'll go with; Guise Will Be Guise, he was funny, he was brave, he was heroic, what else can you want? Then there's Graduation Day where he put aside his differences with Buffy for the greater good and offered his help in the coming battle. Finally, I'll go with There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb when he was made the leader of the rebels.
3 episodes your character was at their worst: As much justification as I can come up with for the events, I'm gonna have to go with the episode where he takes baby!Connor away (can't remember the title right now). Then there's Consequences with his mishandling of Faith's ordeal, and Soulless when Wes kisses Fred? It was hard picking 3, guys! :D

Your character’s best quality: Ability to adapt/adjust to any situation and/or environment.
Your character’s worst quality: Unable to accept that not everyone sees the world the way he does.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: His 'shoot first, ask questions never' attitude in S5, I was totally on board for that, like shooting that one guy's knee out, killing Knox, etc.
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Kissing Fred. Whether in S4 or 5, take your pick.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Hands down, after the baby!Connor thing. I get why Angel stayed away from him, but the others were horrible; they not just Angel's friends, and I dare say that Gunn was much closer with Wes than he ever was with Angel. But then after he started dating Fred the writers lobotomized him. Poor Wes... and then Cordy came back and didn't even bother to contact him, stupid Cangel-loving writers! Made no sense!
A time your character mistreated others: A few come to mind, but I'm gonna go with his treatment of Lilah when she came to him dressed as Fred.

A quote your character said that you loved: "There's hope...for some. There's hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy...that after everything, you can still be surprised." This is just one of many, though, randomly chosen.
A quote your character said that you hated: "I'm fine, it's just...we should go before I pass out. Or possibly during." I never understood this wording, it makes absolutely no sense.

A moment you wanted to hug your character: After all of his friends abandoned him in late S3.
A moment you wanted to slap your character: His attitude in BtVS S3, wanted to slap that right outta him!

------------------------------------------

3 episode your character was at their best: Touched, Chosen, Bargaining. But I don't like a well-behaved Spike :P
3 episodes your character was at their worst: Fool For Love (both and flashbacks and present day), Seeing Red, Older and Far Away.

Your character’s best quality: His uncanny ability to get to the heart/truth of things/the people around him. He is quite an observant little vampy, isn't he?
Your character’s worst quality: I believe it's called foot-in-the-mouth disease. That and being Love's Bitch.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: His attitude and words to Wood at the end of LMPTM; I'm totally and completely on Spike's side there.
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Hmm, that's a tough one. It's hard to say what other fans will or won't like, especially with as polarizing a character as Spike. Be forewarned, whatever I go for may not actually fit in this category. I'm gonna say... Oh! I've got it! Smashed! The whole sex scene, not a fan, despite being a self-proclaimed Spuffling.

A time your character was mistreated by others: S4, at least in the beginning when Spike hadn't done anything recently to deserve their almost torturous treatment of him.
A time your character mistreated others: Leaving off the whole obvious abuse angle, my first thought was his total ignorance of Dawn in S6, when she arguably needed him the most.

A quote your character said that you loved: His entire Touched speech is the best thing to come out of his mouth in the whole show. Hands down.
A quote your character said that you hated: "You came back wrong!"

A moment you wanted to hug your character: After Buffy's death in The Gift.
A moment you wanted to slap your character: Buffy!Bot.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Favorite character: Faith Lehane

3 episode your character was at their best: Release, Salvage, Homecoming.
3 episodes your character was at their worst: This Year's Girl, Enemies, Graduation Day, Pt. 1.

Your character’s best quality: Her independence, at times mistaken for loneliness.
Your character’s worst quality: Her stubborn insistence that no one can be trusted.

A time your character did something you liked that everyone hated: Going after Angel in Revelations. Faith would have never met the souled (or any) version and only heard stories, she'd be stupid not to react that way. I mean, I'm glad she was stopped, but I still totally see where she was coming from, with what limited information she had.
A time your character did something you hated that everyone liked: Taking the Potentials out to 'unwind' in S7. Totally irresponsible, I'm completely on Buffy's side here.

A time your character was mistreated by others: Not long after arriving in S3 everyone seemed to just ignore her when she was around and never worry/wonder when she wasn't.
A time your character mistreated others: I may not be his biggest fan, but my vote goes to her sleeping with Riley in Buffy's body.

A quote your character said that you loved: "The road to redemption is a rocky path."
A quote your character said that you hated: "Break me off a switch, son"¦there's about to be a whuppin'."

A moment you wanted to hug your character: Her rainy breakdown in Five by Five.
A moment you wanted to slap your character: Blaming Buffy for everything that went wrong in Faith's life in Enemies.