PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ceremony Hootenanny!!!

slaycandy
23-06-11, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the AFA Awards Ceremony 2011!!!!

The event will be kicking off here on this forum in less than 24 hours time now! :2party:

I know it's been a long wait, but we're here now and it's almost time to see those shiny awards and find out who our winners are!!!

This little thread is for the pre-ceremony fun, and for those who can't make it to check in and say a little hi and 'have fun' to those who will be here!

Sooooooo....... how about those AFA outfits? Are they sitting in your closets somewhere getting dusty from the delays, or will you making a last minute dash to PS to grab one?

*huggles!*
SJ
xox

HERE WE GO............

Pandora's_Box
23-06-11, 10:00 PM
Oh, I'm so excited to see an actual date for this event, and tomorrow nonetheless!!

I'm gonna run into my closet right now!!!

debbiefm
23-06-11, 10:08 PM
Yipee!:2party: Off we go, seriously trying to get out of the shindig I've got to go to tomorrow night.........I feel a wee sickie coming : goes off to dust down her outfit:

slaycandy
23-06-11, 10:15 PM
Yay, go Debbie, you know you can do it!!!!!

slaycandy
23-06-11, 10:16 PM
Oh, I'm so excited to see an actual date for this event, and tomorrow nonetheless!!

I'm gonna run into my closet right now!!!

Can't wait to see what outfit you've got prepared, :D *grins* :xd

debbiefm
23-06-11, 10:18 PM
Yay, go Debbie, you know you can do it!!!!!

You better believe it, although if I don't go it means I have to abandon the hubby and leave him downstairs.........you know what **** him.:xd

Heather
23-06-11, 10:34 PM
Sooooooo....... how about those AFA outfits? Are they sitting in your closets somewhere getting dusty from the delays, or will you making a last minute dash to PS to grab one?

OY! I've been struggling to put together some outfits for the AFA's since January and NOTHING has been working! I really need to get a move on! I feel so...unprepared. :p BUT I WILL HAVE SOMETHING! Or else I'll make the ultimate fashion statement and arrive naked.

No matter what, heads WILL turn...

:xd

slaycandy
23-06-11, 10:35 PM
LOL! Besides, vows should include "in sickness, health, and fanart needs!" :P

slaycandy
23-06-11, 10:36 PM
OY! I've been struggling to put together some outfits for the AFA's since January and NOTHING has been working! I really need to get a move on! I feel so...unprepared. :p BUT I WILL HAVE SOMETHING! Or else I'll make the ultimate fashion statement and arrive naked.

:O
YAY! Can't wait to see what you pick, :D

slaycandy
23-06-11, 10:37 PM
Okay I don't think I have had an afa break in the past ... umm... week? Wow, that's bad! SO I'm going to go watch some West Wing and eat then come back and work on my announcement posts mwahahaha!!!

SJ
x

Ehlwyen
23-06-11, 10:43 PM
Woooohoooooooooo! So excited we've got a date and I only have to wait until tomorrow!!! :2party::celebration: :3party:

I have yet to make an afa banner, I always wait until the day of, pretty much like in real life I can't decide what to wear until right before! :lol:

Bre
23-06-11, 11:04 PM
EXCITED THAT THE DATE IS SET AND WE'LL GET TO SEE THE PRETTIES AND PARTY! *deep breath* That being said, I kind of planned some stuff tomorrow but I'll be in afterwards!!!! :D

Cripes! I need to make a "dress!"

Edit: I'm a foolish fool - I didn't even check to see what TIME it starts! I'll be at work. :lol: But I'll be near a computer - just probably not on it since we'll have a client in - but I'll pop in. Never say I don't do things because I'm blonde. Dirty blonde, whatever. :p

Kiera
23-06-11, 11:07 PM
I can't believe it's actually happening :D To be honest, I'm really glad everything worked out for you SJ, with your friend and all and even more about the AFAs... and after all the junk that's happened this week, I am in desperate need for AFAness :hug:

Jenni Lou
23-06-11, 11:19 PM
I'm on ep 2x05 of The West Wing. SJ! Of course, I haven't watched an ep in like a month. :doh:

I hope everyone has a great time! Really wish I could be there! I know a few of you will be around when I get back home but it's not really the same. No need to bother with an outfit. Just gonna wear my pajamas, aka what I am wearing now. :xd

ETA: Cause yeah, I will be home about 8 hours after the red carpet begins. :( In other words, I'll miss the whole damn thing. Oh well! Here's to next year! :drinking:

Firecracker
23-06-11, 11:29 PM
great news!!! it's my first time entering the afa so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. I have an early start saturday but will try and stay around as long as I can. :hug:

I have to ask, about the banner/outfits... can anyone show me an example of what one should look like ( 'cause like real life I worry about wearing the wrong thing. :lol: )

Pandora's_Box
23-06-11, 11:52 PM
Okay, I picked two outfits, I'm gonna let this one run until tomorrow night I guess! I'm off to bed! See you tomorrow!!
(It's really like christmas...I CAN'T WAIT!!!)

BlasterBoy
23-06-11, 11:53 PM
Oh man I am SO excited for this! :2party: :happydance: But I need to make an outfit for myself...hmm....I should get on that tonight :lol:

Jenni Lou
23-06-11, 11:55 PM
I have to ask, about the banner/outfits... can anyone show me an example of what one should look like ( 'cause like real life I worry about wearing the wrong thing. :lol: )

whatever you want! some people choose their fave celeb and use pics of them in fancy dresses and whatnot. I mean, last year, I used Robin Sparkles from How I Met Your Mother! :p

It's just something made especially for the AFAs. Many of us put some text on their about the AFAs too. Trust me, wear what you want!

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 12:54 AM
Yipee!:2party: Off we go, seriously trying to get out of the shindig I've got to go to tomorrow night.........I feel a wee sickie coming : goes off to dust down her outfit:

I hope you can wiggle out of the obligation and make it into the party for some of it at least! :hug:

I hope you come on something extremely decadent, maybe a little Sophie Anne?! ;)

EXCITED THAT THE DATE IS SET AND WE'LL GET TO SEE THE PRETTIES AND PARTY! *deep breath* That being said, I kind of planned some stuff tomorrow but I'll be in afterwards!!!! :D

Cripes! I need to make a "dress!"

Edit: I'm a foolish fool - I didn't even check to see what TIME it starts! I'll be at work. :lol: But I'll be near a computer - just probably not on it since we'll have a client in - but I'll pop in. Never say I don't do things because I'm blonde. Dirty blonde, whatever. :p

Hopefully being Friday the afternoon won't to be busy and the client wont take too long. :hug: Hey, us dirty blondes rule! :D

great news!!! it's my first time entering the afa so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. I have an early start saturday but will try and stay around as long as I can. :hug:

Oh there is nothing you can wear that is wrong! If it helps, ifound the link (http://left-unspoken.net/awards/ceremony08.php?redc) at the AFA page where SJ kept some of our party outfits.

I can't believe it's actually happening :D To be honest, I'm really glad everything worked out for you SJ, with your friend and all and even more about the AFAs... and after all the junk that's happened this week, I am in desperate need for AFAness :hug:

I agree, I am so glad everything worked out for SJs friend! And you definitely need some AFA distraction now! :heart:

Oh man I am SO excited for this! :2party: :happydance: But I need to make an outfit for myself...hmm....I should get on that tonight :lol:

YAY! So glad you can make it! :2party:

Okay, I picked two outfits, I'm gonna let this one run until tomorrow night I guess! I'm off to bed! See you tomorrow!!

Lol! It is like Christmas! I am so excited, I don't know how I will make it to sleep tonight with all the anticipation!

You are far too prepared, you make me look bad! :roll:

slaycandy
24-06-11, 01:20 AM
I'm baaaaack! I'm working on all the post announcement stuff and something just occurred to me.... in previous years I have always started with 1st place and worked my way down the list...... do you guys like this or would you prefer I start with the runners up and work my way up to 1st place? I'm NOT doing another poll lol, just curious!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 01:31 AM
I'm on ep 2x05 of The West Wing. SJ! Of course, I haven't watched an ep in like a month. :doh:

I hope everyone has a great time! Really wish I could be there! I know a few of you will be around when I get back home but it's not really the same. No need to bother with an outfit. Just gonna wear my pajamas, aka what I am wearing now. :xd

ETA: Cause yeah, I will be home about 8 hours after the red carpet begins. :( In other words, I'll miss the whole damn thing. Oh well! Here's to next year! :drinking:

I've just started season 4! I got hooked on it last summer and watched seasons 1-2 really quickly (I'd borrowed a friend's DVDs) and then bought the full s1-7 box set thing, but life happened and lots of new TV series etc, and I completely forgot about it. I just started watching again recently and am onto s4 now, :D Can't believe I forgot about it, I feel ashamed.

slaycandy
24-06-11, 01:32 AM

Aww AFA dresses already! I'm excited now!
:2party:

Kiera
24-06-11, 01:32 AM
Methinks SJ's all poll happy :lol:

...and wala! Outfit de AFAs :2party:

Jenni Lou
24-06-11, 01:46 AM
I've just started season 4! I got hooked on it last summer and watched seasons 1-2 really quickly (I'd borrowed a friend's DVDs) and then bought the full s1-7 box set thing, but life happened and lots of new TV series etc, and I completely forgot about it. I just started watching again recently and am onto s4 now, :D Can't believe I forgot about it, I feel ashamed.

It's really good but I have to be ina certain mindset to watch, which is unfortunate. Cause I haven't felt like watching lately. Just finished all 4 seasons of Greek and am now on season 2 of Breaking Bad. :D

As for the 1st place first...doesn't bother me what way you do it. I like to look at them all anyway so the order is of no consequence. :)

Kiera
24-06-11, 01:50 AM
Same here. I probably wouldn't know the difference anyway, not being here in past years ;)

However, judging by the times in the email I got, it looks like I'm gonna miss a good bit of the ceremony. It starts at 2p, US time right? Brain's not wanting to convert military time. I don't get off work til 6 though :(

slaycandy
24-06-11, 01:51 AM
Methinks SJ's all poll happy :lol:

...and wala! Outfit de AFAs :2party:

Yay, more AFA outfits!!!!
Moi? Poll happy... nooooo methinks not, ;)

slaycandy
24-06-11, 02:13 AM
I converted the times from UK time so am not sure if that is correct or not! But the States are a good few hours behind the UK so it will be in the afternoon for you, :(

Just come online while you're at work!!!!! :P No one will notice!

Kiera
24-06-11, 03:08 AM
I converted the times from UK time so am not sure if that is correct or not! But the States are a good few hours behind the UK so it will be in the afternoon for you, :(

Just come online while you're at work!!!!! :P No one will notice!

If only that were true :/ We have this big biker ralley going on and I'm lucky I'm even allowed near the computers, let alone on them :rolleye: I'll keep my computer on and get on the minute I come home though :D

slaycandy
24-06-11, 03:13 AM
Aww *pats* It's okay, I'm sure the party will continue on loooong into the night and I fully intend on staying up to greet latecomers to the party! :P

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 03:14 AM
You look great Kiera! I love that font you did "rock out" in. I think the thing starts at 3pm Eastern. I'm a bit confuzzled myself. I'm trying to decide if I should try to go tbed early and get things done early tomorrow morning. Or stay up late and finish my outfit.

Such tough decisions! :lol:

little albatross
24-06-11, 03:40 AM
OMG ALMOST AFA TIME FOR REALZ! What an exciting occasion!

But If I can't get my laptop charger working by tomorrow, I won't be able to play the whole time because I can't stay on my aunt's desktop all day :(

BUT IN ANY CASE, YAY AFAS. :1party::2party::3party:

holypotatoes
24-06-11, 03:41 AM
Very excited to finally get the chance to wear both of the outfits I've had sitting in my closet for the past few months! :boff: I got one for the actual ceremony, and one for the after party. http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff299/holypotatoes_photos/Smilies/bananadance.gif

Bre
24-06-11, 03:43 AM
OMG KIERA! I love your outfit, that is sexy as heck. I need to make one now! *runs off*

The ceremony is starting at 1 p.m. for me in CO I think... I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. :lol: I need one of those giant maps so I can just click and it will tell me. I don't compute!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 03:54 AM
Just done some statistics......this year between categories 1-28 (i.e. NOT including best artist or best wallpaper) there will be: 497 AWARDS to be given out, *jaw drops*

If you include Best artist and Best wall that takes us to...555 AWARDS TOTAL

Gees what a number to land on! 555... at least it wasn't 666 :err:

Jenni Lou
24-06-11, 04:06 AM
That is an insane amount of awards. Guess it makes sense given the number of categories though! :p

Jenni Lou
24-06-11, 04:08 AM
Just had a thought. Can rep 10 people per day. Tomorrow night--if I remember!--I'm giving out rep to my own picks for Top 10 artist. :celebration:

Bre
24-06-11, 04:16 AM
Just done some statistics......this year between categories 1-28 (i.e. NOT including best artist or best wallpaper) there will be: 497 AWARDS to be given out, *jaw drops*

Gees what a number to land on! 555... at least it wasn't 666 :err:

Holy frijole!! That's kind of spectacular!

Just had a thought. Can rep 10 people per day. Tomorrow night--if I remember!--I'm giving out rep to my own picks for Top 10 artist. :celebration:

That's an awesome idea!! :roll: Especially coming from thee. (See how I'm buttering you up there... see that? :p )

holypotatoes
24-06-11, 04:53 AM
All I can think of seeing that number is "OMG bandwidth :eek: " :blink: I've been online too long.

That's an awesome idea!! :roll: Especially coming from thee. (See how I'm buttering you up there... see that? :p )
Bre you got a little something on your nose... yup, right there. You got it. :p

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 05:19 AM
Yikes! That's a lot of awards! I was guessing like 450 before adding in the best artist/wall awards. I had forgotten how many categories had 20 placements! :shocked2:

Heather
24-06-11, 05:59 AM

I will eagerly await my rep points from you or else you will never see your favorite stuffed teddybear again.

:D J PLAY! :D

I've already slit your teddybear's throat and fed him to my dogs. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN.

I'm sorry. I'm tired and hating Photoshop. I will have the lamest outfit for tomorrow, I'm sure, but whatever. I WILL HAVE FUN ANYWAY! I might try something now just to see if I can make something work but, if not, then I'll throw something together before the event.

It starts at 3pm EST, right? The red carpet? And the actual even will start....at 5pm EST?

Amber
24-06-11, 06:06 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Just got home from work!! Got a beer in my hand and a dog in my lap! I will be able to make it to the pre-party tomorrow, and then I have to work but I will be sneaking off during work and checking in on my phone :eviltail: brb making an outfit!

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 06:06 AM
I will eagerly await my rep points from you or else you will never see your favorite stuffed teddybear again.

:D J PLAY! :D

I've already slit your teddybear's throat and fed him to my dogs. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN.

OMG!!! That is like the sickest most twisted thing EVER. :eek: :err: :hide: Move over PETA, I'm starting one for ethical treatment for stuffed animals!!! *huggles all her stuffed animals quivering in their furry boots!!*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry. I'm tired and hating Photoshop. I will have the lamest outfit for tomorrow, I'm sure, but whatever. I WILL HAVE FUN ANYWAY! I might try something now just to see if I can make something work but, if not, then I'll throw something together before the event.

It starts at 3pm EST, right? The red carpet? And the actual even will start....at 5pm EST?

AAaaagh. I have the same problems TOOOOOO! :sadwalk: I'm going to bed and hopefully things will make sense and be magically done in the morning! :xd

Amber
24-06-11, 06:16 AM
LYNNNNNNNN, SUP HOT MAMA?? wanna be my date? Don't tell Joe, Line Bine, Dana, Travis, Destiny, or Kiera. they'll get jealous. :err:

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 06:30 AM
LYNNNNNNNN, SUP HOT MAMA?? wanna be my date? Don't tell Joe, Line Bine, Dana, Travis, Destiny, or Kiera. they'll get jealous. :err:

I thought you'd never ask! :kiss: :heart: It'll be our little secret! :roll:But this doesn't solve our problem of nothing to wear!!!

I'm so glad you're making it to the preparty at least! :hug: When do you go into work? And do you usually work so late? :sadwalk:

Amber
24-06-11, 06:56 AM
I thought you'd never ask! :kiss: :heart: It'll be our little secret! :roll:But this doesn't solve our problem of nothing to wear!!!

I'm so glad you're making it to the preparty at least! :hug: When do you go into work? And do you usually work so late? :sadwalk:

I leave for work at like 3:20 so I will be here for about 20 mins at the beginning, and I will be home around 10 or 11 depends on when we get finished at work. so yeah unless the afterparty goes on well into the night I will miss most of it. I will check in from my phone at work though. I'll just take extended bathroom breaks lol. They can think I have a poop problem, I'm okay with that :roll:

Amber
24-06-11, 06:59 AM
The Where's Joe? icon has expanded quite a bit this year as you can see :lol:

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 07:02 AM

It has!!! I love what you've done to honor everyone! It's a shame so many of you seem to work evenings! *pout*

Ehlwyen
24-06-11, 07:06 AM
I leave for work at like 3:20 so I will be here for about 20 mins at the beginning, and I will be home around 10 or 11 depends on when we get finished at work. so yeah unless the afterparty goes on well into the night I will miss most of it. I will check in from my phone at work though. I'll just take extended bathroom breaks lol. They can think I have a poop problem, I'm okay with that :roll:

LMAO, I was going to suggest that to Bre as a way to get out of dictating for her boss!

That timing sucks so much! I'll be here at least that late to greet you! :D

Amber
24-06-11, 07:12 AM
It has!!! I love what you've done to honor everyone! It's a shame so many of you seem to work evenings! *pout*

I know right? What a buncha jerks. Makin me work *grumble grumble* I would call off but my job requires a doctor's note to call off sick *more grumbling*

Heather
24-06-11, 07:13 AM
I HAVE MY FIRST BANNER MADE! It's a Lady Gaga one and I love it except for the fugly text but I don't care about that part because I can NEVER do text so I just do the very basics and BAM! Yeah. Now I wanna make two more banners: a date banner (featuring at least two actors who will be my dates for the red carpet and at least a part of a ceremony, I'm sure) and an evening gown (for the actual ceremony and I dunno who will be on it). I MIGHT try to squeeze a party dress out of my muse but I can't make no promises.

PS: YEAH, BE AFRAID, EHLWYEN! BE AFRAID OF MY VICIOUS RAMPAGE AGAINST ALL STUFFED ANIMALS! NOTHING IS SAFE!

Heather
24-06-11, 07:14 AM
I know right? What a buncha jerks. Makin me work *grumble grumble* I would call off but my job requires a doctor's note to call off sick *more grumbling*

Will you miss the whole thing? I feel like this is a ridiculously STOOPID question since I'm 99% sure you already answered it but I'm going to bed in a couple minutes so I require that you repeat yourself instead of making me look for your answer which I'm 99% sure is "yes." :(

PS: you've already got the best icon of the day/night.

Amber
24-06-11, 07:39 AM
Will you miss the whole thing? I feel like this is a ridiculously STOOPID question since I'm 99% sure you already answered it but I'm going to bed in a couple minutes so I require that you repeat yourself instead of making me look for your answer which I'm 99% sure is "yes." :(

PS: you've already got the best icon of the day/night.

I'll miss most of it :( I'll be popping in from time to time while I'm at work. I always have way too much fun with you at AFA so I will come ina nd cause some trouble with you when I can :)

bahaha, the where's joe? icon had become such a staple of the ceremony the last 4 years I figured it needed to be fleshed out a bit :D

little albatross
24-06-11, 07:46 AM

I think I just wept at its beauty.

Amber
24-06-11, 07:54 AM

Take my sleeve, you can blow your nose on it. It's okay really, I've got another one on the other arm.

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 08:12 AM
Don't we all look pretty in our AFA formal outfits!!!!
To answer to Sayjay, I'd rather have the posts starting with last and down to first place, that's always how I looked at the awards so it would be easier like that, but maybe that's just me!

little albatross
24-06-11, 08:27 AM
Take my sleeve, you can blow your nose on it. It's okay really, I've got another one on the other arm.

guh, this is love people. That is what love looks like.

Amber
24-06-11, 08:46 AM
guh, this is love people. That is what love looks like.

Ours is a forever love.

Dana
24-06-11, 09:23 AM
Looks like the party's already in swing :) Hope ya'll have an awesome time t the pre-party, red carpet, ceremony and of course the afterparty :)

Me, I'm gonna be celebrating Midsummers Eve which is a big thing here. Of course nummy Skandinavian food and lots of alcohol ;)

*Snaps pic of pre-red carpt dresses* you guys already look so awesome! :D

Toodles :hug:

[erin nicole]
24-06-11, 09:49 AM
SUPER EXCITED!!! And kinda bumming that I won't be able to make the event. Leaving tomorrow for the beach, and will probably be on the road when the ceremony starts, or just reaching our vacation trailer. Either way I'll be with you all in spirit. I'll try and check in on my phone when I can, but probably won't be commenting much till I get back home to my computer on Sunday.

Since I'll only be peeking in and won't be as involved this year, I have these extra banner sets if anyone is lacking inspiration and wants to use them for a last minute outfit.

Free Outfits:

I made these back when I was doing my Firefly rewatch. The first is for the ceremony itself, the second is for a change of outfit to party in the after party. First come, first serve. Credit in your signature would be nice. :)

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5049/kayleeicon1.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6200/kayleebanner1.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2191/kaleeapicon.jpg

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5793/kayleeafterparty1.jpg

AMBERRRRR! Damn, woman! I love you!!! :hug:

Firecracker
24-06-11, 09:56 AM
whatever you want! some people choose their fave celeb and use pics of them in fancy dresses and whatnot. I mean, last year, I used Robin Sparkles from How I Met Your Mother! :p

It's just something made especially for the AFAs. Many of us put some text on their about the AFAs too. Trust me, wear what you want!

Oh there is nothing you can wear that is wrong! If it helps, ifound the link (http://left-unspoken.net/awards/ceremony08.php?redc) at the AFA page where SJ kept some of our party outfits.

Thanks for you're help and the link, I have a better understanding now :lol: :hug:

doppelganger47
24-06-11, 10:56 AM
event starts 05:30 tomorrow morning over here...i have work in the morning and probably get back around 14:00...so i'll be about 9 hours late.

Signe
24-06-11, 12:41 PM
I'm baaaaack! I'm working on all the post announcement stuff and something just occurred to me.... in previous years I have always started with 1st place and worked my way down the list...... do you guys like this or would you prefer I start with the runners up and work my way up to 1st place? I'm NOT doing another poll lol, just curious!

I think you should end with the first place. Gives it more suspense imo ;)

Veverka
24-06-11, 12:55 PM
Signe! Haven't seen you for ages!

I am excited... will go to bed soon, and try to be online as much as possible tomorrow :xd

Veverka
24-06-11, 12:57 PM

I am jealous. Dude. I dreamt about you and made it my facebook status. Does that mean nothing???

Woooo It's the JJ!!!! Sweet! Oh, I sense a reunion in the midst. :xd

slaycandy
24-06-11, 01:05 PM
Afternoon all!!! It's 1pm here in the UK which means the countdown is ON! 7 hours to go until the event kicks start! :D WOOOOOO!!!

Signe
24-06-11, 01:06 PM
Signe! Haven't seen you for ages!

Haha, well I've been busy settling into Uni for the past 10 months... Sadly I don't think I'll make the ceremony much this eve. Like Dana I'll be celebrating Midsummer and to put another damper on it I have work tomorrow so I need to catch some sleep :( I'll try to stop by sometime around midnight though!

(Also, I know my outfit for the occasion is the same as last but I figures that vintage is fashion so...:xd)

Veverka
24-06-11, 01:11 PM
Haha, well I've been busy settling into Uni for the past 10 months... Sadly I don't think I'll make the ceremony much this eve. Like Dana I'll be celebrating Midsummer and to put another damper on it I have work tomorrow so I need to catch some sleep :( I'll try to stop by sometime around midnight though!

(Also, I know my outfit for the occasion is the same as last but I figures that vintage is fashion so...:xd)

Recycling is always cool.
I am coming to the party naked. I hope I don't get kicked out :redshy:

Kiera
24-06-11, 01:44 PM
Whoa. Amber, that is one wicked icon :D But... seems I have a decision to make; attend AFAs or go to Thunder in the Valley after work. Hm. Decisions, decisions...

Veverka
24-06-11, 01:46 PM
Whoa. Amber, that is one wicked icon :D But... seems I have a decision to make; attend AFAs or go to Thunder in the Valley after work. Hm. Decisions, decisions...

What is thunder in the Valley?

Kiera
24-06-11, 01:52 PM
What is thunder in the Valley?

It's a big 3-4 day biker ralley they hold in Johnstown every year. Not just for bikers, but that's mainly the crowd you'll see. It's probably the biggest and only thing people look forward to here every year. Part of me wants to go, but I'm thinking AFAs will be more within my scene nowadays :o

Francy
24-06-11, 03:09 PM
Howdy!

8 pm is a very bad time for me, but I'll try to be around as much as possible! I'll probably eat at my computer! :xd

slaycandy
24-06-11, 03:16 PM
Yay more AFA outfits! Francy yours is looking gorgeous! Eating at the computer is a MUST! :P I'm going to be having munchies all around to keep me going later on! :P

slaycandy
24-06-11, 03:16 PM
Oh and I've also changed into my "hosts" outfit ;) I may see what I can come up with for an after party dress, mwahahaha

Francy
24-06-11, 03:20 PM
Yay more AFA outfits! Francy yours is looking gorgeous! Eating at the computer is a MUST! :P I'm going to be having munchies all around to keep me going later on! :P

Thanks!!! :xd

I have another one for the red carpet... I can't wait to see everyone's outfits!!! :D

What did I do the last few years while everyone was busy AFAing and having fun? How did I survive? LOL Shame on me! :p

Jenni Lou
24-06-11, 03:59 PM
So many pretty outfits already! ACK! They are getting me in the mood for the AFAs and I am going to miss it! :(

Well, I'll see those of you who are still around 7-8 hours after it begins. I'm sure there will be a few of you left! When I come home, maybe I will make a drink or take a few shots or something. :drinking: And then it's on to checking out all the threads!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 04:03 PM
So many pretty outfits already! ACK! They are getting me in the mood for the AFAs and I am going to miss it! :(

Well, I'll see those of you who are still around 7-8 hours after it begins. I'm sure there will be a few of you left! When I come home, maybe I will make a drink or take a few shots or something. :drinking: And then it's on to checking out all the threads!

I don't plan on going anywhere! :P
Shots may help... just dont take too many right away or we won't be able to read your replies, ;)

Cinderela
24-06-11, 04:23 PM
I don't plan on going anywhere! :P
Shots may help... just dont take too many right away or we won't be able to read your replies, ;)

:roll: We had lots of fun with her last year in the after party!!!!!!! I have to run and whip up some outfits - I didn't think the ceremony would be today!

Bre
24-06-11, 04:38 PM
Bre you got a little something on your nose... yup, right there. You got it. :p

LMAO! Yeah... yeah, now it's on my hand.

Alright, I need to work. So I'm going to be here... BUT NOT HERE. It's amazing. Btw, Boika Twin, the icon rawks.

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone!
I just got off work!!
I'm in front of my computer, I've got chips, cola, sandwiches...
whisky and cigarettes
Do I look like someone ready to party or do I look like someone ready to party :lol:

I love the outfits, Bre, Francy, Kiera, Signe...All amazing!
And Sayjay, such an awesome idea to use (I presume) one piece from each number! I'm the eyes in the first "5"!!! So cool!!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone!
I just got off work!!
I'm in front of my computer, I've got chips, cola, sandwiches...
whisky and cigarettes
Do I look like someone ready to party or do I look like someone ready to party :lol:

I love the outfits, Bre, Francy, Kiera, Signe...All amazing!
And Sayjay, such an awesome idea to use (I presume) one piece from each number! I'm the eyes in the first "5"!!! So cool!!

Lol, I tried to get one from each nominated member in there but I didn't take a note of who I had/hadn't done, doh! Yeah... me and common sense don't go well together... plus... I DID manage to miss myself off! I sort of forgot I wasn't voting so I WAS allowed to put one of my own in there, oh well!

Destiny
24-06-11, 05:38 PM
Wow just got home for the weekend and the AFAīs are on! Damn and right when my laptop is dead and Im currently photoshop-less... no outfit for me :cutecry: But you guys are making it up to me, because there are soooooo manny pretties here! *runs to go check them all out* :hug:

buffylover
24-06-11, 05:40 PM
I know I am new to all this, but! I just want to say a massive good luck to everyone who enter the AFA... GOOD LUCK :heart::hug:

Firecracker
24-06-11, 05:54 PM
I just wanted to say how much I am loving everyones outfits. :heart::heart:

just over one hour to go, getting really excited for this now :2party: Good luck to all who entered, and I look foward to chatting to you all later. :hug:

Demetreas
24-06-11, 05:57 PM
wow, its started already! and loving the outfits! I might have a few changes lol not sure like Firecracker said in page one I'm new so not sure if I'm wearing the right thing. Mine is Vintage Kahlan from Label: Legend of the Seeker with an attractive accessory of Richard Rahl no woman should be without.

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 05:57 PM
I just wanted to say how much I am loving everyones outfits. :heart::heart:

just over one hour to go, getting really excited for this now :2party: Good luck to all who entered, and I look foward to chatting to you all later. :hug:
So you finally found a formal outfit for tonight!!! And a pretty gorgeous one for that matter!!!
Maybe I should have put a guy on mine, no wonder everyone thinks I'm a she :lol:

[erin nicole]
24-06-11, 06:00 PM
*SQUEEEES* So excited! I'm really hoping I get reception and internet during our 3+ hour drive so I can see all the action on my phone.

Loving all the outfits so far! And *high five Kristen*! Our fandoms approve! Haha. :p

Ok....really need to be drying my hair and packing right now... *sighs*

Demetreas
24-06-11, 06:05 PM
oo and can I say the default buffy forum banner looks awesome!!!

Destiny
24-06-11, 06:09 PM
oo and can I say the default buffy forum banner looks awesome!!!

Totally! :celebration: For a second there I thought Iīd typed in wrong http :D Loving all the outfits guys, Erinīs Winchester-approved is absolutely fantastic, same Pandoraīs box, Sayjay, Bre, Buffylover... :heart: They make me feel sop festive! :2party::drinking::worthy:

Mara
24-06-11, 06:13 PM
yey the AFA's are here i did go on the red carpet some years ago and that was really nice, sadly I am not goign to be around this years so good luck to all the participants who enterd and yey paety people :D

BlasterBoy
24-06-11, 06:16 PM
Les than an hour to go until the red carpet starts! :2party: Finally put together my outfit for AFA. Good luck to everyone!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 06:17 PM
Totally! :celebration: For a second there I thought Iīd typed in wrong http :D Loving all the outfits guys, Erinīs Winchester-approved is absolutely fantastic, same Pandoraīs box, Sayjay, Bre, Buffylover... :heart: They make me feel sop festive! :2party::drinking::worthy:

Ahh yeh, to anyone who is new we have a very special Awards Ceremony banner that goes up for this one day a year! Muchos love to Nikki who takes the time to do this for me every year!!!

There is an AFA banner for each colour scheme so everyone should know the event is going on :P

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 06:21 PM
Les than an hour to go until the red carpet starts! :2party: Finally put together my outfit for AFA. Good luck to everyone!
Hi Ben, love the outfit!! Glad to see you here tonight!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 06:29 PM
FYI 6.30pm for me, red carpet is rolling out and getting dusted off!!! ;)

Francy
24-06-11, 06:36 PM
Are we moving to another thread at 8 pm (my time)? I bet I'll have trouble being in the right place, tonight! :lol:

Also, I have to cook, so I shouldn't be here...it's at times like this that I wish I lived alone!

BlasterBoy
24-06-11, 06:36 PM
Thanks Clement, yours is gorgeous too! And wow, SJ, your outfit is just stunning! Amazing! :heart:

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 06:45 PM
Thanks Clement, yours is gorgeous too! And wow, SJ, your outfit is just stunning! Amazing! :heart:
Isn't it?!
I mean Sayjay's of course! I'm not that self-centered :lol:
I guess I'm gonna slip into my evening banner...which come to think of, is way brighter than this one...:s

Leloo
24-06-11, 06:50 PM
Have fun tonight guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm headed out in a little while to celebrate my exam and the end of this school year :happydance:

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 06:57 PM
Have fun tonight guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm headed out in a little while to celebrate my exam and the end of this school year :happydance:
Bye Leloo!!! I'll save you some cake and champagne!!

Firecracker
24-06-11, 06:59 PM
So you finally found a formal outfit for tonight!!! And a pretty gorgeous one for that matter!!!
Maybe I should have put a guy on mine, no wonder everyone thinks I'm a she :lol:

Well after hours of playing with different things I decided on damon :lol: I love your outfit. :hug:

Demetreas
24-06-11, 06:59 PM

Congrats on finishing your exams,:1party: hope you can swing by when you get back and catch up on the awards

Amber
24-06-11, 07:07 PM
I just rolled outta bed, I can hang for a bit till I have to leave for work. I plan to be naughty and pop in on my phone while at work today :D

Everybody's outfits are so cute!

slaycandy
24-06-11, 07:08 PM
*tanoid annoucement* the red carpet has been rolled out... please make your way to the red carpet to make your presence at the 2011 party known!

darkprophet
24-06-11, 07:09 PM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt129/xander1girl2/Gifs/Creepypeek-a-booFinn.gif

Guess who snuck out of work early tomake the red carpet? Mmmhm that'd be teh Jenn!!!

Amazing outfits guys loving it! Can't wait for the awards so excited!!! Get ready for lots of random/weird Glee gifs..I saved a bunch...

Nina
24-06-11, 07:09 PM
Because I don't wear a pretty dress, I will jut pop in here and wish everybody a great ceremony. Maybe I'll peek around the corner when I'm back from my RL party.

Amber
24-06-11, 07:12 PM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt129/xander1girl2/Gifs/Creepypeek-a-booFinn.gif

Guess who snuck out of work early tomake the red carpet? Mmmhm that'd be teh Jenn!!!

Amazing outfits guys loving it! Can't wait for the awards so excited!!! Get ready for lots of random/weird Glee gifs..I saved a bunch...

omg I laughed way too hard at that gif.

darkprophet
24-06-11, 07:14 PM
omg I laughed way too hard at that gif.

Haha yes! I totally found a bunch of really odd ones just like that for that purpose! Glad it's working -evil grin-

Heather
24-06-11, 07:17 PM
Isn't it?!
I mean Sayjay's of course! I'm not that self-centered :lol:

LMFAO I totally read the first line and was like "daayyyyyummmm, arrogant buffoon." :p :lol:

But, honestly, both of your banners are fabulous! SJ's is super creative and so fun to look at it, trying to identify each artist, and your's has such beautiful colors!

Pandora's_Box
24-06-11, 07:19 PM
LMFAO I totally read the first line and was like "daayyyyyummmm, arrogant buffoon." :p :lol:

But, honestly, both of your banners are fabulous! SJ's is super creative and so fun to look at it, trying to identify each artist, and your's has such beautiful colors!
:lol::lol::lol:
Thanks a lot Heather!!! I wish you got one yourself, but that Ali Larter's could work on any occasion!!!

Jenni Lou
24-06-11, 07:26 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THE GIFS. One of my fave parts of the AFAs. I've been saving gifs to celebrate with!!! :(

Maybe I'll drop a few here and there if I feel like it. Not sure though since it will be after 11pm and I will have A LOT of threads to go through! :lol: