PDA

View Full Version : 1.04 "It's Gonna Kill Me, But I'll Do It"

TaoOfLuxLisbon
05-10-11, 03:58 AM
Oh man, it took four episodes, but finally business is picking up!

Loved the final scene between Bridget and Jemma. Good hard hitting primetime soap action!

BloodyHell
05-10-11, 04:02 AM
Guahahahah...oh this show is hilarious. More soapish than anything I have seen on primetime!!

I am NOT looking forward to Andrew finding out. Obviously it'll put any relationship they may have on major hold. I couldn't believe how much Henry kept blabbing about him and Bridget. Obviously someone was going to hear! Grr...

Cori
05-10-11, 08:28 PM
Holy crap! :eek: I definitely did not see that one coming! :shocked2: I cannot believe Bridget told Jemma! She couldn't really keep up the ruse for that long, could she? ;)

I agree, BloodyHell, I was also cursing Henry when he kept going on and on about their love and with the door open no less! :rolleyes: I'm also a bit sad about Andrew finding out, I liked what he and Bridet had going. But hey, maybe Jemma will change her mind now that she knows the truth about Bridget. And I really truly hope that the FBI agent had left the house by then and didn't hear Bridget's outburst. :afraid:

I gotta say I enjoyed the flashbacks, when the twins were little girls and the story of the necklace and how it was carried on later on in their life. It was also nice to see that Shiobhan and Henry didn't just have a sleazy affair only based on sex but there was some genuine emotions there, it made both characters a bit more likeable IMO.

But man what a cliffhanger to end the episode with! :D

davebuffster
05-10-11, 10:11 PM
Holy crap! :eek: I definitely did not see that one coming! :shocked2: I cannot believe Bridget told Jemma! She couldn't really keep up the ruse for that long, could she? ;)

I agree, BloodyHell, I was also cursing Henry when he kept going on and on about their love and with the door open no less! :rolleyes: I'm also a bit sad about Andrew finding out, I liked what he and Bridet had going. But hey, maybe Jemma will change her mind now that she knows the truth about Bridget. And I really truly hope that the FBI agent had left the house by then and didn't hear Bridget's outburst. :afraid:

I gotta say I enjoyed the flashbacks, when the twins were little girls and the story of the necklace and how it was carried on later on in their life. It was also nice to see that Shiobhan and Henry didn't just have a sleazy affair only based on sex but there was some genuine emotions there, it made both characters a bit more likeable IMO.

But man what a cliffhanger to end the episode with! :D

In hindsight, I think it was obvious that was going to happen! The only reason Gemma suddenly found about Bridget was so she could meet her at the end, pure genius set-up writing! I didn't see it coming either though! :D

As far as the episode goes, it's slowly and gradually building up all the tension on Bridget. I'm really glad Gemma found out who her hubby had been cheating with as that was starting to annoy me and I thought they were going to string out at least to the end of the series!

Liked the necklace theme and the scenes between the two sisters seem more natural now than they had at the beginning. I like the fact they end the episode on some kind of revelation or hook to keep us coming back each week. The pace may be slow but it's interesting all the same! :)

Obsessed
05-10-11, 10:55 PM
Curious- the guy who told Siobhan she owed money for the hotel was that planned on her part?

holypotatoes
05-10-11, 11:12 PM
Okay, can I say how utterly disappointed I am with their writing for Siobhan?! Do they not understand that you're supposed to show the bitchy, mean, vindictive side of the character for a while before you start showing signs that they have a heart and have some redeeming qualities, or a reasonable explanation for their behavior??? It's annoying the hell out of me. I was promised Kathryn from Cruel Intentions and yet all we've gotten is another Bridget, and frankly for me, one Bridget is enough. Not a fan, sorry. Yeah they showed a whole 10 seconds of Siobhan being slightly evil at the very end but that doesn't erase the fact that they spent the entire hour making it seem like Siobhan basically has the same damn personality as Bridget and that we should feel sorry for her. Just no! If they were going to show the softer side of Siobhan, you intersperse flashbacks of her and Henry (for instance) in the midst of her being a total bitca. To at least make you wonder how she's gone from being loving and caring to this vindictive, evil bitch.

Don't get me wrong, the show's getting better and I am enjoying it, but I'm not seeing much difference between the twins and it's quite obnoxious. Especially considering we got one episode of bitchiness from Siobhan and then the next we're getting her crying looking at the pregnancy stick. That's not how this is supposed to work dammit!!! Kathryn from CI wasn't a rootable character until the end when Sebastian was acting all pretentious and better than her even though he was just as sick and twisted, probably even more so. Then it was like 'he deserves everything that's coming to him; kick his ass!" Ringer is not doing this correctly at all.

