PDA

View Full Version : First Post :) Season 2 re-watch: Love or hate? First Post

ellenrose
08-02-16, 03:10 PM
Hi!

this is my my first post, i am a huge fan of Btvs
re watching buffy/angel for 3rd time:D

watching season 2 again and i always forget how much the characters change from season 1
Things i loved:
1 Something that i really loved is that at the result of the return of Angelus, Giles and Buffy become closer.
When Giles sticks by her and ignores Jenny, you can see that it really means so much to her...
2 Willow and Oz happens and it is so nice to see Will grow...
3 how easily Oz adjusted to the life of helping to save the world

things i didnt love:
1 jenny-Miss Calandar
2 Strong Drucilla & weak Spike

What did you guys think about season 2?

Rihannon
08-02-16, 04:00 PM
Hello ellenrose, welcome to the forums.:)

How nice that you are watching Buffy again. Some of us have been doing episode-by-episode rewatch discussions that you will find in the "Buffy" section (that you can find in the main menu). We are currently reviewing season 5, but you can look for the season 2 thread there and see if you find there something you like.

Hope we'll be seeing you here! :)

Silver1
08-02-16, 05:02 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy posting on here. :)

Stoney
09-02-16, 12:41 AM
Hi!

this is my my first post, i am a huge fan of Btvs
re watching buffy/angel for 3rd time:D

watching season 2 again and i always forget how much the characters change from season 1
Things i loved:
1 Something that i really loved is that at the result of the return of Angelus, Giles and Buffy become closer.
When Giles sticks by her and ignores Jenny, you can see that it really means so much to her...
2 Willow and Oz happens and it is so nice to see Will grow...
3 how easily Oz adjusted to the life of helping to save the world

things i didnt love:
1 jenny-Miss Calandar
2 Strong Drucilla & weak Spike

What did you guys think about season 2?

Hey ellenrose, welcome to the forum. :D I'm with you on the Willow/Oz side of season 2, it is a great path for both characters and I think they built up to it really well. I'm not sure what you mean about 'strong Dru and weak Spike', are you talking about the dynamic shift when Spike ends up in the wheelchair? If so, personally, I found that to be a key shift in the character path for Spike that started to really solidify him to me as more interesting than just the swagger and big bad. How his sensitivities and insecurities are built on from then are truly great and a good part of that comes with seeing the swing in his relationship with Dru and how she reacts to Angel. Arguably the power shift between them is only physical when he is injured and she is cured and that in itself is revealing for both their stories (and Angel's).

The current rewatch is my third rewatch too! :) Do feel free to drop into the rewatch discussions Rihannon mentioned, for regular or odd comments, all are welcome. :biggrin1: