PDA

View Full Version : Which Group Do You Prefer?

Priceless
23-01-18, 09:20 PM
I prefer the scoobies to AI. I much prefer Buffy to Angel as a relatable character. Cordy was amazing on both shows but I probably prefer her on AI, but I also loved her through the first two seasons of BtVS. Willow is a great character, with an amazing arc. She also had the best partners, as Oz and Tara were both so cool in their own ways. I much prefer Xander and Giles to Doyle and Wesley and though I like Gunn I felt he was wasted. Of course if Spike is considered a scoobie late S5 through early S6, that wins it for the scoobies :D

GoSpuffy
23-01-18, 09:34 PM
Scoobies for sure. I've only watched AtS once. Way, way prefer BtVS which I've watched countless times. So many times I could probably be a watcher lol

Stoney
23-01-18, 09:36 PM
Wes and Angel are two of my favourite characters, but I like them individually more than as part of their group. The AI group had too many reorganisations of leadership, losses, splits and tension for me to like them as a group overall. All those periods and changes were interesting for the show/group/individuals, don't get me wrong. But if I was going to join a group I'd rather be with the Scoobies who despite their periods of strain and how they struggled with transitions in their lives affecting their friendship, they were still together and pushing forward, caring for each other.

I think you could argue Spike into either group as a legitimate member in both final seasons, but I think as a character he is a BtVS character as his main progressive arc was across that show.