PDA

View Full Version : Music Questions and Discussions

SarahRegi
06-06-07, 11:07 PM
i soo loved the music for S7, i feel it was created so perfectly for all the suspense and the upcoming great battle against all evil. it just fit so well, and not to mention the scene where Buffy is lying wounded on the ground of the hellmouth and then rises in slowmotion ready to beat the hell off the First Evil and the music playing right at that specific moment. it just made me go "ohhh yeah!!... here it comes!" :laughbounce:

what did you think about it?

KingofCretins
06-06-07, 11:12 PM
I know exactly the moment you are speaking of, and I love it even more when it switches from the triumphant hold-the-line feel at the moment when the amulet wakes up -- then it becomes a far more incredulous statement, with the strings still running underneath, but an entirely different mood.

ThePoet's<3
07-06-07, 03:34 AM
You are so right SarahRegi! The Overture is one of the loveliest I've heard written for Television. It does seem to run through every emotion! Several vid masters have some wonderful videos mastered to the Overture over at YouTube

Thomas
10-06-07, 01:20 AM
The scene with the First taunting Buffy after she was stabbed by an Ubervamp is one of my all-time favorite scenes from Buffy. The background music defiantly made that scene. It was so fitting because it said, "It's not over, we've got this!" It has a very triumphant feel to it.

redrevo
10-06-07, 02:01 AM
I may be mistaken but isn't that the music that plays in the menu on the DVDs? If so, ...wow. That's excellent, and to think that they put it in the menu, there must be more. Usually just some random music is put on the DVD menus (and most of the time it's not that good).

KingofCretins
10-06-07, 02:04 AM
The music on the DVD is the queued to the specific moment where Buffy stands up in slow motion, catches the scythe, and sweeps three ubervamps back over the side with it.

ThePoet's<3
10-06-07, 02:24 AM
Yes - that is the music in the backound of the DVD's.

Also the Overture from the "Restless" episode is awesome!!! I have a beautiful video where you can hear that overture in the background - it's a LOST vid and features the SKate 'Ship.

Trying to find "excerpts" of the music... Is anyone able to post? Not sure if posting vids would be appropriate...don't want to become 'Shippy.

KingofCretins
10-06-07, 02:29 AM
The "Restless" music such as one would find on the soundtrack to the musical? For a Skate? that's an interesting choice, PM me a link if nothing else.

ThePoet's<3
10-06-07, 02:33 AM
MMMmmm...probably thinking about two different things... do you have Season 7 sound track?

SKate as in Sawyer/Kate 'Ship. But if you liked to hear - I'll PM it to you anyway.:)

Veverka
10-06-07, 02:42 AM
AND! if you get one of the soundtrack cds, it's on it, and you can listen on your mp3 player while going for walks, etc. Agreed: love it, and I love that it's so easy to place- much of the background music stays in the background and has a lot less meaning, this is more in the vein of "full of grace", or "sugar water", etc. !

SarahRegi
10-06-07, 07:46 AM
the "Touch Me" song on Buffy

jeje i don't know if this question belongs here but i'm desperate to know. i forgot which epidose it was but there's a scene where Buffy talks about this song she used to like and listen to when she had a crush on this guy(i forgot his name in the show but he wanted to become a vampire to live eternally) back in her hometown in LA, she said something about touch me and i remember that song but i don't remember who sings it? does anyone know what i'm talking about? :confused:

ykickamoocow
10-06-07, 07:53 AM
Its the episode in the 2nd season when Buffy friend (Ford i think) comes back from her old High School and wants Spike to turn him into a vampire before he dies of cancer.

Edit: The song is call "I Touch Myself" by Divinyls

SarahRegi
10-06-07, 10:33 PM
Its the episode in the 2nd season when Buffy friend (Ford i think) comes back from her old High School and wants Spike to turn him into a vampire before he dies of cancer.

Edit: The song is call "I Touch Myself" by Divinyls

yes it was her old friend Ford. thanks for the titile and artist of the song! :)

ykickamoocow
11-06-07, 03:15 PM
yes it was her old friend Ford. thanks for the titile and artist of the song! :)

Thats alright. You got to love a song about female masturbation. Or is that just me :)

Ahm Shere
11-06-07, 03:20 PM
The song was also sung by Cindy Lauper...that's the version I have on my iPod. :confused2: . It hasn't been mentioned, so I'll just say that the episode was called Lie To Me. :D

ykickamoocow
11-06-07, 03:55 PM
The song was also sung by Cindy Lauper...that's the version I have on my iPod. :confused2: . It hasn't been mentioned, so I'll just say that the episode was called Lie To Me. :D

I dont know that version but the original was sung by Divinyls. Here is the song if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTneO6UgRuM

This Year's Boy
11-06-07, 04:04 PM
I also heard this song, but it I heard it from Eve 6

SarahRegi
12-06-07, 01:05 AM
Thats alright. You got to love a song about female masturbation. Or is that just me :)

:confused: jajaja i guess so, i only wanted to know because of Buffy and i was curious :D

KingofCretins
12-06-07, 01:08 AM
That's why everyone stared at her when she mentioned it and she clarified that she didn't know what it was about.

SarahRegi
12-06-07, 01:52 AM
That's why everyone stared at her when she mentioned it and she clarified that she didn't know what it was about.

jeje yes i got that part, made me even more curious :laughbounce:

Ehlwyen
12-06-07, 02:46 AM
I always loved that they referenced the Divinyls there. It was such a popular joke when I was a teenager and the song on the radio to mock that song.

Also I always found it such a fun coincidence that in the Buffy movie that when Buffy is training and becoming the Slayer, the Divinyls is the music used for the totally wickedly fun montage.