Curious- the guy who told Siobhan she owed money for the hotel was that planned on her part?
Yes, because he's working for Andrew's company. And now that she's out of money, why not sponge it off her own husband without him knowing. :evil:

Ehlwyen
06-10-11, 11:35 PM
Okay, can I say how utterly disappointed I am with their writing for Siobhan?! Do they not understand that you're supposed to show the bitchy, mean, vindictive side of the character for a while before you start showing signs that they have a heart and have some redeeming qualities, or a reasonable explanation for their behavior??? It's annoying the hell out of me. I was promised Kathryn from Cruel Intentions and yet all we've gotten is another Bridget, and frankly for me, one Bridget is enough. Not a fan, sorry. Yeah they showed a whole 10 seconds of Siobhan being slightly evil at the very end but that doesn't erase the fact that they spent the entire hour making it seem like Siobhan basically has the same damn personality as Bridget and that we should feel sorry for her. Just no! If they were going to show the softer side of Siobhan, you intersperse flashbacks of her and Henry (for instance) in the midst of her being a total bitca. To at least make you wonder how she's gone from being loving and caring to this vindictive, evil bitch.

Don't get me wrong, the show's getting better and I am enjoying it, but I'm not seeing much difference between the twins and it's quite obnoxious. Especially considering we got one episode of bitchiness from Siobhan and then the next we're getting her crying looking at the pregnancy stick. That's not how this is supposed to work dammit!!! Kathryn from CI wasn't a rootable character until the end when Sebastian was acting all pretentious and better than her even though he was just as sick and twisted, probably even more so. Then it was like 'he deserves everything that's coming to him; kick his ass!" Ringer is not doing this correctly at all.
I wholeheartedly agree! I want Siobhan to be a cruel mastermind! And making her have the same sentimental character as Bridget so early in the show dilutes both characters. Plus whats the point of having SMG play two roles if they are essentially the same role?

Yes, because he's working for Andrew's company. And now that she's out of money, why not sponge it off her own husband without him knowing. :evil:

I hope that Siobhan's plan is more than just sponging off her husband because she Bridget took her money. And who is her accomplice that she keeps talking to on the phne? I'm wondering if the money Bridget took was supposed to pay for an abortion? And why was there a hit on Sioban in the first episode. I need more answers!

holypotatoes
07-10-11, 12:18 AM
I wholeheartedly agree! I want Siobhan to be a cruel mastermind! And making her have the same sentimental character as Bridget so early in the show dilutes both characters. Plus whats the point of having SMG play two roles if they are essentially the same role?
There really isn't a point in having two roles if they're virtually the same, that's the problem.

I hope that Siobhan's plan is more than just sponging off her husband because she Bridget took her money. And who is her accomplice that she keeps talking to on the phne? I'm wondering if the money Bridget took was supposed to pay for an abortion? And why was there a hit on Sioban in the first episode. I need more answers!
She's obviously talking to her henchmen Lyn. :fryingpan: I don't get how you and Bre don't understand this. :p I surely don't think Siobhan was going to have an abortion. Not with her crying staring at the stupid pregnancy test calling Henry. Maybe Henry and Siobhan were going to run off to Paris together or something. Maybe Henry is Siobhan's "henchman." That may be the only thing to make his character more interesting. :blink: 'Cuz right now he's like watching paint dry. No1currrr buddy. :nono:

_Buffy_
07-10-11, 06:58 AM
Maybe Henry and Siobhan were going to run off to Paris together or something. Maybe Henry is Siobhan's "henchman." That may be the only thing to make his character more interesting. :blink: 'Cuz right now he's like watching paint dry. No1currrr buddy. :nono:

IMO it can`t be Henry. When she calls him because of the pregnancy , she doesn`t said nothing. She just listen his voice. And he don`t has an idea taht she was the one , who calling him.

I`m curious too if the cop was still in house and hears the conversation between Bridget and Gemma.:D

FaithRoxx
07-10-11, 11:36 PM
He may have been! And yeah, Henry is a dull character. But way to go Gemma :D She`s awesome when she`s angry.

Her henchman? Maybe it`s the guy who Bridget was gonna testify against! That would be cool, I thinks :D

buffyholic
08-10-11, 11:39 AM
I liked this episode a lot and this gets better and better. Although I admit that this sounds like a soap opera, itīs super addictive and fun. This may be my guilty pleasure!:)

About the ep, I liked the flashbacks and the necklace story. Iīm glad Bridget told someone because I donīt know for how long she can keep this up and Agent Machado is also on her case.
But I also like what she and Andrew have going on and btw, I love him! He is hot and sensitive!

I canīt wait to see what will happen next!

Osiris1803
11-10-11, 01:36 PM
Oh my I thought I was going to have a heart attack at the beginning of the episode! lollll I was hoping it was a dream too.

I think Sarah looks amazing tens years on, she's aged very well. I can only hope the same for me :P

This episode is much much better, I hope the ratings get better...