PDA

View Full Version : Long time Buffy fan – new here

Trow
17-01-12, 07:21 AM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer was one of the shows I watched religiously when it originally aired in Germany.
I bought all the DVDs right when they came out. Buffy was actually the first show ever I bought on any medium. But never got around to even watch the DVDs once until a few month ago.
When I came to the US I caught a some episodes during reruns on FX but had somehow lost interest – it was probably still too fresh then and my interest had shifted back to science fiction.

Anyway, in September Sarah’s new show Ringer came on and I couldn’t help but to check it out.
Well, Ringer isn’t Buffy but it’s still good to see her back on TV and I will continue to follow it.
And it inspired me to finally get it on and do a full BtVS rewatch – and see it for the first time beginning to end in English. It took me two weeks to get through all 7 seasons.
I had totally forgotten how awesome this show was! It’s actually so much better than I remembered it from its original run. That might be because I originally watched it in German and to be honest, the German dubbing is horrible compared to the original English, or because the arcs are so much more intense without days or weeks between episodes. Anyhow, Buffy is clearly my favorite TV show. Seasons 5 and 6 alone put it right up on top of my best show ever list.

Over the holydays, I finished a second full Buffy rewatch, this time in conjunction with Angel. And while Angel is good too I clearly prefer Buffy.

Francy
17-01-12, 04:59 PM
Hi and wilkommen! :D

It's always great to have new people joining! Have fun posting around Buffyforums!! :)

TimeTravellingBunny
17-01-12, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forum! I agree with you, Angel is good but Buffy is better, one of the best shows of all time. Seasons 5 and 6 are also my favorites, though I also really love season 2. But I think all of seasons are pretty good, even season 1 is better than I remembered it. I'm doing my own rewatch and I've just started season 3.

Dubbing is an awful practice in general - it's changing the original work - it's almost as if they took the script and shot it with other actors!

Touchofgrey
01-02-12, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the forum, yeah i agree it's always nice to see some new people here, I love Buffy it's such an awesome show i am glad i have fallen in love with it when i did, because i wouldn't have loved it as much as i do now!