PDA

View Full Version : Searching for an old fanfic!

Neejchee
27-08-14, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone! If this is in the wrong place please tell me and I'll move it, or admin feel free to do so if you'd prefer.

I have been a huge Buffy fan for about 15 years or so, and used to read Spuffy fan fiction a lot. Over the years of university studies and trying to keep my child alive long enough to start school ( she out-evils Season 2 Spike) I lost track of the world of Spuffy fan fiction, but now have some time and have been getting back into it.

I am desperately searching for a fic I read donkey's yonks ago, but I can't find it on fanfiction.net and have no idea what it's called or where to hunt it down! I've come here in the hope that one of the wonderful dedicated fans on this forum will be able to help me.

In the fic I'm searching for, Spike ends up so traumatised ( I think he may have been in Hell?) that when he comes back he can no longer speak. Buffy and Angel try to help him, and eventually figure out that he hasn't been able to learn to speak again because in his trauma he's forgotten to breathe, so hasn't been using any air in his attempts to speak.

Ringing any bells? If anyone can help me I would appreciate it so much!

Cheers,

Neej

Rihannon
27-08-14, 07:48 PM
Well, there is "Unspoken", by Anaross. I don't remember the details, and I don't think the reason why Spike couldn't speak was lack of breath... But not sure. This is a beautiful fic and really, I will go read it again as soon as I can:xd If this is not the fic you're looking for, you should try and read it, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I found that someone asked a similar question in The Spuffy Realm. If it was you, please ignore it! If it wasn't you, it may be useful! Here it is the link!
http://spikeluver.com/Forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&topic=5159

Good luck!

Neejchee
28-08-14, 01:33 AM
It wasn't, so I'll have a look. Thanks for the response! :)

- - - Updated - - -

That link was perfect, it was The Other Side of Midnight that I was after I think, which was suggested there, so thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hrrm, now that I'm looking at it, that's not the one I was hoping for, but I'm still loving the suggestions anyway!