PDA

View Full Version : Similarity Between Faith & Forrest

Priceless
20-03-18, 04:18 PM
While watching This Years Girl I noticed something I'd not seen before. There are similarities between Forrest and Faith in that episode, both are aggressive and angry, blaming others for their situations, turning on the people that they either loved or wanted to be.

Forrest could have said Faith's line 'You think you matter, you think you're a part of something, then you get dumped . . . ' and it would have fitted just as well.

Do you see any similarities or am I way off base?

Fool for Buffy
20-03-18, 04:26 PM
There are definitely similarities. Forrest begins to feel more and more lonely and betrayed as Riley turns away from him. As a result, Forrest, as you said, blames others for his problems. And on another level, if you buy that Faith had a crush or obsession with Buffy, the same should certainly be said about Forrest with Riley. Forrest also would rather attack people and place blame than talk about his problems, which is one of Faith’s defining issues.

debbicles
21-03-18, 02:43 PM
Ooh good call, both of you. And doesn't Faith-in-Buffy's body finally tip Forrest over the edge with his Buffy hatred?

Priceless
21-03-18, 03:23 PM
Ooh good call, both of you. And doesn't Faith-in-Buffy's body finally tip Forrest over the edge with his Buffy hatred?

He calls her a killer and she nearly flips on him. I think that was an important moment for both of them. Being called a killer pushes Faith over the edge and her aggression is the final straw for Forrest. They are both on the same path to destruction but luckily Faith finds rescue and Forrest is murdered before he can find any redemption. Forrest is definitely the Faith of Season 4 :)

TimeTravellingBunny
21-03-18, 04:00 PM
There are definitely similarities. Forrest begins to feel more and more lonely and betrayed as Riley turns away from him. As a result, Forrest, as you said, blames others for his problems. And on another level, if you buy that Faith had a crush or obsession with Buffy, the same should certainly be said about Forrest with Riley. Forrest also would rather attack people and place blame than talk about his problems, which is one of Faith’s defining issues.

They also both tend to treat their sexual partners with contempt and disassociate sex and affection, while investing a lot more emotional energy in a close friend, to the point of obsession (I don't think Forrest is gay or bisexual - and contrary to some opinions, IMO neither is Faith - there is no sexual interest on his part in Riley, but he feels threatened by Riley having an emotional bond with Buffy), and both have an evil parent figure manipulating them, though we don't see much of the relationship between Forrest and Maggie Walsh).

TriBel
21-03-18, 08:02 PM
Can't remember much about Forrest but I did notice both their names start with F. :D