PDA

View Full Version : Long time watcher, first week on the forum

Rebcake
14-04-18, 06:46 AM
Howdy all! I'm Rebcake, and I came late to Buffy ... 12 years ago. Well, I also saw the movie when it first came out, but it didn't change my life like the show did. Next month will be my 10th fanniversary! Which is to say that I posted my first fic almost 10 years ago.

I get excited about the rarer characters, like Skip, D'Hoffryn, Joyce and Harmony, among others. I like no ships and multi-ships, although many of the ships I like include Spike. Spike/Dru & Spike/Buffy are my most frequently ficced couples. I vastly prefer BtVS to AtS, except that I love Lorne, Gunn, Fred, Cordy, and Illyria to bits.

I'm on LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, AO3, Twisting the Hellmouth, and Tumblr using the same handle, although my online time is sometimes spotty.

Silver1
14-04-18, 07:49 AM
Hi there, another LJ'r I recognise. :D

Hope you'll have a great time posting on here. :D

GoSpuffy
14-04-18, 08:26 AM
Nice to meet you! I think harmony is under recognized.

flow
14-04-18, 08:45 AM
Hi Rebcake,

it is great to have you here ! I hope you have fun around here. I watched the series for the first time only a year ago.

flow

Stoney
14-04-18, 12:47 PM
Hi Rebcake :D

I watched the show post its airing too. There's so many new fans all the time, it's great.

See you around the board, any queries feel free to shout out I'm around most days (who am I kidding, I'm here every day :biggrin1:).

Priceless
14-04-18, 03:02 PM
Hi Rebcake, welcome to the board! Hope you have fun here. I'm a big Harmony and Cordy fan too, both women are so interesting and fun, and underestimated!

I am addicted to fanfic, so I will look out for some of yours. Would you like to recommend one, do you have a personal favourite?

Rebcake
14-04-18, 08:29 PM
I am addicted to fanfic, so I will look out for some of yours. Would you like to recommend one, do you have a personal favourite?

Hoo boy! Loaded question. Most of my stories — but not all — are one-shots, so they don't take a lot of commitment. :) If you are familiar with AO3, which I'll bet you are, you can just sort them according to your preferences — pairing, kudos, story length, etc. Or, I have a list on LJ that shows them all in chronological order of when they happened, starting with a Darla/Jonathan Swift short:

https://rebcake.livejournal.com/23783.html

I hope you find something that you like!

Priceless
14-04-18, 09:04 PM
Hoo boy! Loaded question. Most of my stories — but not all — are one-shots, so they don't take a lot of commitment. :) If you are familiar with AO3, which I'll bet you are, you can just sort them according to your preferences — pairing, kudos, story length, etc. Or, I have a list on LJ that shows them all in chronological order of when they happened, starting with a Darla/Jonathan Swift short:

https://rebcake.livejournal.com/23783.html

I hope you find something that you like!

I am on Live Journal, though I have no idea how it works. I think I've just added you as a friend, but what that actually means is beyond me :roll:

I spend a lot of time on AO3 and I'm looking forward to reading your fics. I am Spuffy, but I will read pretty much any kind/lengths/pairings etc. fics. :)

Double Dutchess
15-04-18, 01:02 AM
Hello Rebcake!

Nice to see more and more familiar faces (or, well, names) on here! I only just started posting here yesterday myself.
It's also good to see the less obvious characters get shown some love. I fondly remember your Skip/D'Hoffryn stories :heart:
And I invite you to come and help up the votes for Harmony as a favourite female character here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?20684-Who-Are-Your-Favourite-Female-Characters), if you haven't already!

Rebcake
15-04-18, 02:22 AM
I invite you to come and help up the votes for Harmony as a favourite female character here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?20684-Who-Are-Your-Favourite-Female-Characters), if you haven't already!

Hiya! Yep, already voted for Harm, among several others!

bespangled
15-04-18, 04:06 AM
Hi Rebcake - spikesjojo here. I am so glad you're here. It looks like fandom may be drifting here, which is excellent. I think you'll like this place.