PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie in Bristol, England!

Sunshine Superman
20-06-12, 09:22 PM
Just to say hello and introduce myself, your friendly neighbourhood superhero from the united kingdom, fighting crime when the weather's fine, your one and only Sunshine Superman!

I love Buffy and Angel. Got the slimline dvd box sets earlier in the year and gave the oldstyle box sets to my middle brother who wanted to get into the buffyverse but hadn't seen the shows before. Does he have a treat in store or what?

Favourite episodes: no surprises here. Once More With Feeling, and the trilogy of consecutive Angel episodes that begin with Smile Time.

I love the Lost Slayer book trilogy. Anyone recommend any more Buffy or Angel books, do feel free to do so.

What else do I like? Babylon 5, The X Files. Currently working my way through the box sets of Roswell and Point Pleasant.

Last book I read? Fever Of The Bone, by Val McDermid. Favourite living author? Robert Goddard, one of the world's best kept secrets. To read his fiction is to adore it. Best are Past Caring and Caught in the Light.

Last CD I bought? Tom Jones' Spirit In The Room CD album.

that's all for now. More revelations to follow!

Ehlwyen
20-06-12, 10:03 PM
Welcome to Buffyforums! :wave:

That is so awesome of you to pass your box sets onto your brother! You are definitely on your way to being crowned best sibling of the year! :2party:

I just watched Roswell last summer! Was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I hope you are as well. And x-files is on my list to marathon, Ive watched a lot over the years but never all and in order. :D

If you have any questions, just ask in here or send me a PM. Also be sure to check out the FAQ and Rules and Posting Guidelines located at the top od each section.

I hope you have fun and look forward to seeing you around! :2party:

Sunshine Superman
20-06-12, 11:23 PM
Thanks so much for that nice welcoming response, means a lot. :hug: This looks like a great forum and I wish I had discovered it sooner.

Here in Britain we have Angel on the Horror Channel, and Buffy - in very cut and censored episodes that Joss would not approve of - on the SyFy Channel so I'm glad I have the uncut episodes on DVD.

Roswell is good. I'm about half way through series two. Point Pleasant only had thirteen episodes before being cancelled and I've only four left to watch so I'm resisting those as long as I can because I don't want it to be over. Shame.

Thanks again for your good wishes. :bounce:

_Buffy_
22-06-12, 11:35 PM
Thanks so much for that nice welcoming response, means a lot. :hug: This looks like a great forum and I wish I had discovered it sooner.

Here in Britain we have Angel on the Horror Channel, and Buffy - in very cut and censored episodes that Joss would not approve of - on the SyFy Channel so I'm glad I have the uncut episodes on DVD.

Roswell is good. I'm about half way through series two. Point Pleasant only had thirteen episodes before being cancelled and I've only four left to watch so I'm resisting those as long as I can because I don't want it to be over. Shame.

Thanks again for your good wishes. :bounce:

Hi, there ! :)

A long time ago I watched Point Pleasant with Elizabeth Harnoise. I liked it so much. It is sad that there wasn't second season.

And you are wellcome here ! :2party: I know that there are much more active Buffyforums , but anyway, I feel this one like home. :)

Llywela
23-06-12, 08:49 AM
Hello, welcome to BuffyForums - I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun posting around the forum :)

Sunshine Superman
23-06-12, 12:43 PM
Hello, welcome to BuffyForums - I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun posting around the forum :)

Thank you for the thought, but actually I'm not. I feel like a gatecrasher at a private party where everyone has known earch other for years and is only anxious to continue their discussions/friendships without making any new ones. Occasionally someone will give a nod in my direction and then go back to whatever they were doing.

I'm feeling uncomfortable and awkward here and not sure about staying.

Francy
23-06-12, 01:03 PM
Thank you for the thought, but actually I'm not. I feel like a gatecrasher at a private party where everyone has known earch other for years and is only anxious to continue their discussions/friendships without making any new ones. Occasionally someone will give a nod in my direction and then go back to whatever they were doing.

It's a normal feeling at the beginning, everyone joining a new forum struggles a bit at first (I did too!) but then with posting and engaging and getting to know the other members and making yourself known by them, it becomes easier and easier to become part of the community!! Don't give up, it just takes some time and a little perseverance!! ;)

Welcome, we are always happy to have new blood here, it means the board is still alive and kicking! :)

Llywela
23-06-12, 02:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. ;confused: Some of the posters in the Buffy section, in particular, can get a little intense in their debates. And some of the other sections are not so active. But the only way to establish yourself in any new community is by talking to people and engaging with them, as Francy said. It is always hard at first, I know that from my own experience, but over time you get to know people, they get to know you, and before you know it you are part of the community and suddenly you are the one so passionate about the conversation you're in the middle of that you barely even notice the timid little newbie waving a hand over in the corner. ;)

I'm just across the Bristol Channel from you, in South Wales, so will send a friendly wave in your direction. :)

Groge
24-06-12, 01:48 AM
Welcome! I've just joined too so nice to see I'm not alone!

Sunshine Superman
05-08-12, 08:54 PM
It's a normal feeling at the beginning, everyone joining a new forum struggles a bit at first (I did too!) but then with posting and engaging and getting to know the other members and making yourself known by them, it becomes easier and easier to become part of the community!! Don't give up, it just takes some time and a little perseverance!! ;)

Don't think so. Started a thread in the Buffy section earlier today with a good deal of trepidation - alright, terror - and got slapped down pretty sharpish by a veteran in a not very friendly manner. :cutecry:

Ahm Shere
06-08-12, 12:54 AM
Hey there, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Believe me, this is the friendliest forum I have ever known. I may not post as much anymore, but I always come on here just to look through threads to keep up with what is happening. Seriously, once you fall into this forum, you're here for life. It's such a friendly community and it feels like my internet family. I'm sure may more members will agree with me. :)

Keep posting and you will soon find out what I mean.

Happy posting! :)

Sunshine Superman
06-08-12, 10:22 PM
Hey there, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Believe me, this is the friendliest forum I have ever known. I may not post as much anymore, but I always come on here just to look through threads to keep up with what is happening. Seriously, once you fall into this forum, you're here for life. It's such a friendly community and it feels like my internet family. I'm sure may more members will agree with me. :)

Keep posting and you will soon find out what I mean.

Happy posting! :)

Friendly? I don't think so. I really, REALLY don't think so. Here in the welcome section perhaps, but out on the rest of the forum, no. :down::cutecry:

Sky
07-08-12, 07:49 AM
Friendly? I don't think so. I really, REALLY don't think so. Here in the welcome section perhaps, but out on the rest of the forum, no. :down::cutecry:

I am sorry you feel this way, but this is simple not true. People disagreeing with your opinion/s, does not mean they are not friendly to you. They just have different opinion/s then you. I have seen/read your post/s, and your discussion/s with other members. And nowhere have I seen people insulting you etc, or posting something personally to you. No have I seen people insulting your post/s or your opinion/s. All I have seen is people disagreeing with you. People simple have different view on certain things. You can have a discussion with member/s here and disagree with them and still be their friend (via vm/pm, etc). As is with some members here on this site. :)

Sunshine Superman
07-08-12, 11:27 PM
Then I'd better quit then. Bye.

Sky
08-08-12, 05:26 AM
Then I'd better quit then. Bye.

So you are quitting because not everyone thinks the same as you, and agrees with you? :s This is internet where ever you go, there will always be people who will disagree with you and your views/opinion/s on certain topics.