PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Mrs Captain Peroxide
17-04-15, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,

My username already gives it away: I love Spike! I've just been re-watching Buffy and I'd forgotten what a great show it was. Now I'm kind of obsessed with it, and since there are few (more like: none) friends who share my love for Buffy and some other shows, I felt the need to go looking for some!
Some other random info about me:
- I'm 24 years old.
- I love animals. I own a very cute English Cocker Spaniel.
- I'm from The Netherlands and I'm currently a student at a Dutch University. I'm studying Interdisciplinary Social Science.
- Being a Dutchie and all, if my English isn't always perfect, it's because I'm not a native speaker. Sorry about that.
- Apart from Buffy, I also love watching Angel, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Heroes & British comedy shows like Monty Python, Blackadder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie.
- I love reading. I'm currently reading "So, Anyway" by John Cleese.
- I have been a Harry Potter fan since I was eleven.

Well, this was my introduction. If anyone has any questions, I'd love to hear them. :)

Stoney
18-04-15, 06:41 AM
Welcome! Great to see new people joining. Make sure you check out the rewatch thread under the Buffy tv show section if you want to join in discussions of the eps - we are about to get to Something Blue Sundayish, so good timing! Check out Aurora's Pangs review which has some brilliant Spike stuff too. Here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?20053-BtVS-rewatch-SEASON-4) is a link to the thread, there are links under the spoiler at the bottom of the first post to each of the reviews already done.

Great to hear you love Blackadder and I have to say your English is great. See you around the board. :biggrin1:

Nina
18-04-15, 10:57 AM
Hoi!

Nice to see another Dutch fan of BtVS/Ats (and Harry Potter!) around here. I hope you have a nice time here. :)

Cori
18-04-15, 11:36 AM
Hello and welcome to BuffyForums! :wave: Glad to have another Spike and Game of Thrones fan here! :D :thumbup:

Please read our Posting Guidelines (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?102-Buffy-Forums-Rules-and-Posting-Guidelines) carefully to see how this forum is run. Our rules may be a bit stricter than on other forums. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards! :)

Mrs Captain Peroxide
18-04-15, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
@ Stoney: Hi there, lovely to hear that you like Blackadder as well. I love your avvie and signature!
@ Nina: Hi fellow Dutchie! :)
@ Cori: Thank you! I've read the guidelines before posting and I like them. Some forums are all about games and 'who's getting the most amount of posts', so I like the policy here. :)

Stoney
18-04-15, 11:15 PM
Ha, thanks. It was my first attempt at fanart and I have since (I hope) gotten a bit better and aspects of it drive me crazy now but I haven't put time into sorting it out or doing a new one yet, although I keep meaning to. If you like to fanart you should check out that section and come and join in the challenges. I've just posted a new one that might tempt any creative urges you have! We tend to have three running at any one time and there is a general thread doing some theme prompts with less requirements and others for just posting pieces on. Your avatar looks styled so I'm thinking you might not be as newbie as me at it all, but there is a total range of skill levels here who join in so if you are interested it is a great place to be for art, and that is across fandoms not just BtVS/AtS. :)

HisMRS
19-04-15, 03:22 AM
Hey and welcome!!