ThePoet's<3
12-06-07, 03:25 AM
What is the song playing when Spike goes to the Bronze and first sees the Slayer dancing? Epi is School Hard.

KingofCretins
12-06-07, 05:22 AM
The song is "Stupid Thing" by Nickel.

sherrilina
12-06-07, 06:47 PM
The music on the DVD is the queued to the specific moment where Buffy stands up in slow motion, catches the scythe, and sweeps three ubervamps back over the side with it.
Yeah, I remember when I was first watching season 7 on DVD (I was watching the whole series for the first time, with the exception of some of season 7 which I caught when it aired on TV in 2003), and I left the DVD on the menu to run off for a sec, and I remember as I came back hearing the most incredible and beautiful music coming from the TV--the DVD menu had reached that crescendo of music mentioned here. I knew that it was from the final battle, though I hadn't seen it yet....it had to be!

That moment of music when she gets up and kicks some serious uberbvamp ass is definitely one of my 3 fave pieces of music in the series (along with "The Sacrifice" from the Gift and "Close Your Eyes" in Innocence, etc, but especially when they played it in Becoming). It's part of why I still love Chosen, in spite of its many flaws (which have become more apparent to me since spending time on BW, lol)--it's just such an amazing piece, perhaps my favorite of all--certainly the most dramatic. I really want to get my hands on it, but you have to buy the Radio Sunnydale CD which iTunes doesn't have...same goes for the other non-Musical Buffy one that has "Close Your Eyes"--The Sacrifice is the only one I have.

I know this isn't entirely related, but speaking of season 7 music, does anyone know if there's a CD with the Angel seasons 3/4 music on it, especially the sinister Evil!Jasmine-Cordy or Cordy/Conor theme that plays most prominently during Inside Out when Jasmine-Cordy wins over Darla and Connor drags the girl away to be killed, Cordy smugly following in their wake, all in slow-mo as well (often the action during these great musical overtures seems to be in slow-mo--getting up and swinging the axe, running and jumping off the platform, etc)? It actually plays as early as Billy I realized, but it's really noticeable and used during season 4...but I really like it, and would like to get that as well....

AND! if you get one of the soundtrack cds, it's on it, and you can listen on your mp3 player while going for walks, etc. Agreed: love it, and I love that it's so easy to place- much of the background music stays in the background and has a lot less meaning, this is more in the vein of "full of grace", or "sugar water", etc. !
What do you mean? Background music is almost always important and key (except during season 1 and the beginning of season 2 of BTVS, when it just sucked and was more random). I would say it's more in the vein of "Close your Eyes" and "The Sacrifice" or the Restless and Hush sequences than in the actual songs...though they also played a similar role (though most were sung by a band at the Bronze or a party, or at the Prom--few were just straight-up songs in the background, interestingly enough...).

redrevo
12-06-07, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I remember when I was first watching season 7 on DVD (I was watching the whole series for the first time, with the exception of some of season 7 which I caught when it aired on TV in 2003), and I left the DVD on the menu to run off for a sec, and I remember as I came back hearing the most incredible and beautiful music coming from the TV--the DVD menu had reached that crescendo of music mentioned here. I knew that it was from the final battle, though I hadn't seen it yet....it had to be!

Funny, I knew it too. It was just incredible. No decent show would have such a kickass piece of music and not put it in a final battle or epic victory of some sort. That music makes me want to jump up and down, pump my fist, etc. It's a lot like the finale and "tryouts" music from the movie "Rudy," which are also really inspirational - but this is better.

vampmogs
13-06-07, 08:07 AM
Joss gave specific mention to the musical score in the Chosen commentary. He states something along the lines of it being one major contributor to the success of the final battle sequences. Joss states it gave the final battle a more epic feel than it would have had with another score and was one major reason the battle was bigger than any other they had done.

Fpqno
17-06-07, 06:08 AM
I'd like to say first, that it was never actually on Buffy or Angel (or Firefly), otherwise I would've posted it in the correct thread. Except that I know/have most of that music anyways, so it wouldn't even be an issue. So... I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Anyways, the song I'm looking for... I found it in the summer between Buffy seasons 5 and 6. It was just over 5 minutes long, and it was a classical song with audio clips of Buffy and Spike over it. Like... In chronological order, sort of going over their relationship? It kind of builds up to be more... epic, as it goes along. If I were to compare it to any piece I know, it would be Requiem by Mozart. But that's not it, and it's not even too close. It's just... got choral on it and it isn't upbeat, and slowly builds towards something.

Does anyone at all know what I'm talking about?

I was hoping someone could at the very least tell me what the song was. I've been going through classical music since yesterday trying to find it, but I think that's a rather hopeless search, considering the sheer amount of it and the fact that I don't even know the composer.

Goodness, I can ALMOST remember the filename. Almost.

ThePoet's<3
18-06-07, 03:45 AM
No I surely don't know that one - but if someone does - I would like to know it as well! Sounds intriguing!!

I want to know if there is an official title to the song Spike's Mum sang to him and the First Evil used as a "trigger" in Sleeper? Is there a title?

Dorian's Kitten
18-06-07, 04:01 AM
It's called "Early One Morning"

Early one morning, just as the sun was rising
I heard a maid sing in the valley below
"Oh don't deceive me, Oh never leave me,
How could you use, a poor maiden so?"

Remember the vows that you made to me truly
Remember how tenderly you nestled close to me
Gay is the garland, fresh are the roses
I've culled from the garden to bind over thee.

Here I now wander alone as I wonder
Why did you leave me to sigh and complain
I ask of the roses, why should I be forsaken,
Why must I here in sorrow remain?

