PDA

View Full Version : Book - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia Ultimate Guide to the Buffyverse

betta
26-09-17, 11:08 PM
This book includes ALL the comics:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia Ultimate Guide to the Buffyverse

https://youtu.be/xpkyc67wcGY

Stoney
27-09-17, 03:43 AM
Well, up to S10. :p

There is so much that fans find to disagree on in terms of interpretation an authorised encyclopaedia could certainly prove an interesting read and it is something that I have pre-ordered. By the nature of the book and the sheer quantity of things it is referencing though I do expect it to be very light/brief in the detailing, even if it is chronologically wide in scope.

Priceless
21-12-17, 07:24 PM
I was a bit disappointed at how small it was, but it is very shiny and does included everything from the shows and the comics so I'm happy enough :)

Stoney
21-12-17, 09:29 PM
I thought the production on it was nice and I like having something that is a quick/easy character reference. Although, by its nature, if it is one of those occasions you can't remember the character's name, it isn't much bloomin' use, ha!

I did notice that although it claimed to cover the complete canon, inside it described it as including "the core comic books generally considered canon", so it isn't trying to state the ones they chose to use are confirmed, they've just added in a few that are often referenced. Not that they include many outside of the confirmed canon with Joss' name to them anyway.