PDA

View Full Version : Lani Diane Rich redoing Buffy

bespangled
15-05-18, 03:13 AM
Her podcast was seminal, IMO. But she and her husband divorced in season 5 and then she did short youtube videos to finish the series. She has one more BTVS episode left on Youtube and she just announce that she will be starting a new 1 hour podcast covering all of Buffy from the start with a new partner. :bounce::happydance:

Lani is great because she's an award winning author with experience in television media. Her BTVS podcasts taught me more about story creation and tools used in tv than anything ever has. She's a huge fan of the show and never harsh - and she covers everything from characters to themes as well as story creation. She is a Spike and Spuffy fan, but also loves Buffy and Angel. Every character gets positive and honest feedback, and their part in the narrative is also examined. This is head and tails above any B-verse podcasts out there.

She does have a new Angel podcast, as well. I highly recommend her.

Also - she has a brilliant series of short free writing lessons called How Story Works which taught me an awful lot. I just wish I was still able to write.:sadwalk:

Priceless
15-05-18, 08:15 AM
I was so happy when I heard this, I'm a big fan of Lani's. I used to listen to Dusted, and loved her on it, but her husband always seemed to dominate the conversation. I'm listening to her Angel podcast and so far so good :D

bespangled
15-05-18, 09:53 AM
She's doing it with the same partner - Dr. Kelly Jones. Those two are great together, and she sounds so much happier now that she has gotten rid of the mansplaining husband.

flow
15-05-18, 10:52 AM
I wish she would do videos on YouTube from season 1 on. :(

flow

TimeTravellingBunny
15-05-18, 02:49 PM
This is it: http://storywonk.com/podcasts/dusted/
They also have Veronica Mars and Outlander podcasts? Great.
Thank you for informing me about this. I'm going to have a listen soon. I'm always looking for good new podcasts to listen to - I do a lot of that while walking my dogs.

bespangled
16-05-18, 12:39 AM
She's at Chipperish now - https://chipperish.com/
Storywonk was with her ex - still great reviews!

She has Outlander, West Wing, Angel, Buffy and How Story Works

Priceless
16-05-18, 07:56 AM
I'd recommend How Story Works, they're very short episodes with just little nuggets about writing fiction for the absolute beginner.

TimeTravellingBunny
16-05-18, 03:59 PM
She's at Chipperish now - https://chipperish.com/
Storywonk was with her ex - still great reviews!

She has Outlander, West Wing, Angel, Buffy and How Story Works

Most of her Buffy podcasts are on the older link, and I'm going to listen from the start. (Maybe not the Buffy movie one.)

bespangled
17-05-18, 12:22 AM
Dusted is all on the older link - it was made with her husband who has an annoying habit of mansplaining stuff he knows less about than she does. Other than that, they are well worth listening to - I loved it. This was how I was introduced to BTVS podcasts, and I still haven't found one as good as Dusted, After the break up he tried to continue with Dusted and made it 2 episode before everyone let him know what they wanted was analysis, and not anti-Spike fangirling with his new gal pal.

Then Lani finished up with the youtube videos. Now she will be redoing Buffy in another series of 1 hour podcasts, starting from WTTH with her new partner. I think she said she thought they would be starting soon.

The link I posted is where the new podcast is gonna be and where their current Angel review podcast is.