PDA

View Full Version : The Curse Has Been Fulfilled!

Cordelia
27-12-14, 08:33 AM
'Sup? Hope everyone had a great Christmas/Hanukkah.

So I'm a graphic design major and I also enjoy writing but still working on finishing what I start. :p ...seriously I'm such a perfectionist with my wording it's kinda ridiculous! And then my my interests change and/or brain decides to manifest new ideas...ugh.

Anyway, I'll be going into my third year of BTVS/ATS fandom. It kind of officially begun back when I was in high school...which was like forever ago, class of 2005 (good grief I'm getting old!), when my mom kind of shoved her BTVS box set at me insisting I give it a try but at the time I was not into vampires. That didn't happen until 2008 when I read Twilight (and now I am so over that, so don't get me started there) so I'd went ahead and watched the pilot but it didn't interest me.

Fast forward to last year, soon to be two years ago, 2013. I think it was my first day of my brief volunteer period at a local food bank (Don't worry it was only brief because I started a soup kitchen volunteer position about a month later that I enjoyed more). The gig wasn't until 9 but it takes an hour by bus, my required mode of transportation, because they are allergic to expressways...so I'm up horribly early which is not typical of me, like 7am-ish and mom invites me to hang in her room where she's got an episode of Angel on. It was ONLY airing at that hour at the time so I'd never been able to catch it before. I believe it was season 3's 'That Old Gang of Mine' because I recall the whole hostage situation scenario at Caritas. I was liking what I was seeing.
Then I find out one of my favorite actors has a small role in an ep, Sam Witwer who played John Stoler in season 4's 'Shiny Happy People' the poor young man who had the misfortune of being the first to see Jasmine's true face and ended up in the mental ward. Ok I'm in, I'd been meaning to watch it anyway I just needed that push but I prefer to watch a TV show in order so instead of skipping right to his episode, I start at the beginning. I'm hooked but a lot of stuff is happening that originated in BTVS and I'm not following. So I decide I need to go back.

This time BTVS got my interest but unlike most fans I barely got into the Buffy/Angel relationship, too Twilight for me except with elements that were even more inappropriate. Nope, it was the largely under appreciated relationship Angel develops with Cordelia in ATS that captured me. I'm convinced they are the truest soul mates in both series and don't worry I'm used to being drawn to the minority ships so it doesn't bother me that I don't have a lot of folks on my side here.

So here is what you need to know about me. As Cordelia put it in 'The Bachelor Party' season 1, ATS "I think it I say it, that's my way." I'll either tell you exactly what I think or I'll keep my mouth shut all together. I don't sugar coat. Not to worry though I'm very loose and easy going. I actually don't like to argue, in fact most of the time it's when I detect/anticipate heat that I'll choose to keep my mouth shut.

Also I'm still working on season 7 of BTVS and am considering season 5 of Angel but will always point out in acknowledgement when I am not working off of the full picture or when my memory may be incorrect (I haven't re-watched much since my first run and most of what I have in in Angel).

Alright so that's me.

Ehlwyen
27-12-14, 05:11 PM
Wow! :heart: And Welcome! :wave:

That is an impressive introduction! Thank you for sharing! :D It's amazing how so many little things have to happen for the timing to be right and everything to fall into place. I'm so glad it finally happened for you. I bet your mom is too! :lol: Do you share a lot of similar views on the series?

I adore Sam Witwer, but that is serious dedication to embark on that many episodes to see him in one episode. But, Angel and BtVS are pretty sneaky in how quickly characters will connect with you. ;)

It's great to have another Cordelia/Angel fan around! I love watching their relationship grow from acquaintences to real friends and ultimately something that transcended romantic love into recognizing each other's true self. It kills me how S4 and S5 played out instead of continuing to recognize and expand upon that connection. It is a minority ship but you will find a few more fans of them around here. :hug:

Happy you found your way here and hope you have fun exploring! You might enjoy some of the fanart challenges that we have going on as well. :xd

Cordelia
27-12-14, 08:14 PM
I bet your mom is too! Do you share a lot of similar views on the series?

I'm unsure, she's not so into it anymore. It seems she sold all her box sets as I've never been able to find them (I once last year before moving from my previous residence tried unsuccessfully to find her Angel sets because at the time I'd been streaming it online and that was a pain a lot of the time, why I didn't consider Netflix for Angel when it's where I went right away to watch BTVS is beyond me) and it was she who first told me the fifth season of Angel was crap. Recently however several fans who enjoyed it have tried to appeal my interest on Youtube.
I do know that we share an equal dislike of what happened to Cordelia in season 4. It was shitty of Joss to take his tantrum over Charisma being pregnant out on the character and the fans!

I adore Sam Witwer, but that is serious dedication to embark on that many episodes to see him in one episode. But, Angel and BtVS are pretty sneaky in how quickly characters will connect with you.

I actually initially thought he was in season 2 and by the time I realized my error I'd already been hooked. ;)
It was his vampire character in the series 'Being Human' on syfy that got me over Twilight in 2012 and totally crushing on him (but he has a girlfriend, damn it!). The character is excellently written and developed and his performance is amazing, this guy really knows how to crush your heart big time. I highly recommend the series.

It's great to have another Cordelia/Angel fan around! I love watching their relationship grow from acquaintences to real friends and ultimately something that transcended romantic love into recognizing each other's true self. It kills me how S4 and S5 played out instead of continuing to recognize and expand upon that connection. It is a minority ship but you will find a few more fans of them around here.

*high fives* A fan after my own heart! That's exactly it, they were just so natural and real and they helped each other grow into the stronger characters they'd become.

I'm already liking it here. Fanart challenges huh? I just might take part. How do I find out about them?

Stoney
28-12-14, 02:00 AM
Hey Twisted Angelus, nice to see you over here from SA. I assume the name match can't be a fluke. :biggrin1: You have found my true home and first port of call, I love the BF forum and the fanart section (which I am only just starting out in) is a great supportive community. The fanart section is here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?26-Fanart) and under that you can find the general threads for posting art as well as the sub-forum to join in the challenges/battles. I hope to see you around here more. :D

Cordelia
28-12-14, 02:08 AM
Hey Twisted Angelus, nice to see you over here from SA. I assume the name match can't be a fluke. :biggrin1: You have found my true home and first port of call, I love the BF forum and the fanart section (which I am only just starting out in) is a great supportive community. The fanart section is here (http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?26-Fanart) and under that you can find the general threads for posting art as well as the sub-forum to join in the challenges/battles. I hope to see you around here more. :D

You're at Slayalive? Nice, indeed I'm the same Twisted Angelus. To be honest I would have chosen a different name had I known I couldn't use an image in my signature. My banner contains the Twisted Angelus name. I could have just removed the name in photoshop, but I've made so many alternations and re-saves of that banner I'm just like "ugh, no, just no, not again!". XP
I see you have a signature banner though, ok, now I'm confused. :confused:

I'll certainly be checking out the fanart section, I already have several pieces I can put up if desired.

Stoney
28-12-14, 02:18 AM
Yeah I go to SA for comic talk. More this season than before I have to admit (aside from the Q&As). It is pretty quiet most places on that front compared to what it has been before but I am always on here first and foremost.

I think that the signature becomes an option when you have posted a certain number of times, not sure how many. Don't look too closely at my sig it was the first piece of fanart I did and I'm currently creating a revised version as only 3 months of learning to fanart through the great group of talented people here has me hating parts of it. I think my sig banner may just keep changing as I learn new stuff all the time and keep realising all the ways it is pants!! :xd

The general posting threads under the fanart may be a good place to pop some of your existing pieces. The Jossverse fanart thread for examples (under the link I gave above), you could pop your Angel/Cordelia pieces I think I have seen on SA in. We don't have our own art threads here but keep things grouped by type. There are some section guidelines you can find on that link too. :)

Cordelia
28-12-14, 03:15 AM
Yeah I go to SA for comic talk. More this season than before I have to admit (aside from the Q&As). It is pretty quiet most places on that front compared to what it has been before but I am always on here first and foremost.

Yeah I have noticed that the majority of SA's activity is in the season 10 comic set threads which sucks for me because I'm not there. XP

Don't look too closely at my sig it was the first piece of fanart I did and I'm currently creating a revised version as only 3 months of learning to fanart through the great group of talented people here has me hating parts of it.

Haha you sound like me, I went through two Cordelia/Angel banners before I ended up with the one I use at SA and Buffy-Boards which I am finally happy with. The one I said I didn't want to re-save for the umpteenth time. It can be a process to get to a point where you are happy with a piece but it's worth it. I happen to think your Spike banner is very well done.

The general posting threads under the fanart may be a good place to pop some of your existing pieces. The Jossverse fanart thread for examples (under the link I gave above), you could pop your Angel/Cordelia pieces I think I have seen on SA in. We don't have our own art threads here but keep things grouped by type. There are some section guidelines you can find on that link too.

Good to know, I've never known a system like that before.
I had begun to browse the fanart section before having to break from the laptop for dinner, so I need to go back and take a closer look at everything.

HisMRS
28-12-14, 05:01 AM
Hey and welcome! I'm a graphic designer as well, so I hope you'll join our fanart competitions and get involved in the forum! :)

Cordelia
28-12-14, 07:48 AM
Excellent, it's nice to meet a fellow graphic designer.