Through yonder grove, by the spring that is running
There you and I have so merrily played,
Kissing and courting and gently sporting
Oh, my innocent heart you've betrayed

How could you slight so a pretty girl who loves you
A pretty girl who loves you so dearly and warm?
Though love's folly is surely but a fancy,
Still it should prove to me sweeter than your scorn.

Soon you will meet with another pretty maiden
Some pretty maiden, you'll court her for a while;
Thus ever ranging, turning and changing
Always seeking for a girl that is new.

Thus sang the maiden, her sorrows bewailing
Thus sang the poor maid in the valley below
"Oh don't deceive me, Oh never leave me,
How could you use, a poor maiden so?"

ThePoet's<3
18-06-07, 04:08 AM
Thank you DK!! Aren't the words divine?!? You didn't catch a writer perchance??

Dorian's Kitten
18-06-07, 04:13 AM
I think that it is really old and unattributed. Here is a Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_One_Morning

SarahRegi
18-06-07, 06:16 AM
jaja the first time i heard that song in the show i confused it with "Pop Goes The Weasel"

Rosamunde
03-07-07, 07:40 PM
The Early One Morning thing freaked me out because my mother sings it! Over identify, much?

I'm looking for a song, too: the one at the very end of Season Six that plays as Buffy and Dawn crawl out of the hole in the earth. I think it's some kind of hymn? I remember singing a version of it in school, but I can't remember the title or lyrics! :rolleyes:

redrevo
03-07-07, 07:43 PM
It's the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, but the actual song is Prayer of St. Francis by Sarah McLachlan.

scarybunny
03-07-07, 07:53 PM
i'm looking for some music that was in Angel:
The music was played as party music in "The life of the party" and also as nightclub music in "The girl in question".......

Anyone can help???

Rosamunde
03-07-07, 08:00 PM
It's the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, but the actual song is Prayer of St. Francis by Sarah McLachlan.

I just listened to it! :) Thanks for telling me what it was. Brought back so many memories of primary school :lol: And reminded me how creepy St Francis is.

The Sarah McLachlan version is pretty high on the cheese, but I think we can forgive the choice when putting it in context of the episode. It was quite a nice metaphor in some ways.

KingofCretins
03-07-07, 09:18 PM
I have never heard creepiness associated with the Prayer of St. Francis. Heh.

Sarah McLachlan did a great arrangement of that, though, I'm glad it's on the Radio Sunnydale CD. Both Buffy CDs are excellent.

Veverka
28-07-07, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veverka

What do you mean? Background music is almost always important and key (except during season 1 and the beginning of season 2 of BTVS, when it just sucked and was more random). I would say it's more in the vein of "Close your Eyes" and "The Sacrifice" or the Restless and Hush sequences than in the actual songs...though they also played a similar role (though most were sung by a band at the Bronze or a party, or at the Prom--few were just straight-up songs in the background, interestingly enough...).

Oh, what I meant was not to knock background music and its place in the show, since it's clearly (usually!) awesome, more that if I hear the background music out of context, unless it's something really key like the final battle scene, or hush, I know it's from Buffy, but not from where in Buffy. Whereas song songs, to a non musical person like myself, recall where in the series we were when we heard them.

sanguine
20-11-07, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone I figured this would be the best place to ask...

Can anyone identify the recurring piece of music in "This Year's Girl" (I think). It's a creepy string of about 4 high pitched notes that I'm sure I've heard somewhere before.

KingofCretins
20-11-07, 06:00 PM
Pretty sure it's original score by Christophe Beck -- or so I've always assumed. But, it might actually be licensed music, as it is very, very similar to some of the score pieces for the movie "End of Days" (Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Gabriel Byrne), which were composed by Jon Debney. Debney's credits don't mention Buffy, but, there are definite similarities -- so even if Beck did write it, you aren't going crazy :)

Nostalgia
21-11-07, 02:18 AM
The creepiest score for me is the Restless theme..

Pandora's_Box
22-11-07, 03:51 PM
I'm looking for the name of the song at the end of episode Shells 5x17 from Angel, really pretty and if I'm not mistaken probably the only soundtrack song of the series...Thanks

KingofCretins
22-11-07, 11:31 PM
The song is "A Place Called Home", by Kim Richey.

Pandora's_Box
23-11-07, 03:08 PM
Cool, thank you!

Nostalgia
01-01-08, 10:05 PM
What's the song from "Lonely Hearts" called? It's during the middle of the episode.. when the demon is shown dating many different people.. trying to "connect."

Matt
02-01-08, 09:09 PM
That song's called Touched by VAST.

blue_peroxide
10-02-08, 11:41 PM
I dont know that version but the original was sung by Divinyls. Here is the song if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTneO6UgRuM

And here's a funny Spike and Buffy video on Youtube to the song "I Touch Myself", made in a style of the VH1-s pop-up videos. I do recommend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtJ5RCjZ7k

Invisible Girl
11-02-08, 12:07 AM
That song's called Touched by VAST.

I would highly recommend getting the CD "Visual Audio Sensory Theater" by VAST. It's amazing. Everyone I've played it for has loved it.

electroGwen
01-03-08, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have a song from Buffy ep Beer bad Perfect Again by Lauren Christy Can't find it anywhere, can anyone help?

quasimodo2002
02-03-08, 04:48 PM
As far as i know, it has never been released and made available to the public.
Neither by Lauren Cristy herself nor by her former Label.
It was probably created exclusively for the show and WB is just sitting on it.

I found an OLD SMOE conversation (from 2000) about this track via google.
It is possible there *might* exist an album featuring Lauren singing this particular song.
http://www.smoe.org/lists/breed/v01.n014
Haven't found it yet...

She also did some live performances in 1999/2000 featuring "Perfect Again".
Perhaps someone made a live recording.
http://www.smoe.org/lists/breed/v02.n015

Then again, those infos are 8 years old.

Btw, thank god i found this forum again.
I miss the old Buffy world ....

electroGwen
02-03-08, 11:33 PM
thanx for the info quasi

quasimodo2002
06-03-08, 08:49 AM
Additional info:
http://users.bart.nl/~jad/christy.html

BangelFan2202
19-03-08, 02:50 AM
Does anyone here know the name of the club song played in Angel's Season 5 The Girl in Question? Thanks to whoever can help.

~Trish

skinless
28-05-08, 09:49 AM
Whats the name of the song they play in "Dead things" about half way thru.

NileQT87
28-05-08, 09:59 AM
"take me in your arms" by dean martin is the song played during the slow-mo fight in the girl in question.

xaphania
28-05-08, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the song "Blue" by Angie Hart? It's the song that plays at the beginning and end of Conversations With Dead People.

Pandora's_Box
28-05-08, 01:56 PM
Whats the name of the song they play in "Dead things" about half way thru.
I think the song you're refering to is "Out Of This World" by Bush. It's in my play list, I love it...!

Matt
28-05-08, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the song "Blue" by Angie Hart? It's the song that plays at the beginning and end of Conversations With Dead People.

It's available on both versions of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale soundtrack.

skinless
28-05-08, 08:34 PM
One other quesion: Who is the artist that sings "white horses" or is it "Wild Horses". It's the song featured during "The Prom" when Angel and Buffy are dancing.

Pandora's_Box
28-05-08, 09:36 PM
It's Wild Horses, and it's sang by "The Sundays" but it's actually a Rolling Stones song.

skinless
28-05-08, 10:43 PM
It's Wild Horses, and it's sang by "The Sundays" but it's actually a Rolling Stones song. thanks for all the help guys

lara
30-05-08, 08:37 PM
Hi guys...

I have gotten all the Spuffy scores of the seventh season, I could find. I have "The final fight" (Robert Duncan) and the extended version "Chosen" (from duncan's site on the net) But from those scores the actual "Buffy & Spike love theme" is only 1:05' long, I'm wondering if there is an extended version of the song (like there is of "Close your eyes", you have an original version and a just piano version, etc.) or maybe a longer version of the song. If there is do you know about it?

"Buffy & Spike Love theme" it's part of both scores "The final fight (Original score - 4:03)" and "Chosen (the long version - 7:51)" It's 1:05 long and it's heard for the first time in 7.02 "Beneath You". It's the music you hear when they are in the church and Spike is telling Buffy about his soul. You hear it several times during all the spuffy moments in season 7, but with some variations, an example is in "End of Days" when they have the conversation about being "shirty" and the "maybe when..." it is heard with a bit piano in the middle, and it's part of what makes that scene so touching. Hearing that particular piece in "End of Days" was what made me wonder that maybe if they played different versions of the song in some episodes there could be a clean copy of them somewhere, and of course I would love to get them, so I have to ask around!!

Also, I looked everywhere I could think of and I have yet to find "Nobody's hurt yet" Buffy & Spike theme from "Smashed". Can any of you guys help me out?

skinless
31-05-08, 07:45 AM
Ok here's a weird Question, I didnt know if I was supposed to put it in this or the random Buffy questions Since its kinda random. Does the BTVS Theme actually have a name or is it just called The "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Theme. I was just thinking about that Does anybody Know?

Matt
31-05-08, 12:42 PM
It's just called the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme.
It would've been interesting if it had've been turned into a song or something, like Darling Violetta did with the Angel Theme Tune, but no. Then again that's still called the Angel Theme Tune.

lara
31-05-08, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it would be great if they did that, like what they did with Angel's theme, that song by darling violetta is great, I think it was named "The Sanctuary" Extended remix and it's in Angel's album "Live Fast, Die Never" (2005)

quasimodo2002
13-07-08, 07:35 PM
Hi all,

for many weeks now i'm looking for ways to get the album CDs of some bands from Buffy.
All information about those bands i assembled from various tracklists, though i can't confirm if those infos are even correct.
There are no alive websites, myspace accounts or offered items on Amazon, Ebay od CDBaby. Google isn't of much help either.
Quite the nuts to crack.

Those are the bands in question:

Act of faith ("Bring me on" from the album "Scream" 1997 in Buffy 2x05 Reptile Boy)
Every bit of nothing ("Slip Jimmy" from the album "Austamosta" 1998 in Buffy 3x06 Band Candy)
Spectator pump ("Priced 2 move" in Buffy 3x16 Doppelgangland and "Sunday mail" in Buffy 3x21 Graduation Day Part 1, both tracks from the album "Styrofoam Archives")

ANY additional info would be of help at this point ...

lara
18-07-08, 05:53 AM
Does anyone know if I can find the music sheet for Robert Duncan's "The final fight" theme? If there is one, I've been looking around but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places... Any help?

NileQT87
18-07-08, 12:23 PM
http://www.geocities.com/foxxedslayer/sheetmusic.html

this is the best i could find... but it's only the sheet music to sacrifice (the gift), darling violetta's angel theme, close your eyes, waking willow, buffy/riley and the giles/jenny passion themes.

lara
18-07-08, 01:11 PM
I check it out Nile, so not Duncan's theme but hey! Darling Violetta's theme!! I love Angel's song and didn't have that one yet!! Thank you :hug:

quasimodo2002
05-01-09, 03:00 PM
Just wanted to inform you, the latest and last release of the unofficial Buffy soundtrack is up and running.

