PDA

View Full Version : Designing BTVS - the next generation

bespangled
16-03-18, 12:00 AM
I don't want to see Buffy as a rehashing of the original. Keep the philosophy but bring it to a new time and place because much as I love the characters, the show is about more than them. The fact that the show has a firm philosophy and moral underpinning is what makes it great. This is what I would love to see in the next version of Buffy.

Cleveland has a hellmouth, and a more urban environment. Have another slayer - possibly two, with an older slayer as mentor. Dushku would be an interesting watcher. Create a team that works for a different place and a different time - give some of them obvious powers, and the others less obvious powers. Use a mix of human and demon if you want. Are there more souled vampires, or vampires like Harmony?

So - anyone want to create a viable team and slayer?

Silver1
16-03-18, 09:50 AM
Do you know I'm not sure I'd want to watch a show that so dissimilar plot wise from the original. I'd hate to give BTVS the Star Trek Discovery treatment, in trying to ignore canon and go so far from the original source material It's barely recognisable anymore.

I mean there's something about Buffy that works best in a small scaled down environment. Angel worked well in It's big city set up, I'm not sure Buffy would.