PDA

View Full Version : Buffy references in TV-Shows through the ages - awesome youtube-vid !

flow
16-02-18, 07:30 PM
Hi @all,

FoolForBuffy found this awesome YouTube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv8Y4u0OAQ&app=desktop

It is a collection of all the scenes in tv-shows, that paid tribute to our favorite show with a reference.

I love the Supernatural reference :"What would Buffy do ?"

What is your favorite reference ?

flow

KingofCretins
16-02-18, 11:15 PM
I don't like them in other similar genre shows because it effectively rules out crossovers, i.e. Supernatural. I think Buffy is a Dean girl personally.

In other shows, I enjoy them. It's like pop culture validation.

TimeTravellingBunny
17-02-18, 12:02 AM
I don't like them in other similar genre shows because it effectively rules out crossovers, i.e. Supernatural. I think Buffy is a Dean girl personally.

As if that would ever happen anyway.

KingofCretins
17-02-18, 12:17 AM
As if that would ever happen anyway.

Tragically, "Supernatural" is one of the various media that features far, far lamer vampires than "Buffy" did. For the first three seasons, though, I think much of the world-building could be smoooshed credibly. Real challenge would be how to write a story Buffy and her retinue could participate that the Winchesters could be of any additional use in dealing with (again, I give up trying to even daydream this for the later seasons of SN where the lore just sort of implodes.

TimeTravellingBunny
17-02-18, 12:19 AM
Hi @all,

FoolForBuffy found this awesome YouTube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv8Y4u0OAQ&app=desktop

It is a collection of all the scenes in tv-shows, that paid tribute to our favorite show with a reference.

I love the Supernatural reference :"What would Buffy do ?"

What is your favorite reference ?

flow

The Spaced clip near the end is the best. :D I have to watch that show one day.

I've seen that video before, but it's a pleasure to see it once again. It's from May 2013 though, so I'm sure there have been more references since. For instance, I think one of the characters on Agents of SHIELD made a reference to the "Hellmouth" once.

BTW it's funny that Veronica Mars had a Buffy reference, while Buffy comics had characters discussing Veronica Mars.

KingofCretins
17-02-18, 12:33 AM
Veronica Mars is Buffy, done as crime noir instead of horror/fantasy. Hard to pick two series better suited for mutual admiration.

GoSpuffy
17-02-18, 12:44 AM
I was watching S1 of This Is Us a couple of days ago and saw a Buffy poster as a decoration.

Fool for Buffy
17-02-18, 03:46 AM
I use WWBD? all the time.

And the hooking up with Spike and Drusilla comment is hilarious.