Infos via PM

:2party:

BloodyHell
17-01-09, 07:37 PM
My husband always makes fun of the 'kicking butt' music in Buffy (which is generally pretty cheesy-action-movie) but I have always thought that the instrumental arrangements, as well as the vocal choices, were awesome. I have found a lot of music that I am totally in love with through Btvs!

My favorites instrumental-wise are probably Riley/Buffy's theme, especially in the episode 'Hush', 'The Gift' song when Buffy dies, and the 'Restless' music. Actually, the Hush music is in general really good, in a creepy way. I also like the Willow/Oz music. The Angel theme is beautiful too. I wish I could play cello!

As for actual songs, I love 'Wild Horses' by the Sundays, 'Blue' by Angie Hart, both of the Sarah McLachlan choices, 'I only have eyes for you' by the Flamingos, and many more. I love the opera playing in Giles' apartment when he finds Jenny in 'Passion'! Does anybody know what opera it is?

Amuk
18-01-09, 05:42 AM
I love the opera playing in Giles' apartment when he finds Jenny in 'Passion'! Does anybody know what opera it is?

"La Bohčme (O Soave Fanciulla)" (Composed by Giacomo Puccini)

zoelee
19-01-09, 01:59 AM
i loved the music, the bit i loved the most was the end one where their fighting the vamps i have that on most music cds that i make.

BloodyHell
31-01-09, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know somewhere online that you can download or listen to the full Willow/Oz love theme?

Matt
31-01-09, 08:21 AM
I wasn't aware they had a specific theme, but the following website has a majority of the songs in the Buffyverse on it, and you can download the ones that are available:

http://www.buffygalaxy.com/audio.htm

BloodyHell
31-01-09, 02:15 PM
I guess I should say the 'Wild at Heart' theme; it was played through all the sad Willow/Oz scenes, as well as every time Willow is dwelling on him through season 4. Thanks Matt, I'll have a look.:)

celestite
11-07-09, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me.
I love the music that plays during the main menu (the one that displays the episode titles) of all the Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, season 7 DVDs. I've tried searching for it but can't find it anywhere. Was it ever used in any episodes? I can't remember.
Any help finding the name or where it comes from would be muchly appreciated. :)

Veverka
11-07-09, 09:29 AM
Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me.
I love the music that plays during the main menu (the one that displays the episode titles) of all the Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, season 7 DVDs. I've tried searching for it but can't find it anywhere. Was it ever used in any episodes? I can't remember.
Any help finding the name or where it comes from would be muchly appreciated. :)

It's been a while, but isn't it from the last episode, it's the "Final Fight" song, I think.

scklkid
11-07-09, 10:59 AM
I know i love that song to.:)
It's in the last episode on season 7 :)

Matt
11-07-09, 09:46 PM
It's a score called "Final Fight" by Robert Duncan and plays through "Chosen"; it's one of the tracks on the "Radio Sunnydale" soundtrack, which should be available from all audio retailers.

celestite
11-07-09, 09:57 PM
That's the one! Thanks everybody! :hug:

buffyholic
15-07-09, 01:00 PM
I think itīs also used in "Lessons" but more on "Chosen".
Can I just say that I love the music used in this season? Itīs awesome and very epic.

davejeffery
11-10-09, 05:25 PM
The thing I like about S7 was the inclusion of Nerf Herder as the band that plays at The Bronze pre-apocolypse. I love Nerf Herder ... the new album is fantastic!

buffylover
26-05-10, 09:10 PM
I love the song on Chosen it so epic and entertaining, i got it on my ipod :P

_Buffy_
04-06-10, 07:38 PM
I love the song on Chosen it so epic and entertaining, i got it on my ipod :P

Yes, me too .:) And the music is the same as in the end of epizode " Bad eggs" .

I like so much the music in " When she was bad " - music in Bronze , when Buffy dance with Xzander and the group "Chibo Matto" sing and play a great in this moment.

buffylover
11-06-10, 10:21 AM
^ I agree, i love the song at the end of Becoming part 2, i don't know it?, but i love it so much! and i adore the song called Lucky, Artist: Bif Naked!:D

And the song of the beginning of "Conversation with dead people!" Love that to!

_Buffy_
11-06-10, 11:27 AM
The song at the end of Becoming 2 is sing by Sarah McLachlan - Full of Grace Lyrics (http://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lyrics007.com%2FSarah%2520McL achlan%2520Lyrics%2FFull%2520of%2520Grace%2520Lyri cs.html&rct=j&q=full+of+grace+lyrics&ei=Pg8STJ3mEaecOOCu3OwH&usg=AFQjCNETwmrXhvn6rULimHdW8SY1zvOCkA) . Very nice song.

buffylover
11-06-10, 08:52 PM
^ Thanks _Buffy_ I just love that song so much.
And i adore The Gift theme song that has emotion! and it always make me cry when it comes on, when Buffy jumps of the diving board :cry2:

selenspuffy
23-06-10, 09:55 PM
Me too. Everytime i listen to Sacrifice (from the Gift) I get this weird feeling and I become pessimistic and all, want to cry.

And also, 'It Doesn't Matter' by Alison Krauss (at the very end of When She Was Bad) is a nice one too. This one also makes me wanna cry:p

And the song of the beginning of "Conversation with dead people!" Love that to!
I think you mean Blue by Angie Hart. It's one of my favourite songs:heart:

_Buffy_
24-06-10, 12:16 PM
In the season 2 , when something sad is happen between Buffy and Angel , there is a very nice music - very soft and tender and loving. I heard this music for the last time in S4 in episode " Pangs" . And for me this music is Bangels forever.

buffyholic
15-07-10, 10:37 AM
All those songs all of you mentioned are wonderful. I just bought Buffy: Radio Sunnydale and Buffy:The Album and I listen to it all day.

btw, the song by Cibo Matto is Sugar Water. I love it.
I also love Lucky, by Bif Naked. Itīs on "The Harsh Light of Day".

_Buffy_
15-07-10, 11:05 AM
Is there in this Sunnydale radio some music from episode " Fool for love " ? In the time of whole episode sounds a great music.:heart:

Buffyholic, may you tell me exactly the name of this album. I wanna buy it too :)

buffylover
15-07-10, 11:06 AM
All those songs all of you mentioned are wonderful. I just bought Buffy: Radio Sunnydale and Buffy:The Album and I listen to it all day.

btw, the song by Cibo Matto is Sugar Water. I love it.
I also love Lucky, by Bif Naked. Itīs on "The Harsh Light of Day".

I love the song by Lucky by Bif Naked :D

Wants is the song on the Gift, when Buffy is about to jump?? i love it so much and i don't know want it's called!!:hug:

CaptainOats
16-07-10, 03:51 AM
I love the song by Lucky by Bif Naked :D

Wants is the song on the Gift, when Buffy is about to jump?? i love it so much and i don't know want it's called!!:hug:Well you definitely have good taste! :p Cause it's my favourite song from the entire series! :D Next being "The Final Battle" which plays during the series finale's huge battle, then everything from Once More With Feeling, then I'm gonna say "Suite from Restless" and "Suite from Hush", and lastly probably "Blue" by Angie Hart from Conversations With Dead People. :heart: But anyways, it's called "Sacrifice." You can find downloads of it everywhere and on Youtube, but it's also on the official soundtracks for Once More With Feeling and Buffy: The Score. ;) Christophe Beck composed it, as well as all the other awesome songs like Close Your Eyes - this is Buffy and Angel's Love Theme/Suite from Restless/Suite from Hush/etc. etc.! :hug:He's just amazingly talented! :xd And I honestly adore him! :wub: :drinkup:

EDIT - Okay I found some stuff for you Brendan! :hug::laughbounce:
Song: Sacrifice
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0a9b2ucnrU
Free Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2btzyjincyq
Composer: Christophe Beck

Enjoy! :cool:

buffylover
16-07-10, 09:34 AM
Well you definitely have good taste! :p Cause it's my favourite song from the entire series! :D Next being "The Final Battle" which plays during the series finale's huge battle, then everything from Once More With Feeling, then I'm gonna say "Suite from Restless" and "Suite from Hush", and lastly probably "Blue" by Angie Hart from Conversations With Dead People. :heart: But anyways, it's called "Sacrifice." You can find downloads of it everywhere and on Youtube, but it's also on the official soundtracks for Once More With Feeling and Buffy: The Score. ;) Christophe Beck composed it, as well as all the other awesome songs like Close Your Eyes - this is Buffy and Angel's Love Theme/Suite from Restless/Suite from Hush/etc. etc.! :hug:He's just amazingly talented! :xd And I honestly adore him! :wub: :drinkup:
:

I think the scarifies tune suits the theme of "The Gift", and also the Finale theme song as to be the best for me, i just love it so much!!!!:heart: i always gets goosebumps every time that scene comes on when Buffy gets stabbed, and the first appeared, and Buffy got up "I want you to get, out of my face" then suddenly the tune comes on :D
:2party:

EDIT - Okay I found some stuff for you Brendan! :hug::laughbounce:
Song: Sacrifice
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0a9b2ucnrU
Free Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2btzyjincyq
Composer: Christophe Beck

Enjoy! :cool:

Thank you so much..... "REP":2party:

_Buffy_
16-07-10, 10:03 AM
"Close your eyes is amazing". This music sound for the last time in S4, "Pangs" . It is perfect for Buffy and Angel. Thank you, Phropecy boy ! :hug:

buffyholic
16-07-10, 11:01 AM
"Close your eyes" is in the Buffy album.
Buffy, Iīll send you the covers of both cds. If you want the tracklists, just say it.

_Buffy_
16-07-10, 01:53 PM
Please , show the tracklist. I find one link, but " Close your eyes " is not there.

buffyholic
17-07-10, 11:29 AM
Here is the tracklist and Iīm gonna put the name of the ep it shows up.

Buffy Album
1. Buffy Theme
2. Teenage FBI (does not appear on the series)
3. Temptation Waits (does not appear on the series)
4. Strong (Never Kill a Boy on the First Date)
5. I Quit (does not appear)
6. Over my Head (does not appear)
7. Lucky (Harsh Light of Day)
8. Keep Myself Awake (The I In Team)
9. Virgin State of Mind (Doppelglandand)
10.Already Met you (Teacherīs Pet)
11. God is a Man (Where the Wild Things Are)
12. Nothing but You (Beer Bad)
13. It Doesnīt Matter (When she was bad)
14. Wild Horses (The Prom)
16. Pain (various episodes)
17. Charge (I Only Have Eyes for You)
18. Transylvanian Concubine (Surprise)
19. Close your Eyes

Buffy:Radio Sunydale*
1. Buffy Main theme (new recording)
2. Bohemian like You (Triangle)
3. Everybody got their something (All the way)
4. Dead Guys with Bombs (The Zeppo)
5. Key (Crush)
6. Sound of the Revolution (As you Were)
7. Ballad for Dead Friends (The Harvest)
8. Blue (CWDP)
9. Pavlovīs Bell (Sleeper)
10. That Kind of Love (Entropy)
11. Sink or Float (The Killer in Me)
12. Still Life (First Date)
13. Black Cat Bone (Wrecked)
14. Just as Nice (All the Way)
15. I Canīt Keep Keep my Eyes of You (Family)
16. The Sun keeps shining on me (All the Way)
17. Run Away (Smashed)
18. Summerbreeze (Into the Woods)
19.Sugar Water (WSWB)
20. The Final Fight (Chosen)
21. Buffy Main Theme (Nerf Herder)

* This is the UK version which I bought. If you buy the US version, it has some more songs.

CaptainOats
17-07-10, 07:56 PM
There is also another album called Buffy: The Score, which basically compiles all of Christophe Beck's amazing work from all of the first five seasons into one CD! I absolutely adore it, and here is the info: :hug:

Album Cover: http://www.whedon.info/IMG/jpg/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-score-scans-mq-04.jpg
Track List:
1.Massacre (from "Becoming")
2.Angel Waits (from "Passion")
3.Remembering Jenny (from "Passion")
4.Twice the Fool (from "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered")
5.Moment of Happiness (from "Innocence")
6.Loneliness of Six (from "Lover's Walk")
7.Sugar High (from "Band Candy")
8.Tai Chi (from "Band Candy")
9.Kralik's House (from "Helpless")
10.Magic Snow Music (from "Amends")
11.Slayer's Elegy (from "The Wish")
12.Faith's End (from "Graduation Day")
13.Drink Me (from "Graduation Day")
14.One Last Moment (from "Graduation Day")
15.Haunted (from "Fear Itself")
16.From the Grave (from "This Year's Girl")
17.Demon Got Your Tongue (from "Hush")
18.Golf Claps (from "Hush")
19.The Princess Screams (from "Hush")
20.Spellbound (from "Who Are You?")
21.Fyarl in the Morning (from "A New Man")
22.A Really Big Sandbox (from "Restless")
23.Spaghetti (from "Restless")
24.Body Paint (from "Restless")
25.Xander's Nightmare (from "Restless")
26.The Tower (from "The Gift")
27.Losing Battle (from "The Gift")
28.Apocalypse (from "The Gift")
29.Sacrifice (alternate version, from "The Gift")

Enjoy! :D :heart: ;)

_Buffy_
17-07-10, 10:15 PM
Thank you Buffyholic and Prophecy boy! Thank you so much !!!

buffylover
18-07-10, 01:24 PM
Buffyholic, how much are them albums you just received? because I might get them with my own money.:D i just need to know how much are them first :lol:

buffyholic
19-07-10, 11:32 AM
Buffylover, I only have those two. But Iīm actually thinking of buying more.

Buffy, whatīs so great about these albums is that they are pretty good songs. Even if I wasnīt a Buffy fan (God forbid!) I would still love the music because these songs are really excellent.

buffylover
19-07-10, 02:07 PM
Buffylover, I only have those two. But Iīm actually thinking of buying more.

Buffy, whatīs so great about these albums is that they are pretty good songs. Even if I wasnīt a Buffy fan (God forbid!) I would still love the music because these songs are really excellent.

Cool, i want some Buffy albums and put them on my ipod so i can listen to it every time, I'm out and about :D

I'm looking at websites now.... i might look at itunes if their got it!:D:2party:

Matt
19-07-10, 06:20 PM
Cool, i want some Buffy albums and put them on my ipod so i can listen to it every time, I'm out and about :D

I'm looking at websites now.... i might look at itunes if their got it!:D:2party:

I think iTunes have all of the albums that have been made so far: Radio Sunnydale, The Album, Once More, With Feeling and The Score which are all great.

I do suggest looking at a list of every song played in each episode though and previewing the songs if you can... there was a great website where you could download almost every song played in each episode and I strongly recommend checking out some songs not on the official albums because there are some great ones, for example Kathleen Wilhoite's Wish We Never Met which is the song from Consequences when Willow is crying in the bathroom when finding out about Xander and Faith. I also recommend most of the Four Star Mary songs which were shown in the show performed by Dingoes and a load of others.

The website is: http://www.buffygalaxy.com/audio.htm

buffyholic
20-07-10, 10:47 AM
Thanks for that suggestion, Matt.
I also love two songs that appear on the episode "Reptile Boy": She and Wolves and sadly does not appear in any of the albums.

Now, I wanna buy the OMWF album.

_Buffy_
20-07-10, 03:15 PM
Thank you, Matt !

Does anybody knows which is the song from episode " Dead things " when Spike and Buffy are staing to the oppsite sides of the door, and when suddenly Spike open the door Buffy was gone ? The music, when they both tuch the door was great....

buffyholic
21-07-10, 10:40 AM
Buffy, itīs called "Out of this World" by Bush. Really an amazing song that fits the scene completely.

_Buffy_
21-07-10, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Buffyholc! But that song is not in Radio Sunnydale... I`ll look for it in u- tube

Do you know which is the song in the begining of the episode " Crush" ? It was singed by a some group in Bronze. I like this song .....And right now I can`t say, but this song is playing in the Bronze too in the earliest seasons.

buffyholic
18-08-10, 10:42 AM
Donīt know. I just know the song when Spike and Drusilla are in the Bronze.
You can go to wikipedia and put buffy songs throughout the series.

Matt
18-08-10, 04:12 PM
Apparently the songs at the beginning of the episode in the Bronze are by a band called Summercamp and the first one played is called Play It By Ear (I think this is the one that the gang are dancing to, the shot of Anya dancing in the pink shirt that is used in the opening credits later) and the second song is called Happy.

_Buffy_
20-08-10, 11:53 AM
Thank you, Matt !

Oh, guys, I have to go to work again. My vacation is almost over and these days I have no enough time for the forum. I`m so sad ......

Pike
20-08-10, 07:49 PM
I dont really know if I could listen to a score more than once. :lol: Also, after watching the making of Hush, and seeing that the majority of music was made on a solo keyboard, it kinda killed it for me. Which is sad, I typically know things like this, or know better.

The Sunnydale Radio albums look good. Not that I would buy an album for one track, but I really wish Michelle Branch had made it on there.. but I loved seeing Joey Ramone!

_Buffy_
08-09-10, 10:23 AM
Does anyone knows which is the music in the end of episode " Smashed" ? In the end of scene " Spike and Buffy bring down the house " there are a lovely and a little depressing music. I like it. I can`t find this music in Radio Sunnydale.

Kiera
25-09-10, 11:04 PM
There used to be a Buffy site that listed every song in each episode. Whether or not it still exists, idk.

davidwillson
17-10-10, 09:33 AM
:confused: jajaja i guess so, i only wanted to know because of Buffy and i was curious :D

CaptainOats
17-10-10, 09:39 AM
Does anyone knows which is the music in the end of episode " Smashed" ? In the end of scene " Spike and Buffy bring down the house " there are a lovely and a little depressing music. I like it. I can`t find this music in Radio Sunnydale.You might not be able to find it unfortunately, because it was part of a special musical score for the show. And not all of that music has been released to my knowledge. I do know that the name of it is "Elope" by Thomas Wanker though.

;) :) I'll search a little more though and see if anything comes up. But if not, good luck I guess! It will pop up eventually, don't worry!

Kiera
17-10-10, 10:36 AM
I'm trying a few searches on it now, so I'll let you know if I come up with anything :)

CaptainOats
17-10-10, 10:41 AM
I'm trying a few searches on it now, so I'll let you know if I come up with anything :)Okay thanks! It's possible I suppose that it was on the Buffy: The Score album, but I think that only had music from the main composer (Christophe Beck) who did all the different Buffy themes. Something tells me the music was only from Seasons 1-5 as well...but I'll have to double-check first.

EDIT - Yep, it was. :( So no luck thus far I'm afraid. *sigh*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer:_The_Score

Kiera
17-10-10, 10:46 AM
About the only thing I could do is rip the music from the DVD, I think. However, it's early here and I might have to wait until more people are on to search though the P2P sites/programs. I might have better luck then.

_Buffy_
17-10-10, 11:13 AM
Thank you Prophecy boy and Kiera !

I just think that it was a specific music from known song. I thing I`m listening it somewhere before.

Kiera
17-10-10, 11:28 PM
You're welcome, _Buffy_ :hug: Unfortunately, my p2p resources didn't pick up anything, even at this time of day. Sorry :( Like I said, if need be I can also probably rip just the score from the episode as well :)

mandelbr0t
30-08-11, 06:20 PM
Hey all,

I'm on a fan-quest to find something that might not even exist, but maybe you all could help me out. I'm part of a college group trying to recreate the "Once More, With Feeling" musical episode as an on-stage live musical show, and I'm trying to find the soundtrack WITHOUT the words...Karaoke/Instrumental style. Anyone know if this exists, or who I should try to talk to to find out?

TimeTravellingBunny
30-08-11, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if any of the songs used in BtVS (other than the songs from Once More, With Feeling and Anya's song from Helpless) were written specifically for the show, besides "Blue" by Angie Hart?

_Buffy_
12-09-11, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know if any of the songs used in BtVS (other than the songs from Once More, With Feeling and Anya's song from Helpless) were written specifically for the show, besides "Blue" by Angie Hart?

I didn`t even knew that " Blue " is wrriten specifically for the show. :s

The Sarah McLoclah song " Full of Grace " in the end of Becoming 2 is fit too well to the episode. Sometimes I think that this song "Full of grace " is wrriten specifically for Becoming 2 . I just can`t imagine more appropriate song .

Also , I know that this song is not in the show. But the " Ghoust of the robot "`s song " Good night sweet girl " singed my James Marsters is wrriten as if for episode " Touched " , S 7.

TimeTravellingBunny
12-09-11, 12:30 PM
I didn`t even knew that " Blue " is wrriten specifically for the show. :s

The Sarah McLoclah song " Full of Grace " in the end of Becoming 2 is fit too well to the episode. Sometimes I think that this song "Full of grace " is wrriten specifically for Becoming 2 . I just can`t imagine more appropriate song .

It certainly wasn't - it was on the album "Surfacing" which was released in 1997, a year before Becoming was shot. Lots of songs used on the show fit their scens perfectly, but they weren't written for the show.

About Angie Hart, from Wikipedia:

Collaborations with Joss Whedon

In 2002, Hart recorded and performed the song "Blue" for the episode "Conversations with Dead People" of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The song was co-written by Hart with the show's creator, Joss Whedon. As part of Splendid, Hart twice appeared on the show, performing Splendid's songs "Charge" and "You and Me". Splendid's song "Tomorrow We'll Wake" was also aired on Buffy as background music to a scene featuring characters Xander and Anya. She also sang backing vocals on Tara's song, "Under Your Spell" in the musical episode "Once More With Feeling", of which Tobias was co-music director.

Hart also appeared in Joss Whedon's short-lived Firefly, playing the part of Lucy in "Heart of Gold". This part required Hart to perform "Amazing Grace" a cappella.

MamaBearJZ
16-12-11, 11:17 PM
The song is "A Place Called Home", by Kim Richey.

I have this song on my ipod and everytime I hear it I bawl like a baby.

Emily
01-04-19, 09:15 AM
I like the music.