PDA

View Full Version : Buffy and Angel Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Superstition.
04-06-07, 12:55 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't know where else to post this as I need to know this question quite soon.

Very very random - but it's for a video I'm making.

Ok, does anyone know if in ANY of the seasons/episodes where Buffy puts her hand on HER left hand side of her face?

If you could tell me the episodes where she does that, that would be awesome.

Just putting her hand there, or touching it or whatever.

Thank you!

As I said, very very random question. :halo:

Salvation
10-06-07, 12:46 AM
I was watching Angel s4 & i got couple of questions ,so here we go......

1-When Joss decided it was the time for David to have his own show & was the other Actors reaction about it?

2-How tall is David bcuz he's taller than the others?

3-What was Jasmine's real name that was so protactive of it & even have a keeper or a guard of it?

KingofCretins
10-06-07, 01:07 AM
1. I don't know, but "Angel" was planned during the post-Season 2 to early Season 3 timeframe, which is why they really started using him a lot more.

2. According to IMDb, David Boreanaz is 6'1" (1.85m)

3. Jasmine's real name was deliberately inaudible to the audience, much like the Empress' name in the movie version of "The Neverending Story". It's not important and you'll think of something more beautiful or terrifying in your own mind.

Salvation
10-06-07, 01:26 AM
Thanks for answering my questions ^^

tangent
10-06-07, 02:05 PM
Joss has said that it was david's performance in 'i only have eyes for you' that started him thinking that david could carry his own show.

Salvation
11-06-07, 01:27 AM
Joss has said that it was david's performance in 'i only have eyes for you' that started him thinking that david could carry his own show.

I love that episode & he was really outstanding in it,but i still i wanna know what the other actors said about it?

Ameer
11-06-07, 07:09 AM
Well, from what I remember seeing in interviews, all of them were very happy for David. There's one interview in particular where Sarah and David were discussing the show and they both look pretty pleased with whatever was happening. I'm sure Sarah wouldn't have opted to appear on the show more than once if she had problems with David getting his own show.

Salvation
12-06-07, 02:45 AM
^^ i guess that's true bcuz i saw interview with both of them & Sarah said very nice things about David acting.

Now another question....

When Angel learn how to draw i mean was it a skill he have before he turned into a vampire?

KingofCretins
12-06-07, 05:21 AM
They never establish much about Angel's ability to sketch. I'm not certain how to infer it. His father thought he was a layabout, and a quick way for many fathers to find many sons to be layabouts is for their sons to be artists. On the other hand, we know that even as Angelus he appreciates art ("Waiting in the Wings"). It's a nice little affectation, though, since they never over-used it.

ykickamoocow
12-06-07, 07:51 AM
When Angel learn how to draw i mean was it a skill he have before he turned into a vampire?

Drawing is a interesting subject. In episode "Go Fish" it is established that Cordelia is a good drawer but in a episode of Angel it is shown that Cordelia cant draw at all when she tries to sketch the "grey blobby thing."

Veverka
12-06-07, 09:23 AM
The other thing about Jasmine's namelessness is that it's pretty consistent with several mythologies/cultural backgrounds that deities are not named, ie traditionally God is not named in Judeo-christian culture. It follows through as recently as Voldemort in Harry Potter who is constantly referred to as 'he-who-must-not-be-named'.

vampmogs
13-06-07, 08:22 AM
Drawing is a interesting subject. In episode "Go Fish" it is established that Cordelia is a good drawer but in a episode of Angel it is shown that Cordelia cant draw at all when she tries to sketch the "grey blobby thing."

Really? I never thought Cordy drew the swim team monsters particularly well.. I actually kind of thought that this was meant to be the joke? It looked more like a penguin with whiskers to me? :confused3:

sherrilina
13-06-07, 03:30 PM
Well to be fair, it was a pretty good drawing of the grey blobby thing, when it was, well, a grey blobby thing! ;) Especially given how fast it flashed by, and how she hadn't been really concentrating on it at the time.

I think Angel's drawing would have come from his human days, like Spike's poetry inclinations come from his human past. I also love Angel's drawing skills, it is a nice affectation, one I forgot about between Passion and Season 2 (I didn't catch the first time that Cordy is buying art supplies for Angel in TSILA when he's good at it). It's like Spike's affectation of being a Passion's fan (though obviously that came during his vamp days! :p ).

digitalMindy
13-06-07, 05:29 PM
Well, I can't answer your question but I will post one of my own.

In Amends, the First (as Jenny) touches Angel. Isn't the First incorporeal? How is it that she (it) is able to touch Angel?

Mabus
13-06-07, 05:42 PM
My best shot at an answer, Mindy...

The First appears to be able to simulate sensations of different kinds--just not to affect matter. Thus it can "touch" Angel as far as his mind is concerned, but it can't (for instance) give him a shove across the room.

sherrilina
14-06-07, 12:06 AM
My best shot at an answer, Mindy...

The First appears to be able to simulate sensations of different kinds--just not to affect matter. Thus it can "touch" Angel as far as his mind is concerned, but it can't (for instance) give him a shove across the room.
Except that in Amends the First DOES shove Angel across a room or at least knocks him over, lol--which leads me to believe that it's just a goof, where the writers wrote the epp without having come up with all the rules of the First yet...

It's like how Angel and other vampires are often growing their hair out or facial hair....and yet they're corpses....not everything makes perfect sense! :p

Salvation
16-06-07, 10:11 PM
Here come's my questions:
1-Whatever happend to the mark on Buffy's Neck you know the one that she got when she forced Angel to feed on her bood?

2-Does that mark make's Buffy,Angel's mate or something what is that excatly mean?

3-correct me if i,m wrong but doesnt Darla died in Buffy season 1 by Angel i guess if that happend how come she's back & by who?

Salvation
16-06-07, 10:16 PM
i wanna know was it Joss idea to kill off Cordy in season 5?

Ahm Shere
16-06-07, 10:25 PM
1-Whatever happend to the mark on Buffy's Neck you know the one that she got when she forced Angel to feed on her bood?

Well, it appears in some episodes if you look really carefully, *but* it will probably be a continuity error as well, I mean, all TV show's have them :D

2-Does that mark make's Buffy,Angel's mate or something what is that excatly mean?

Uh, I think I get what your saying. If I'm right, then, No, I don't think that because Angel bit her and left a mark, Buffy is Angel's mate. Dracula bit Buffy and she isn't his mate. Harmony bit Willow, and she isn't Harmony's mate :)...At least...I think not...you never know with them crafty writers ;)

3-correct me if i,m wrong but doesnt Darla died in Buffy season 1 by Angel i guess if that happend how come she's back & by who?

I don't watch Angel, but in the Buffyverse, Vampires have been known to come back from the dead...*again*. Look at Angel. He was killed bu Buffy, now he's back and has his own series :D Spike died, but he's back. I don't know why Darla is back...but didn't she come back human? And pregnant?

tangent
16-06-07, 10:32 PM

Your quite right darla is killed by angel in season 1 of buffy. Wolfram & Hart are the ones responsible for magically bringing her back to life.

Salvation
17-06-07, 12:01 AM
Your quite right darla is killed by angel in season 1 of buffy. Wolfram & Hart are the ones responsible for magically bringing her back to life.

They are after everything evil & twisted ,Thanks ^^

Fpqno
17-06-07, 06:23 AM
Joss himself has said that Buffy The Vampire Slayer couldn't just go on forever with Angel and Buffy angsting to be together but not being able to. It would get old and boring. Angel leaving was an awesome solution. I don't really know about cast reactions, though. But they did get to work together every now and then before Buffy left The WB.

About Jasmine, some beliefs hold that your real name is magical, and a mother gives their child a secret name not known to the world. Her real name had power over her. But it was also fully possible that it was unpronounceable, anyways. At least with humans.

And I do believe Charisma Carpenter no longer wanted to be on Angel. Of course, it's Joss' show, so I can't imagine it being anyone else's idea to kill her (as opposed to her leaving town or whatever).

Llywela
17-06-07, 07:12 AM
And I do believe Charisma Carpenter no longer wanted to be on Angel. Of course, it's Joss' show, so I can't imagine it being anyone else's idea to kill her (as opposed to her leaving town or whatever).
Really? I understood it to be the other way around - that Charisma wanted and intended to continue with the show, but was informed that her contract would not be renewed.

Fpqno
17-06-07, 09:29 AM
Well, I just asked my friend (who's kind of my expert about casting and things of that nature) and there was apparently no actual confirmation either way, but rumour was that her pregnancy screwed up plot plans and Joss decided to let her go. But officially Joss said that he felt Cordelia's arc was complete, and they went everywhere they wanted to with that character.

So yeah, you'd be correct. ^^;

Either way, I'm fairly certain it was Joss himself who chose to kill her.

galathea
17-06-07, 10:15 AM
Here is what Charisma Carpenter had to say about her situation:

In August (2003) Charisma gave an interview to the Boston Herald and expressed her disappointment in no longer being part of the series. She had returned to work in S4 only 10 days after the birth of her son Donovan, and she thought her character would awake from her coma by season 5. "I was not prepared," she said. "I don't think, you're ever prepared for that kind of situation. Seven years - that's a long time. I started that show. To not be finishing it is a pretty big deal for me. They went back to work on July, 24th ... on that day I thought, 'Oh, today is officially my first day of unemployment'."

The whole Cordelia's story is finished is pretty much a lame excuse. 'You're Welcome' clearly showed the potential of that character, especially for a difficult season like S5. Joss Whedon's handling of Cordy's character and his firing of Charisma Carpenter is to date one of the most aggrivating things about the whole Whedonverse for me.

kana
17-06-07, 10:30 AM
^^ i guess that's true bcuz i saw interview with both of them & Sarah said very nice things about David acting.

Now another question....

Angel could draw when he was human. I think Willow found some sketches he draw of them women in his day when he was 18 and still human.

ciderdrinker
17-06-07, 11:53 AM
Angel could draw when he was human. I think Willow found some sketches he draw of them women in his day when he was 18 and still human.

Sorry Kana but that's not exactly true. Willow found the watcher's diaries and it was in them that the drawing of the woman of the day appeared (who I always presumed to be Darla)...but I expect he could draw when he was human. In those days with no cameras etc I believe that much more emphasis was put on drawing skills (at school etc) and so most people could draw a lot better than most of us can now

Regarding Charisma leaving/being sacked - I'm sure I heard on a commentary that she wanted to concentrate more on being a mother and didn't want a full time role in the series anymore. So maybe she made those comments about being upset about leaving because she wanted to be involved in a smaller way but Joss fired her anyway.

It's sad either way, we don't like to think of our favourite characters being "sacked", but we do know that Joss does seems to be a type that has favourites (James Marsters and Amy Acker anyone? Both killed in the show and returned)

digitalMindy
17-06-07, 10:14 PM
Dracula notes the mark left by Angel when he meets Buffy. And I don't think we see it too many times after that. I think the writer's could challk the lack of scar up to the slayer's amazing healing abilities.

Do you mean that Angel is Buffy's sire? If so, then no. Angel would've had to turn Buffy in order for him to be her sire.

Salvation
17-06-07, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE

Do you mean that Angel is Buffy's sire? If so, then no. Angel would've had to turn Buffy in order for him to be her sire.[/QUOTE]

No what i mean that Demons attend to have a mate someone to spend their eternity with,someone who they share special bond .They can sense eachother presense & something like that.

KingofCretins
17-06-07, 11:46 PM
There is nothing in the series established along those lines. Although it would be hysterical for Buffy to find that out.

Salvation
17-06-07, 11:49 PM
I always thought that Joss decided to Killl Cordy off as a reation of knowing that there will no more seasons after season 5, he did it as a result of it.

Salvation
17-06-07, 11:51 PM
There is nothing in the series established along those lines. Although it would be hysterical for Buffy to find that out.

I know that they didnt said that in the show but i read it somewhere ,that when some demon mark someone specially a female that means she belongs to him.

ciderdrinker
18-06-07, 12:02 AM
No, definately not because Angel was cancelled whilst they were filming the episode "Underneath", which if memory serves is about ep 16 or 17, according to the commentary for that ep. Cordy was already dead in the series because "You're Welcome" (in which she dies) was a good few episodes before that. The decision to not include Cordy after Season 4 had been made a long time before the show was cancelled.

ciderdrinker
18-06-07, 12:06 AM
Basically, if this was the case then it was never mentioned in the show. I don't think it would have been the case in the Buffy mythology, because that would have had repercussions for the Buffy/Spike relationship, and I'm sure that Spike would have made a reference to it when he saw it.

Salvation
18-06-07, 12:15 AM
Basically, if this was the case then it was never mentioned in the show. I don't think it would have been the case in the Buffy mythology, because that would have had repercussions for the Buffy/Spike relationship, and I'm sure that Spike would have made a reference to it when he saw it.

I guess Right .

Salvation
18-06-07, 12:18 AM
Oh Bcuz someone mentioned in BuffyWorld Forum about the death of Fred that was Joss's reaction to the cancellation of the show,so i thought the same happend with Cordy.

bishopcruz
19-06-07, 05:03 PM
The only character that I believe was actually killed due to cancellation was Wesley. He was originally supposed to survive, but they decided to kill him since there was not going to be any more Angel after S5.

Salvation
22-06-07, 08:16 AM
Another question...

Could the PTB call Connor in case his father dies & Spike as long he's the son of 2 vampires,what i mean is can he be called to fight against the FE?

kana
22-06-07, 11:01 AM
Well the PTBs don't exclusively fight against FE and I imagine if the wished it they could call anyone with potential to fight to good fight vampire spawn or not.

Salvation
23-06-07, 01:11 AM
In season 4 When Cordy came back & Lorne read her,did he saw that she would be Evil or let say in better way did he saw tha she would posessed by Evil?

sherrilina
23-06-07, 02:42 AM
In season 4 When Cordy came back & Lorne read her,did he saw that she would be Evil or let say in better way did he saw tha she would posessed by Evil?
He just saw the apocalypse coming, something very bad and scary, but no specifics--he stopped reading her pretty quickly and ran off, the impressions he was getting frightened him so much. So I don't think he saw eithe of those things....

Risa
25-06-07, 12:58 AM
In some versions of vampirism, a vampire marks a human, making them a huamn servant, bound to the vampire. The servant does the will of the vampire and is rewarded, depending on the myths, a prolonged life, heightened senses, and more strength. As far as I can tell, in the Jossverse version of vampires there is no human servant. A vampire's bite does one of two things, kills or changes them. If they don't die from the bite and they are not changed, then they are a normal human being who ends up with one nasty scar.

Dorian's Kitten
25-06-07, 01:26 AM
In some versions of vampirism, a vampire marks a human, making them a huamn servant, bound to the vampire. The servant does the will of the vampire and is rewarded, depending on the myths, a prolonged life, heightened senses, and more strength. As far as I can tell, in the Jossverse version of vampires there is no human servant. A vampire's bite does one of two things, kills or changes them. If they don't die from the bite and they are not changed, then they are a normal human being who ends up with one nasty scar.

Although at least one vamp is Jossverse is able to place people under thrall, which is a bit like being bound.
It would be funny for one (or both) of our souled vamps to develop that ability.

Salvation
25-06-07, 03:37 AM
In which year The Simpsons made an episode called Homer The Vampire Slayer & which season?

Did they used the original Buffy Theme?

bishopcruz
26-06-07, 10:00 PM
What areas of Los Angeles did Angel take place in? I'm specifically wondering about where the East Hills teen center, the Hyperion, and the more kinda grungy areas of the city that Angel seemed to frequent. I was thinking the Santa Monica area, but I don't think we see the ocean that often.

Kinda a wierd question, but does anyone have any clue?

KingofCretins
27-06-07, 01:39 AM
Deliberately vague so they can travel without breaking the realism. If there's a reference to the hotel's address, it will be in early Season 2 or early Season 3, though.

Dana
29-06-07, 04:02 PM
There's this italian buffy site that has almost every song played on buffy available along with a list of the rest + angel. Sadly I've lost my bookmark for the site and can't find it, and I know it's been mentioned here (bwf) before so.. can anyone help me? :)

Risa
29-06-07, 05:04 PM
The Simpsons spoofed Buffy in the episode, Treehouse of Horror XVI on November 6, 2005. I have no idea if they played the original Buffy theme song.

carousel_girl8
30-06-07, 06:31 PM
The Simpsons spoofed Buffy in the episode, Treehouse of Horror XVI on November 6, 2005. I have no idea if they played the original Buffy theme song.

I found a video of the credits on YouTube and the Buffy theme tune was used. However it may not have been in the actual show, it could have been changed.

Dana
01-07-07, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have the poems by Cassie that was posted on her website?

Dorian's Kitten
01-07-07, 07:28 PM
This is what was in the transcript:

The sheets above me
cool my skin
like dirt
on a mad woman's grave
I rise into
the moonlight white
and watch
the mirror stare
Pale fish looks
back at me
Pale fish that will
never swim
My skin is milk
for no man to drink
My thighs unused
unclenched
This body is
not ready yet
But dirt waits for no
woman
and coins will
buy no time
I hear the chatter
of the bugs. It's they alone
will feast.

Dana
01-07-07, 09:07 PM
Thank you Dorian's Kitten, if anyone's got any of her other poems I'd love it if you could share :)

Salvation
02-07-07, 05:59 AM
I wanna ask about Doyle why his charcator were killed off, did Joss did tha so he can bring him back as the First Evil?

bishopcruz
02-07-07, 04:27 PM
Nothing horribly official. Doyle was according to most information always supposed to die, at some point. Rumors have it that Glenn Quinn had a major drug problem at the time and it was affecting his work on the show. So they killed him off earlier than intended.

There were also rumored plans to bring him back later if he cleaned up his act (a Big Bad arc), but he died before that could happen.

Salvation
03-07-07, 06:42 AM
That's so sad i really was hoping to see him back as bad,i bet it would be so intersting seeing the peaceful Doyle as the BIG BAD.

Salvation
04-07-07, 08:37 AM
Was there any signs in early years of the show that Buffy wasnt an only child after all,i mean does they show the signs way before they interduce her to us?

When Angel did knew that Buffy has a sister?

scarybunny
04-07-07, 11:23 AM
Well, there were some signs that Buffy wasn't an only child especially in Season 3 in "Faith, Hope and Trick" when she was complaining about Faith to her mum. Joyce said, "It's probably a good thing you were an only child then.."

As for when Angel knew about Buffy's sister he probably just found out like the rest of them. He had his memory tweaked so that Dawn fit in with everything.

Hope that helps

Matt
04-07-07, 08:36 PM
Thank you Dorian's Kitten, if anyone's got any of her other poems I'd love it if you could share :)

This is Cassie's other poem that was featured in the show.

I sit alone at my window sill
Trees cackle
Sunshine blares
And
Children laugh like death
Their sharp happiness is like a knife to me
One jealous snake on a window sill
They will be here, trees and sun
And children with canes and pruney skin
When I am but a memory
A laugh in the trees of time.
I sit alone and try to love them,
I sit alone, a snake
I sit alone and try to love them,
I sit alone and laugh.

Salvation
05-07-07, 07:14 AM
Yah it did help Thanks hun ^^

Salvation
05-07-07, 07:31 AM
Cody did she went to college after she moved to L.A or she went to work with Angel directly?

kana
05-07-07, 10:29 AM
After Cordy left Sunnydale, she went to LA to pursue an acting career because her parents could no longer afford to send her to college due to being prosecuted for tax fraud.

After meeting Angel and finding out about his mission to help people she helped him to set up Angel Investigations, a dectective agency which specializes in the supernatural. Hope that answers your question.

ThePoet's<3
06-07-07, 01:00 AM
Watcher question...

Okay, it's because I don't want to do the research (lazy) and am hoping someone just knows this bit of info. off the top of their heads...

Giles left the Watcher's Council, right? Did he rejoin? I know early on he was Buffy's Watcher but was then fired? Quit? What Seasons??

What exactly was his affiliation with the Watcher's Coucil in the end?

Sassy
06-07-07, 01:05 AM
He was fired in season three's Helpless, because he told Buffy about the test and "had a father's love for the girl" according to Travers. In season five's Checkpoint Buffy demanded that the counsil reinstate him at full salary with backpay. So in the end he was a Council member.

Hope that helps.

ThePoet's<3
06-07-07, 01:16 AM
Thank you Sassy!! I appreciate you answering that so quickly!! I was trying to remember after Buffy died what his position with the Watcher's Council had been.

Salvation
06-07-07, 06:19 AM
^^Thanks

i wanna ask about Angel & Spike how old were they when they sired?

Sassy
07-07-07, 03:21 AM
Angel was 26, I'm not sure about Spike.

sherrilina
07-07-07, 05:28 AM
Lol, this is a random question, but not entirely serious--what happened to Angel's Irish accent? :lol:

Sassy
07-07-07, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know if Quentin Travers was married?

vampmogs
07-07-07, 07:56 AM
It is never stated wether he was married or not, although it is possible that he was. Wes' dad was married and was once a high member of the council so we know that the duties of the council don't prevent the watchers from having relationships; even if Wes tries to use that as an excuse to Cordy in s3of Btvs ;)

But there is never any answer to that question. :)

Sassy
07-07-07, 08:00 AM
It is never stated wether he was married or not, although it is possible that he was. Wes' dad was married and was once a high member of the council so we know that the duties of the council don't prevent the watchers from having relationships; even if Wes tries to use that as an excuse to Cordy in s3of Btvs ;)

But there is never any answer to that question. :)

Thank you.

I was hopeing to have him have a son in my fic, but I need to know if he is married or not.

vampmogs
07-07-07, 08:05 AM
Thank you.

I was hopeing to have him have a son in my fic, but I need to know if he is married or not.

Well you can say he is married as no one can argue otherwise seeing that there is no proof either way. It is a greater likelihood that he was indeed married so it should work fine. You can even have a passing comment about his wife having tea and scones with Mr Wyndum Price's wife. :D

kana
07-07-07, 08:41 AM
Ha, I guess he lost it when he was living in the States. I think he sounded a little Irish when he was reminiscing about the price of food, drink and women in Belonging lol.

vampmogs
08-07-07, 01:53 AM
Didn't Penn's accent become more American as well? I think it just depends on how much time a vampire spends in one place. From what we know Angel remained in America since the World War II which is a good few years to pick up the accent, especially when for so long he'd been out of Ireland and travelling everywhere. We don't know where Penn had spent most of his time but do know he had been in LA before, and Boston before that.

Penn's accent was rather strange through, does anyone know the exact nationality of the actor?

vampmogs
08-07-07, 01:56 AM
I wanna ask about Doyle why his charcator were killed off, did Joss did tha so he can bring him back as the First Evil?

The First had no real part in Ats and didn't play a big role in Btvs until s7. It is very unlikely Joss ever killed Doyle off so he could eventually play as the First Evil because that was a big bad for Btvs. Joss states that Doyle was always intended to die early to surprise the fans and make them realise that no character is ultimately safe. He makes comparisons with the character Jesse in the pilot of Btvs. He stated that he hoped to have Jesse in the opening credits for that episode to lure viewers into a false sense of security, only to have Jesse killed in that very episode. However, the WB wouldn't allow the actor to be in the credits if he was only to appear in the opening two-parter.

Apparently if Glenn cleaned up his act Joss was going to bring Doyle back as the Big bad in s4 instead of turning Cordy evil, however sadly Glenn never did clean up his act and died of a drug overdose on his friend's sofa.

Salvation
08-07-07, 05:12 AM
How Old was James when he Joined The Show?

sherrilina
08-07-07, 06:02 AM
Okay, so reading the comics finally raised a big q for me, though not one that can perhaps be answered here--why the hell were there so many Watchers, when there was only one slayer? What on earth did the other watchers do with themselves--why did they need so many, when at most only one could serve? How did they even choose who got to be employed as a Watcher for the slayer?

Though it seems like some Potentials already had Watchers before they were called...in that case, how did the girls (like Kendra, or Kennedy) know that they were Potentials, or how did their peopel know? Why did some get Watchers early, when they might not have even ever become slayers, and others never see a Watcher until they are called? It doesn't make much sense...

And I suppose whoever gets called in the first place is just at random? Like, it could have easily been Kendra first, etc?

ThePoet's<3
08-07-07, 06:31 AM
How Old was James when he Joined The Show?

James first appeared in the episode Schooled Hard in 1997 which would have made him 35 years old.

When he joined the cast in the episode Harsh Light of Day he was 37 y/o.

He was a sexy 41 y/o when Buffy Season 7 finished.

Of the characters - he and Anthony S. Head were the oldest.

Sarah was 24 y/o and James was 39 y/o when Smashed aired. There was 15 years between the two of them!

There were 18 years between he and Mercedes McNabb (Harmony)!

KingofCretins
08-07-07, 06:39 AM
There were so many Watchers because their mission included identifying and contacting all the potentials in every generation, taking them all under their guidance and training, and making sure each is ready to be called if they are. That's the only aspect that wasn't something the Council knew beforehand. The premise that launched the show is that Buffy basically slipped through the cracks and was never even approached by a Watcher until after she became the Slayer.

How the Council knows which are potential Slayers? No idea. It might be entirely speculative, based on observed athleticism or other aspects. Maybe there's some kind of magical indicator for them. This should have probably been brought up in Season 7.

ThePoet's<3
08-07-07, 06:40 AM
Okay, so reading the comics finally raised a big q for me, though not one that can perhaps be answered here--why the hell were there so many Watchers, when there was only one slayer? What on earth did the other watchers do with themselves--why did they need so many, when at most only one could serve? How did they even choose who got to be employed as a Watcher for the slayer?

Though it seems like some Potentials already had Watchers before they were called...in that case, how did the girls (like Kendra, or Kennedy) know that they were Potentials, or how did their peopel know? Why did some get Watchers early, when they might not have even ever become slayers, and others never see a Watcher until they are called? It doesn't make much sense...

And I suppose whoever gets called in the first place is just at random? Like, it could have easily been Kendra first, etc?

I was actually wondering that very same thing the other day Sherrilina!

My thoughts on the matter is that the Council must know who the Potential Slayers are. They are sent Watcher's sometime in their lives. I know in the BtVS movie it seems that Buffy's Watcher had been looking for her for a long time. That he didn't get to train her as long as he wanted too. (this is the first Watcher - the one we are to forget ever existed before Giles)

But as we saw in S7 many of the Potentials had Watcher's. And Kendra had a Watcher - so did Faith.

However, this subject is not "expanded" on very much in the series. I think we are left to wonder about most of it.

KingofCretins
08-07-07, 06:46 AM
Thankfully for the Scoobies, Slayers are a lot less subtle than potentials. Really can find most of the Slayers by tracking the news wires as well as using their various mystics.

Salvation
08-07-07, 08:34 AM
James first appeared in the episode Schooled Hard in 1997 which would have made him 35 years old.

When he joined the cast in the episode Harsh Light of Day he was 37 y/o.

He was a sexy 41 y/o when Buffy Season 7 finished.

Of the characters - he and Anthony S. Head were the oldest.

Sarah was 24 y/o and James was 39 y/o when Smashed aired. There was 15 years between the two of them!

There were 18 years between he and Mercedes McNabb (Harmony)!

I cant believe it is that means he's older than David , wow i always thought that David is the older one not James!!

Ameer
08-07-07, 08:46 AM
The Potentials were probably identified by doing a locator spell like the one Willow did in the episode Potential, to locate Amanda. Either that or they must have some other, more effective technique. I've always wondered why Buffy could never be located, though.

kana
08-07-07, 09:53 AM
Penn's accent was rather strange through, does anyone know the exact nationality of the actor?

Jeremy Renner is American. He was born in California.

vampmogs
08-07-07, 10:16 AM
Jeremy Renner is American. He was born in California.

Was it just me or did his accent differ from when we saw Penn in the past to the present in LA? Perhaps it is just because his voice tends to change back and forth.. or maybe I'm just weird. :s

Salvation
09-07-07, 08:59 AM
If Liam is Angel real name & Spike's is Willaim then why they called Angel & Spike ,who chosed these names for them ?

vampmogs
09-07-07, 09:24 AM
If Liam is Angel real name & Spike's is Willaim then why they called Angel & Spike ,who chosed these names for them ?

After being turned Liam became Angelus, the latin term for Angel. It was his way of going against god, being anything but an Angel; the Master thought it was very clever. After getting his soul his name was changed to Angel because he was good; hence we have Angel and Angelus.

Spike's real name is William but he is actually known by three names. He is known as William, then as William as the Bloody because of his bloody awful poetry, although later the name becomes more sinister because he killed people. Angelus then teases William about his name so he begins calling himself Spike, a name given to him because he tortured his victims with railroad Spikes.

Salvation
09-07-07, 09:28 AM
WOW

Another question how do you know all this information,it seemed to me that you know alot.

vampmogs
09-07-07, 09:41 AM
WOW

Another question how do you know all this information,it seemed to me that you know alot.

I have all the episodes of Btvs and Ats and have watched them so many times, you get to know things like this :D It is all stated in the episodes you just have to remember it is all :)

Salvation
09-07-07, 09:43 AM
I have to watch all the episodes to know all these things instead of asking & bothering other people...

Thanks dear^^

vampmogs
09-07-07, 09:51 AM
I have to watch all the episodes to know all these things instead of asking & bothering other people...

Thanks dear^^

This place is for asking questions so by all means do so. Although it would be good to watch all the episodes :roll:

Salvation
09-07-07, 10:00 AM
Is it true that David's First wife thorugh him out from their home bcuz he had a thing for Sarah?

vampmogs
09-07-07, 12:22 PM
Is it true that David's First wife thorugh him out from their home bcuz he had a thing for Sarah?

Nothing more than a rumour that no one but David or his ex wife would have the answer to. Although, there are many reports stating that both DB and SMG were extremely friendly on set, always continuing to kiss after takes and there are many pictures out there of them getting food together during the nights. There are also several images where you will see SMG sitting on DB's lap during takes on set but this could all just be because they were very friendly together.

Many people believed they must have been an item because of their chemistry on screen.

sherrilina
09-07-07, 02:29 PM
Nothing more than a rumour that no one but David or his ex wife would have the answer to. Although, there are many reports stating that both DB and SMG were extremely friendly on set, always continuing to kiss after takes and there are many pictures out there of them getting food together during the nights. There are also several images where you will see SMG sitting on DB's lap during takes on set but this could all just be because they were very friendly together.

Many people believed they must have been an item because of their chemistry on screen.
The thing is, David also behaves the same way with Emily Deschanel, his co-star on his new show Bones--they're always all over each other when together at premieres, and according to Emily he often tries to kiss her, lol, and you should see them in interviews together--there's one on the Fox Bones website, watch the vid "David and Emily hit it off"--they often hold hands, etc. So maybe that's just the way David often acts around his co-stars?

vampmogs
09-07-07, 02:43 PM
The thing is, David also behaves the same way with Emily Deschanel, his co-star on his new show Bones--they're always all over each other when together at premieres, and according to Emily he often tries to kiss her, lol, and you should see them in interviews together--there's one on the Fox Bones website, watch the vid "David and Emily hit it off"--they often hold hands, etc. So maybe that's just the way David often acts around his co-stars?

But IMO SMG doesn't usually act this was, I just think the two were very comfortable together. Wether it was anything more than being friends I don't know, no one but the two of them really would, but it obviously didn't go anywhere.

Salvation
10-07-07, 07:31 AM
But IMO SMG doesn't usually act this was, I just think the two were very comfortable together. Wether it was anything more than being friends I don't know, no one but the two of them really would, but it obviously didn't go anywhere.

I read alot about their friendship & even heard SMG talked about it many times in interviews during they were shotting the show,i saw some pix but never the one were they were eating out or anything.

It would be intersting if they end up together, i know they are both married & happy but i wonder what would be look like seeing them together dating in real life (Girl allowed to dream :roll: )

sherrilina
10-07-07, 02:04 PM
I read alot about their friendship & even heard SMG talked about it many times in interviews during they were shotting the show,i saw some pix but never the one were they were eating out or anything.

It would be intersting if they end up together, i know they are both married & happy but i wonder what would be look like seeing them together dating in real life (Girl allowed to dream :roll: )
Have they still remained close though--have they really spent any time together since they stopped working on BTVS together? :s I'd hardley think they'd start now.....

Besides, at present David is too busy being "very friendly" with Emily! ;)

http://www.beyond-bickering.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=238&pos=0

http://www.beyond-bickering.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=0

http://www.beyond-bickering.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=317&pos=1

Salvation
11-07-07, 07:37 AM
I know what you mean but in his Pix with Emily it's more like Friends fooling around & having fun his pix with Sarah it's more intimate well it least to me.

sherrilina
11-07-07, 03:20 PM
I know what you mean but in his Pix with Emily it's more like Friends fooling around & having fun his pix with Sarah it's more intimate well it least to me.
Well what are these pics that make you think so? I'd be interested to see them....

Goddess Guidance
12-07-07, 12:35 PM
How would Cordy have become evil in season 4 if Charisma hadn't got pregnant? When I watched season 3 the first time, I thought she was going to turn evil when she became part demon.

Goddess Guidance
12-07-07, 12:43 PM
Will Dawn remain a giant forever? How does she interact withe everyone else? Can she fit in a house? If not where does she live?

KingofCretins
12-07-07, 03:19 PM
Season 8 questions should be spoiler-tagged unless they are asked on the Season 8 forum.

She lives on the castle grounds in a sheltered area, presumably where we saw Buffy go visit her. I'm sure she won't always be a giant. I'm more curious about what she eats.

LRae12
12-07-07, 03:35 PM
I don't think that was the initial storyline that was planned for Cordelia...Joss & Co came up with it to work in her pregnancy.

Leigh
13-07-07, 02:09 AM
The only character that I believe was actually killed due to cancellation was Wesley. He was originally supposed to survive, but they decided to kill him since there was not going to be any more Angel after S5.

Wesley was my favorite character and I was heartbroken when he was killed off. And I always wondered why JM's got credited first and AD afterwards when Spike became a regular on the Angel show. Both JM and AD are really talented, though.

Just my .02

Goddess Guidance
13-07-07, 10:29 AM
I don't think that was the initial storyline that was planned for Cordelia...Joss & Co came up with it to work in her pregnancy.

People were saying that it was planned for Charisma to be evil in season 4...That she was supossed to physically battle it out with Angel. Still evil but not pregnant and hijacked.

Wesley was my favorite character and I was heartbroken when he was killed off. And I always wondered why JM's got credited first and AD afterwards when Spike became a regular on the Angel show. Both JM and AD are really talented, though.

Just my .02

Alexis was credited as "And Alexis Denisof," which is the better position.

sherrilina
13-07-07, 04:09 PM

Just my .02
So is first and last position always best? And doesn't the last position have to do with physical age as well, not necessarily with position on the show (b/c otherwise, Cordy is more important on Angel than Wes is, especially in season 1).

I like to think that JM took Cordy's place in the credits b/c he was Angel's new love interest! :lol: But it does make sense that he did, since he was essentially taking Cordy's place on Angel....

amy1234
13-07-07, 05:46 PM
This hs always annoyed me that in most tv shows like angel or buffy, they always emphasis the powers and then later on you think why dont they jump over it like they did in the 1st episode.
Like in buffy where she jumped over that gate at the begining of wtth and then on angel when he jumped straight over the wall of the mansion to save cordy from a vampire, that really bugs me.
Some people say its to get you hooked into the show but why lie and say that there powers are stronger than they actually are!
OOOOOh it annoys me LOL :<

kana
14-07-07, 03:46 AM
This hs always annoyed me that in most tv shows like angel or buffy, they always emphasis the powers and then later on you think why dont they jump over it like they did in the 1st episode.
Like in buffy where she jumped over that gate at the begining of wtth and then on angel when he jumped straight over the wall of the mansion to save cordy from a vampire, that really bugs me.
Some people say its to get you hooked into the show but why lie and say that there powers are stronger than they actually are!
OOOOOh it annoys me LOL :<

I don't really understand what you mean. I mean there have been a few inconsistencies but I don't see how you can have a problem with the examples you've given. Angel and Buffy don't have to jump around all the time, only when they need to ad in any respect the two of them have shown other feats of paternatural ability.

Salvation
14-07-07, 10:39 AM
Well what are these pics that make you think so? I'd be interested to see them....

Here's the pix you've seen em before.........maybe it means nothing to you but it does to me :heart:

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=25&pos=3

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/gallery/displayimage.php?album=29&pos=2

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=25&pos=7

Storm_Warning
14-07-07, 02:30 PM
Hi all. Got two questions.

In season four of Angel, the first dude who attacks Jasmine seemingly had no contact with Jasmine or her blood, yet can see her for what she 'really is'. Does anyone know why he could? Or was it just Lady Luck kicking Jasmine in the preverbial dinglies?

And in season five of Angel, Spike's ghost-like state, does he ever actually get 'cured' of that? Or does he just work out how touch things after Hellbound? Also, wasn't he bound to the Wolfram & Hart building or something? Or did that go after Hellbound as well?

... We really need the 'Ask the Experts' section back. :( I liked that.

Goddess Guidance
14-07-07, 02:55 PM
So is first and last position always best? And doesn't the last position have to do with physical age as well, not necessarily with position on the show (b/c otherwise, Cordy is more important on Angel than Wes is, especially in season 1).

I like to think that JM took Cordy's place in the credits b/c he was Angel's new love interest! :lol: But it does make sense that he did, since he was essentially taking Cordy's place on Angel....

It depends. When your name is last it doesn't mean anything special unless it says "And Alexis Denisof as or "With Alexis Denisof." It has to say something else with your name.

Some shows just put the names in alphabetical order.

I heard Holly Marie Combs had to make a fuss to get credited that way on Charmed. She is yonger than Rose Mcgowan.

LRae12
14-07-07, 03:29 PM
Hi all. Got two questions.

In season four of Angel, the first dude who attacks Jasmine seemingly had no contact with Jasmine or her blood, yet can see her for what she 'really is'. Does anyone know why he could? Or was it just Lady Luck kicking Jasmine in the preverbial dinglies?

And in season five of Angel, Spike's ghost-like state, does he ever actually get 'cured' of that? Or does he just work out how touch things after Hellbound? Also, wasn't he bound to the Wolfram & Hart building or something? Or did that go after Hellbound as well?

... We really need the 'Ask the Experts' section back. :( I liked that.

Well, in the General Jossverse Discussion Thread there is a section for Random Angel questions...;)

To answer your second question, Spike was bound to W&H in his ghost-like state and he did learn to touch and move things in Hellbound. However a few episodes later, in Destiny, he receives a package in the mail that when he opens it flashes and 'poof' he's corporeal again. So, he was 'cured' of that...:)

As far as the Jasmine question, I honestly don't remember - wasn't a big fan of the storyline so I haven't watched that season as much as others...;)

Storm_Warning
14-07-07, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that bit... Is it bad that I'm attempting to write an Angel Season 6 VS when I haven't watched season 5 in like, a year?... Must go buy that once I have money...

Lyri
14-07-07, 04:50 PM
ok, the Jasmin question...Jasmin got cut during the fight in the bowling alley, and she bled. as far as i can remember, the guy runs past her, and somehow got into contact with her blood. it's not very clear in the actual ep, but i'm assuming that that's what's supposed to have happened.

vampmogs
15-07-07, 02:33 AM
Yeah as Lyri states, Jasmine was cut by a vampire in the fight in the bowling alley. The man came in contact with Jasmine's blood and this is why he saw her true face. However, this is supposed to be implied rather than directly shown as at this point we weren't supposed to know it was Jasmine's blood that made people see her for what she was.

Notedly, the real question is why the man's face turned deformed on one side, no one elses did after coming into contact with her blood. And unlike Angel and Fred who actually had to see Jasmine before realising what she was, for some reason Wes, Lorne and Gunn only had to come into contact with the blood for the spell to wear off, they never actually saw Jasmine before being miserable that they knew the truth. In The Magic Bullet Fred shoots the bullet through Jasmine and into Angel, causing her blood to go into him. However, Angel leaps over attacks friend and doesn't seem effected at all until Fred tells him to look at Jasmine, which is when the effects of the spell then wear off. However, Gunn, Wes and Lorne never saw Jasmine and the spell immediatly wore off.

Storm_Warning
15-07-07, 07:41 AM
Well for the dude whose face got demonised, I thought it was something that Jasmine did directly to him. To punish him or something. 'Cause, if I'm not mistaken, the side that got mutated was the side that Jasmine touched after Angel beat him up.

Perhaps with Gunn, Wes and Lorne, because Jasmines magic was so powerful on them at that point, that they felt the love go imediantly. Perhaps, as Fred and Angel got her blood slightly earlier, it took time for the effect of the blood to come in to play.

Julian
15-07-07, 10:02 AM
Blood apparently has a lot of effect on Jasmine. There was an episode, i think, that said blood magic as the most powerful and primal of all magics. Cordy's Blood basically destroyed Jasmine's illusion mojo, as well as the matter of her name which destroys her power (which is pretty lovecraft by the way). Connor, oddly seems to be the only one who was special in the matter as he was immuned, blood or no blood.

Salvation
16-07-07, 10:54 AM
I asked this question before in the former Buffy forum but idnt get the answer,so here's the question again:

-Does Buffy knew about Connor & if she does who told her about him?

Llywela
16-07-07, 10:59 AM
We don't really know, is the simple answer to that - it is never made explicit on-screen.

The chances are that Buffy did know of Connor's existence, since when Willow came to visit and help out in AtS season four she already knew who he was without having to be told. If Willow knew it seems safe to assume that Buffy also knew. Just how they found out and who told them, we are never told. But we do know that Cordelia and Willow remained in touch after Cordelia left Sunnydale, exchanging phone calls and so on. So the chances are that Cordelia passed on the news. But we aren't told for sure.

KingofCretins
16-07-07, 12:31 PM
I agree with Llywela, Buffy had to know because Willow knew and Willow wouldn't have sat on that one.

But, of course, she may not know now, because of the whole pillaging of memory thing Angel agreed to when he took the W&H job.

Salvation
18-07-07, 12:27 PM
But, of course, she may not know now, because of the whole pillaging of memory thing Angel agreed to when he took the W&H job.

WHAT I thought that worked only on his team!!!

omri
18-07-07, 05:36 PM
Does any body know what is the name of the episode where you can see Angelos kill his father? Thanks A lot!

ciderdrinker
18-07-07, 05:38 PM
I presume you mean his own father - as in Liam's father. That would be The Prodigal

omri
18-07-07, 05:46 PM
Thanks you ciderdrinker!@

Sassy
19-07-07, 08:19 AM
WHAT I thought that worked only on his team!!!

I'm pretty sure it worked on anyone who knew/knew about Conner. I think in the orginal script of Chosen(or End Of Day, not sure which) Angel was going to tell Buffy about Connor and Cordy.

Llywela
19-07-07, 10:02 AM
Yes. It makes sense that the spell to re-write history to insert Connor into a new family would work on anyone who might have ever encountered him - both in his true history and in the newly created one. It would have to, wouldn't it, otherwise the whole thing would fall apart. If only Team Angel were affected, anyone else who knew them could have happened along (Willow, for example, who we saw meeting Connor in season four) been puzzled by Connor's disappearance and started asking tricky questions. And all the people connected to his new family, even tangentially - they would all need to have their memories re-written to include him. Thus, I think it's safe to say the spell was a kind of global replace, a bit like the one that created Dawn was. It would be the only way to ensure its success.

Ahm Shere
19-07-07, 10:36 AM
OK< I've been thinking way back to when Buffy Season 6, and then I got thinking about Seeing Red. And the AR scene. I never remembered the scene as being that ''graphic'' or long as it is on the DVD. Was it edited on the small screen to make it suitable for a 6:00 show? Or was it just as long and as ''graphic'' as the DVD, and I was just too young and innocent? I honestly can't remember and it is bugging me.

Salvation
19-07-07, 11:36 AM
What Happend to Angel's Claddagh ring?

kana
19-07-07, 12:22 PM
I don't think there is a clear cut answer to that. Perhaps he took if off and tossed it when he was Angelus or lost it in hell.

Llywela
19-07-07, 12:44 PM
You will have watched it on the Beeb, no? Yes, there would have been considerable editing for broadcast at that time of the evening.

Salvation
19-07-07, 02:24 PM
Does the ring means anything to him,ths ring could be considered as Engaggement ring.Does he have it when he was with Darla?

Llywela
19-07-07, 02:34 PM
The ring is - or was - important to Angel because it was something he shared with Buffy, a symbol of their relationship. They had one each. Darla never came into it.

sherrilina
19-07-07, 02:53 PM
The ring is - or was - important to Angel because it was something he shared with Buffy, a symbol of their relationship. They had one each. Darla never came into it.
Was he wearing the ring before he gave Buffy hers though?

And shouldn't this be in the BTVS q thread? But yeah, when he returns from Hell he definitely doesn't have the ring, and I think Buffy's ring disappears as well--so after F,H,&T there are no more claddagh rings! ;)

It's not really an engagement ring though--it wasn't like he had proposed to Buffy--just a symbol of their relationship, as Llywela said.

sherrilina
19-07-07, 03:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it worked on anyone who knew/knew about Conner. I think in the orginal script of Chosen(or End Of Day, not sure which) Angel was going to tell Buffy about Connor and Cordy.
I heard that too, though I'm glad they didn't--as much as I'd love seeing Buffy's reaction now to the news (esp. Cordy! :p), it really had no place on BTVS, since it ws ATS stuff, and would have confused the hell out of non-ATS BTVS viewers (like myself, when I watched Chosen)--which is really unfair in the BTVS finale--only BTVS stuff belonged in it....

ciderdrinker
19-07-07, 03:12 PM
I heard that too, though I'm glad they didn't--as much as I'd love seeing Buffy's reaction now to the news (esp. Cordy! :p), it really had no place on BTVS, since it ws ATS stuff, and would have confused the hell out of non-ATS BTVS viewers (like myself, when I watched Chosen)--which is really unfair in the BTVS finale--only BTVS stuff belonged in it....

I think that was the reason they didn't include it.

Regarding the AR scene on the BBC, yes it would have been very edited - if they even showed the ep at all. I know that on Sky One they won't show "The Body" for example. They go straight from "I Was Made To Love You" to "Forever"

ciderdrinker
19-07-07, 03:25 PM
The Claddagh ring of Angel's is turned around after he sleeps with Buffy in "Innocence", which I thought was a very cool continuity thing (as the way you wear it shows whether you are taken or not), but it's never seen after Buffy sends him to hell. All his clothes disappeared as well, so I guess it went with the rest of his clothes. I think it's a shame that he never got another one, as it is traditional for the Irish around Galway to wear them all the time.

BTW, the Irish do exchange them as engagement rings and wedding rings, but that didn't seem the reason he gave it to Buffy - it was less of a commitment to each other - a "going steady" ring, perhaps. Maybe, wearing one was too painful a memory for him after he split up with Buffy?

Ahm Shere
19-07-07, 07:55 PM
OK thanks. I thought it wasn't just me. They definatly aired it. I just couldn't remember it being that long :D So thanks :p

omri
20-07-07, 01:22 AM
Hey Guys,
I wonder if any one might know what is the name of the tune that's being played when buffy realize she needs to jump in the gift. It also played when she tells dawn and stuff.

redrevo
20-07-07, 01:35 AM
It's called "The Sacrifice" and was arranged by Christophe Beck, who did the score in all the early seasons.

omri
20-07-07, 01:53 AM
Thanks redrevo!. Could you tell me where i might get it?

vampmogs
20-07-07, 02:29 PM
Thanks redrevo!. Could you tell me where i might get it?

If you write the name of the song and the composer of it into Isohunt you may be able to get a copy of it; although I don't know for certain.

omri
20-07-07, 02:41 PM
Ummm... Thanks~ I will definetly try that :)

sherrilina
20-07-07, 02:50 PM
Ummm... Thanks~ I will definetly try that :)
It's also included on the "Once More With Feeling" Soundtrack, which you can buy on iTunes and in stores.

NimNams
21-07-07, 02:50 AM
This has bugged me since I first saw the s6ep20 episode, 'Villains. Joss makes a point of repeatedly mentioning that Buffy has died twice - a quickie drowning at the hands of the Master and a much longer jump into the dimensional void. Never does he mention the third Buffy death (that I can find), her brief flatlining in the hospital after Dark Willow dismisses all the doctors.

I know that she's under for all of a minute, but that's still one solid minute of dead Buffy. Really, it's not too far off from her first death, as far as length goes. Why is this death always ignored? Am I missing something?

Mabus
21-07-07, 03:13 AM
Um, it's not entirely clear that Buffy is really flatlining, and I think that's why you're having problems. Willow shoves all the equipment away from Buffy, disconnecting it IIRC. As medical equipment doesn't know the difference between death and losing contact with the patient, it responds as if Buffy has flatlined, but nothing is wrong with her that wasn't wrong a moment before.

KingofCretins
21-07-07, 03:24 AM
I think Mabus is correct, there's no explicit confirmation that Buffy actually coded on the table in that scene. I don't tend to think that she did. Willow tells her that if she wasn't using magic again, Buffy would be dead, but I think that was more a dismissal of the chances the doctors could have saved her and not saying that she had brought her back. Plus, if she had obtained that type of power, she would have gone straight back to Tara. And, as they said, Willow can't do it.

Valyssia
21-07-07, 03:24 AM
What Mabus said and...

"I died thrice,"

not quite as catchy as...

"I died twice."

It's close but just...well... Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as cleanly...bit harder to type...it's just clunkier...

Actually that's an interesting point though... Something that hadn't occurred to me. Through out the run of the series Buffy has two stable best friends. Other's slip into her life and then fade for whatever reason. Both of those friends bring her back from the dead. I tend to ignore the first season, by and large so it hadn't hit me quite that way yet... Thanks.

You're right...the first death...pretty lame... First season. *sigh*

Sounds like she'd better get another friend or the third time will be the charmer.

Valyssia

vampmogs
21-07-07, 05:55 AM
I don't believe she died at all. Willow entered the room and immediatly all the electrical equipment, including the lights were immediatly effected. There is no reason to think the same didn't happen to the heart monitor, as Mabus said it can't tell the difference from a person being dead or being un connected to that person.

omri
21-07-07, 08:10 AM
She didn't died at villains, But she did died in the wish. If you count that she died 3 times.

Valyssia
21-07-07, 09:06 AM
That was actually a better death than the one in S1. I demand a rewrite!!! Pity is was AU stuff. Even if it did wear the Mutant Enemy label it still, really doesn't count. Does it? On a technical level? It would be the same as her dieing in a dream IMO. But it was a good death... Almost Klingon sort of good...Buffy would have gone to that Klingon heaven that I can barely pronounce, let alone spell, and everything... If the trio were writing the show. ;)

Valyssia

omri
21-07-07, 09:55 AM
Ummm... I think it does count. They changed the reality by a wish... It's the same thing to bring buffy back to life by magic in season 6!

omri
21-07-07, 09:59 AM
Thanks! You guys are so helpful ;)

Ojuice5001
21-07-07, 02:39 PM
When Amy refers to Warren as her boyfriend, does she mean that the two of them engage in any kind of intimate physical contact? Since Warren is a skinless freak, it's obvious that that would be a more repulsive thing to do than you would expect from someone who should be able to attract a boyfriend who still has his skin.

Or maybe Amy has a magical way to deal with the problem. Maybe she can temporarily give him his skin back, or at least create an illusion that this has happened. Or maybe they're like Willow and Tara, when they cast spells together and it's an act of intimacy that seems to be just as satisfying as sexual contact. Or is it just a platonic thing?

How does it work? :confused:

vampmogs
21-07-07, 02:57 PM
When Amy refers to Warren as her boyfriend, does she mean that the two of them engage in any kind of intimate physical contact? Since Warren is a skinless freak, it's obvious that that would be a more repulsive thing to do than you would expect from someone who should be able to attract a boyfriend who still has his skin.

Or maybe Amy has a magical way to deal with the problem. Maybe she can temporarily give him his skin back, or at least create an illusion that this has happened. Or maybe they're like Willow and Tara, when they cast spells together and it's an act of intimacy that seems to be just as satisfying as sexual contact. Or is it just a platonic thing?

Well the army science guy tells Voll to try and not picture it, so I think it is implied they did have sex and Warren was skinless through out- which makes it all the more disgusting. However, it is also stated that Amy went a little crazy down in the crater and fed off anyone else who was down there, so turning psychotic and becoming a cannibal were also on the list of Amy's disgusting accomplishments.

Ummm... I think it does count. They changed the reality by a wish... It's the same thing to bring buffy back to life by magic in season 6!

Well not really, this was an alternate Buffy- not the one we know and love. There are different realities and that was one of them, in that reality that Buffy died. But the Buffy we know and follow never died like this and therefore we can't count it as a death she has been through.

amy1234
22-07-07, 05:51 PM
Ok i'm in the middle of seaon 1 of angel again and i was thinking, whatever happens to kate, shes in s1 but i cant remember her in s2, what happened to her??

kana
22-07-07, 09:19 PM
She was in Season 2 and continued her vendetta against Angel but she got fired for obssessing over 'chasing monsters'. Angel prevented her subsequent suicide attempt to which she was greatful. The two of them eventually reached an understanding but since then she was never seen on the show again.

Matt
26-07-07, 08:41 PM
This is gonna sound really stupid, but oh well.

When Angel got his soul back, or when he moved to Sunnydale at least, why did Angel call himself Angel? Why didn't he use his human name, Liam?

I mean, wouldn't the name Liam have drawn less attention to him than the name Angel?

galathea
26-07-07, 08:51 PM
This is gonna sound really stupid, but oh well.

When Angel got his soul back, or when he moved to Sunnydale at least, why did Angel call himself Angel? Why didn't he use his human name, Liam?

I mean, wouldn't the name Liam have drawn less attention to him than the name Angel? In the episode 'The Prodigal' Angel mentions that after he was vamped by Darla and came back to his father's house to kill his family, his little sister Kathy let him in because she thought her brother had returned to her as an Angel. That's why he took that name and I gathered that he kept that up after he got his soul as a memory to his sister.

kana
26-07-07, 09:12 PM
Also Angel perhaps wanted to seperate himself himself from his human and demon self, both of which he was not particularly proud.

Matt
26-07-07, 09:33 PM
But if his sister had thought he was an Angel and then he'd killed her, surely he'd want as little as possible to do with the demon that had killed his sister?

I get that he wasn't proud of either his human or his demonic self, but I don't get why he didn't choose a more human name so that he fitted in more because it's not like he wanted to stand out from the crowd.

galathea
26-07-07, 09:44 PM
But if his sister had thought he was an Angel and then he'd killed her, surely he'd want as little as possible to do with the demon that had killed his sister?

I get that he wasn't proud of either his human or his demonic self, but I don't get why he didn't choose a more human name so that he fitted in more because it's not like he wanted to stand out from the crowd. Well, for Angelus is was just a sick pleasure to take that name and for Angel it could be more of a penance and reminder of what he had done as a demon. Angel always liked to have his guilty trip ;) :D

Apart from some situations (for example when he stayed in Hotels) I don't think there was any real necessity for him to change his name, since he mainly avoided people, even in Sunnydale he mostly had contact to Buffy. When in LA he could've changed his name I guess, but then he didn't really provide a service that he could advertise (even if Cordy wanted him to :lol: ).

sherrilina
26-07-07, 09:47 PM
In the episode 'The Prodigal' Angel mentions that after he was vamped by Darla and came back to his father's house to kill his family, his little sister Kathy let him in because she thought her brother had returned to her as an Angel. That's why he took that name and I gathered that he kept that up after he got his soul as a memory to his sister.
So THAT's who Kathy is--his sister's name? Is this ever mentioned on the show? I don't remember it from the flashbacks or anything....

galathea
26-07-07, 10:45 PM
So THAT's who Kathy is--his sister's name? Is this ever mentioned on the show? I don't remember it from the flashbacks or anything.... Yes, her name is mentioned in said episode 'The Prodigal'. When he leaves his home and says goodbye to his mother and sister, he strokes her cheek and says: “Sweet Kathy. No tears. We’ll meet again.”

;)

kana
26-07-07, 10:53 PM
Perhaps "Angel" is reminder of what he's done without totally accepting it.

Goddess Guidance
27-07-07, 01:13 AM
Was there a gang rape metaphor for season 7? If so, what happened in that season to represent that? Thanks for answering my other question.

vampmogs
27-07-07, 03:45 AM
Was there a gang rape metaphor for season 7? If so, what happened in that season to represent that? Thanks for answering my other question.

Yeah it took place in Get It Done. Buffy travels through a portal to meet the Shadow men, the very first Watchers who created the First Slayer. They knock Buffy out and bring her to a cave where they chain her to the ground. As they do this they release the demon essence that made the first slayer, and the essence violates her, goes into her against her will. Buffy says in the ep, "do you think I came all this way just to get knocked up by some demon dust?" Basically this is like a group of men taking a girl back to their place and having sex with her against her will, and it isn't a surprise Marti Noxon wrote this.

Salvation
27-07-07, 10:35 PM
Can we consider Buffy & Angel are ENGAGGED since he gave her a ring which is in some point is an engaggement ring to Irish?

Matt
29-07-07, 09:55 AM
Okay, reading what you said, I've realised why he kept the name Angel.

It was because he wanted to be constantly reminded of what he'd done before so that he could atone for it, if he'd chosen a completely new name it'd be like he could just forget everything he'd done before and not atone.

Goddess Guidance
04-08-07, 10:58 PM
Thanks Vamps!

If Angel really wasn't possed in "The Shroud of Rahmon," why was his eyes lighting up and stuff?

On my dvd the last scene I see in TSOR, is the flash back of how Angel saved Kate. Then the dvd jumps back to the menu(no credits or anything). What happened after that scene? Did Kate thank Angel?

In the end of "She," we see clips of Angel and Wes dancing. Does any other episode have clips at the end?

Salvation
04-08-07, 11:47 PM
I got couple of questions........

-What's Angel full name?
-Where did he get the moeny you know he lived in tha Mansion after he came back from hell in BTVS season 3,then he moved to L.A & lived in that buliding before they all moved in to the hotel.Where did he got the moeny to pay the bills ?

galathea
04-08-07, 11:58 PM
1. We don't know Angels full name, we only know his first name was Liam.
2. I think the Mansion in BtVS was an abandoned building, it was dilapidated when he moved in
3. The money Judy (from AYKOHYEB) stole from her bank and then hid with Angels help in the basement of the Hyperion was still there 50 yrs later. I think he took that to buy the hotel. After that Nabbit helped him with financial dealings, showed him how to financially keep the hotel. We also see Nabbit pay Angel a generous amount of money for his help in S1.

kana
05-08-07, 08:22 AM
Thanks Vamps!

If Angel really wasn't possed in "The Shroud of Rahmon," why was his eyes lighting up and stuff?

On my dvd the last scene I see in TSOR, is the flash back of how Angel saved Kate. Then the dvd jumps back to the menu(no credits or anything). What happened after that scene? Did Kate thank Angel?

In the end of "She," we see clips of Angel and Wes dancing. Does any other episode have clips at the end?

Angel wasn't possessed but he was influenced by the Shroud but he managed to fight against it and save Kate, and destroy the shroud.

Kate didn't thank Angel, he just let Wesley go.

At the end of Judgement, we see David Boreanaz singing Mandy.

Veverka
05-08-07, 12:54 PM
Buffy says in the ep, "do you think I came all this way just to get knocked up by some demon dust?" Basically this is like a group of men taking a girl back to their place and having sex with her against her will, and it isn't a surprise Marti Noxon wrote this.

Aaah, Vampmogs... tell us how you really feel about Marti Noxon...:roll:

Can we consider Buffy & Angel are ENGAGGED since he gave her a ring which is in some point is an engaggement ring to Irish?

On a more serious note, I think while probably this ring can be an engagement ring (?) in this case it was just a ring... a boyfriend/girlfriend ring of commitment and love, but not marriage. So no, I think we cannot consider Buffy/Angel engaged at any point.

Wolfie Gilmore
19-08-07, 05:04 PM
I'm asking this for the purposes of a fic I want to write, but I'm also generally curious...where do you think the souls of people who become vampires go? Do they go to heaven/hell, then get called back from there when a vampire's ensouled? Or do you think they go somewhere else, until the vampire's dusted and they can finally rest?

Don't think this has a canon answer, but what's your speculation?

kana
19-08-07, 05:23 PM
The soul goes to a place to the ether. Angelus mentions it on Angel and I think Jenny may mention it on Buffy although I'm not sure. The ether appears to be some sort of limbo if we believe the soul is the very essense who a person is seen as Spike, Angel and Darla don't seem to remember anything of the ether but this is contrasted to heaven as Buffy can remember being there.

Veverka
20-08-07, 03:40 AM
Okay, this is a stupid question, but it just bugs me. End of season three. Slimy water things come out of portal. Big monster thing comes out of portal. Connor comes out of portal. Portal gets all zappy and knocks Groo and Cordy out. From here on, we're supposed to believe not only did Holtz come out, he saw Cordy and Groo 'sleeping', stepped casually around them, and then randomly was hiding around the corner from Connor, who goes straight to him, after talking to Angel and telling Angel he knew he wasn't alone. Yet, in the next episode, Connor seems somewhat surprised that Holtz followed him out of the portal. Is this correct? Just seems to have a few holes in it for my liking.

Veverka
20-08-07, 03:44 AM
My speculation is that they go to a 'holding area' (purgatory might be a more well used term!!!) and from there I assume they can watch down on the havoc their body is wreaking and rue the day they invited a demon into their body.

kana
20-08-07, 08:19 AM
Okay, this is a stupid question, but it just bugs me. End of season three. Slimy water things come out of portal. Big monster thing comes out of portal. Connor comes out of portal. Portal gets all zappy and knocks Groo and Cordy out. From here on, we're supposed to believe not only did Holtz come out, he saw Cordy and Groo 'sleeping', stepped casually around them, and then randomly was hiding around the corner from Connor, who goes straight to him, after talking to Angel and telling Angel he knew he wasn't alone.

Well that's not too bad. The portal did knock out Cordy and Groo allowing Holtz to leave unnoticed. Connor was taught to track Holtz for miles so it's unsuprising that he found him. Angel didn't notice but he's prone to not sense things if he's otherwise preoccupied.

Yet, in the next episode, Connor seems somewhat surprised that Holtz followed him out of the portal. Is this correct? Just seems to have a few holes in it for my liking.

Yeah, he found him but was surprised that he followed him. Yeah, makes sense.

basakbangel
22-08-07, 08:19 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't know where else to post this as I need to know this question quite soon.

Very very random - but it's for a video I'm making.

Ok, does anyone know if in ANY of the seasons/episodes where Buffy puts her hand on HER left hand side of her face?

If you could tell me the episodes where she does that, that would be awesome.

Just putting her hand there, or touching it or whatever.

Thank you!

As I said, very very random question. :halo:

If I get you right. I should be season 5, Listening to fear!!

Salvation
23-08-07, 02:05 AM
As we all know that Angel was aware of the curse but did he knew how it's gonna work, i mean did he knew that by experincing a moment of true happiness he would lose his soul?

Veverka
23-08-07, 09:58 AM
No, he didn't, he only knew the curse was his soul. He didn't know there was a loophole. This is shown by his hesitance to form physical relationships after he has been with Buffy, and why they only sleep together the once.

vampmogs
24-08-07, 02:07 PM
Agreed. If Angel had known about the curse there would have been no way he would have slept with Buffy or not have told her about it for her own good.

digitalMindy
27-08-07, 08:13 AM
So. Would-be-slayers all over the world were activated at the hands of goddess Willow releasing the essence from the scythe. This we know because Buffy said so.

Here's my pondering. If all would-be-slayers were activated, are there suddenly elderly women who can do round-house kicks and small babies that can knock their mothers over?

Or is this just for the teen to twenty-somethings that would have been activated if the current slayer was killed (pre-scythe power being released)?

Veverka
27-08-07, 08:45 AM
Well I don't know that it's ever made super clear, but I think it's just the younger ones, Kennedy expressed concern she might be too old. So potential slayers are just that, but people who used to be potential slayers but didn't get the gig outwear it at some point.

KingofCretins
27-08-07, 08:16 PM
So far, we haven't seen any Slayers who are noticeably older than their late teens, early 20s, which is consistent with Kennedy's opinion that she was probably at the upper end of the age range for Slayers through history.

I'll be interested to see how old Lady Genevieve is in 8.06, since if she really is an aristocrat of some influence, I don't know how young she could be.

That aside, though, I think it's safe to assume that Buffy and Faith, both around 24 years old, are the oldest Slayers around.

redrevo
27-08-07, 09:49 PM
Speaking of the new slayers...

Let's say there's a 5 year old girl at the time of the spell who is a "potential-potential slayer" (will be a potential when the time comes). Eventually (hopefully) she will reach 15-16 and become a potential. Were we told whether this would automatically make her a slayer - does the spell work on all future and next-generation potentials as well, ensuring the slayer population grows at the same rate as that of the world? Or would she only be called if a current slayer died, keeping the slayer population static? Would she even be called at all, since the spell probably messed up the "slayer dies, next one's called"? Were we told any of this or is it wishful thinking?

KingofCretins
27-08-07, 11:28 PM
Absent other evidence, I'd say it's safe to assume that only potentials who were within whatever active age range in which Slayers can be called were made Slayers by the spell.

As far as future Slayers, again, absent any other evidence, I assume that Buffy and Willow's spell did not affect the Slayer line whatsoever, that whoever the next "official" Slayer after Faith would be, is already a Slayer, and has a successor who either is a Slayer or may not yet be.

Impy
30-08-07, 12:37 PM
I am wondering if anybody knows why there was no official photoshoot of the cast for Season 7? On the videos and DVDs they just use old S6 photos with the odd recolour.

I was so dissapointed.

Jenni Lou
30-08-07, 12:53 PM
Someone times shows don't put promos out for a season. It happens. I'm sure it has mostly to do with money. No photoshoot saves the studios some cash.

I'm going to merge this with the random questions thread. :)

vampmogs
30-08-07, 01:15 PM
Yeah they didn't have any photo shoot for season seven, I was disapointed as well.

Apparently, not only did the writers and actors not care about the season, but the network and promo people as well "sigh"

sherrilina
30-08-07, 03:01 PM
Yeah they didn't have any photo shoot for season seven, I was disapointed as well.

Apparently, not only did the writers and actors not care about the season, but the network and promo people as well "sigh"
Especially since Willow looks so strange in the season 6 one, with that hair and dress, etc.

One thing I wonder is how do people know how old Faith is--was there and interview, or was it on the show, and if the latter, when is it said? B/c I always assumed Faith was the same age as Buffy, before I came here and saw people saying otherwise...

vampmogs
30-08-07, 03:26 PM
Especially since Willow looks so strange in the season 6 one, with that hair and dress, etc.

One thing I wonder is how do people know how old Faith is--was there and interview, or was it on the show, and if the latter, when is it said? B/c I always assumed Faith was the same age as Buffy, before I came here and saw people saying otherwise...

It hasn't been stated in the show how old Faith is, so I'm not sure where people get it from. Personally, I think that Faith would be around the same age as Buffy too. She tells Xander and Willow that if she had friends like them in highschool she would have still dropped out, but would have been sad about it :roll: I'm not sure if this implies she is older than Buffy and is talking about high school in past tense, or if she is simply talking about it in past tense because she no longer goes to the school. IMO I think she would be around the same age as Buffy but that is pure speculation on my part :)

NileQT87
30-08-07, 07:35 PM
eliza is also 2 years younger than sarah, though sarah played 2 years younger than her age (most everyone else played much less than their age).

also, wasn't there an argument that faith might have been under 18 when she committed her crimes because of the sentence she got? i can't remember, but i remember discussing it in depth at the other board. 2 counts of murder, 25 to life, i believe was her sentence. actually, she was guilty of 3 counts of murder (alan finch, the delivery man & lester worth).

let's say she was 16 in season 3 btvs. she could have very easily dropped out as a freshman or sophomore in high school. that means she would have been called at age 15. she could have dropped out then. remember that most watchers seemed to have their slayers not in school, so that, plus the fact that she probably had no qualms about quitting with her home life and who she was.

also, if she were 18, she'd have been called at 17. that might not be impossible, but it seems like most were like 15 or so when called (kennedy even made a comment about believing she was too old). kendra struck me as somebody who was perhaps on the young end.

Veverka
31-08-07, 12:58 AM
I think that was almost the fun of it. Faith has the line 'all dressed up in big sister's clothes' or something to that effect, but I think she was actually the younger of the two, but referring to herself as the older one as she was more experienced in all kinds of things like killing people.

vampmogs
31-08-07, 02:36 PM
It is very possible that we will learn her real age during her arc starting this month for season eight. So perhaps we will have some clues as to her age then. I personally always saw her as the same age as the scoobies but that is just because I really hadn't given it much thought.

The way she talked about her past relationships in Btvs s3 indicated she'd been in quite a few relationship, many with drunks. So I'd like to think she was at least as old as Buffy if not older, if she was in relationships with drunks at the age of 15 and most likely youner that'd be terribly unfortunate... well at least more so than if she was a bit older :(

sherrilina
31-08-07, 02:37 PM
Okay, I just re-watched Chosen again, and of course there's the scene of the little girl at bat suddenly smiling as presumably she (along with all the other girls in the montage) suddenly get Slayer powers--and Buffy does say, "Anyone who could be the Slayer, will be the Slayer" or "Anyone who could have the power, will have the power"--something to that effect. So from both of these things it would seem like Potentials of all ages, or at least younger than 15-16, would have become Slayers as well, which opens up the question of how that all worked once more.

vampmogs
31-08-07, 02:43 PM
Okay, I just re-watched Chosen again, and of course there's the scene of the little girl at bat suddenly smiling as presumably she (along with all the other girls in the montage) suddenly get Slayer powers--and Buffy does say, "Anyone who could be the Slayer, will be the Slayer" or "Anyone who could have the power, will have the power"--something to that effect. So from both of these things it would seem like Potentials of all ages, or at least younger than 15-16, would have become Slayers as well, which opens up the question of how that all worked once more.

I'm not sure though if this is only because of the spell. Perhaps when one is called it picks a potential around the 15-16 age. I'm sure if you're a potential your a potential from the moment you're born until the moment you die, but there is a period in which you are more likely to be activated. Willow's spell made all the potentials slayers though, so I wouldn't be surprised if their are slayer toddles or slayer grandmothers. :)

Salvation
04-10-07, 07:00 PM
Here they rerun Angel season 5 so i got a couple questions about this season..

1-Did Angel told Nina about Buffy?

2-Why Lorne didnt warn the others about what's gonna happen since he read Cordy in season 4 & kinda knew what will happen?

3-There's something that i didnt understand as long that Angel moved on & he loved Cordy & at the time he's dating Nina then why he send spies after Buffy to know what's happining in her life?

4-Was Nina right when she said that Angel is a crappy Liar & he wouldnt come looking after her if he survived the battle?

5-Let's say that Angel did survived the battle would he go looking for Buffy or Nina?

kana
04-10-07, 07:34 PM
1-Did Angel told Nina about Buffy?

As far as we know so far Angel hasn't spoken to Buffy face to face since getting romantically involved with Nina(at least on screen). I don't even know if Buffy ever knew about Cordy.

2-Why Lorne didnt warn the others about what's gonna happen since he read Cordy in season 4 & kinda knew what will happen?

Lorne didn't know everything and since Jasmine was able to protect the truth about Connor it's possible that she only gave AI what she wanted them to know. Or perhaps she could only limit what they read and part of the protection side effect was brain being splattered as with most of the psychics. But it seemed to be protected. Either way Lorne didn't know everything.

3-There's something that i didnt understand as long that Angel moved on & he loved Cordy & at the time he's dating Nina then why he send spies after Buffy to know what's happining in her life?

Good question!!!! No real easy answer and I even questioned this in another thread. It seems that maybe Buffy is has always been a part of him even if he moves onto someone new. Maybe this is what he meant by a forever love. It doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't love Cordy or even that he loved her less or indeed that he couldn't have some sort of future with Nina if circumstances allow it.

4-Was Nina right when she said that Angel is a crappy Liar & he wouldnt come looking after her if he survived the battle?

Again, there is no definitive answer to that. I do believe the mission is the most important thing at the moment to Angel but you know things can change. The wheel never stops turning...

5-Let's say that Angel did survived the battle would he go looking for Buffy or Nina?

Or neither...who knows. It's always something with our heroes. If he survives it may be the next thing. I'd like to think he may check in on Nina if he could find her at least to see if she's ok after all the madness.

Salvation
04-10-07, 07:45 PM
Kana Thanks for ansering my many questions ,i know about Angel & Buffy & Their FOREVER LOVE.he even stated that to Spike.

I was kinda surprised he's reaction when he knew that Buffy & The Immortal are dating ,then he started Mocking about her statement about she's not done baking.I find that so amusing to see Angel reaction & the anger but what i love the most is when Andrew asked Spike if Angel is Crying.

scarybunny
08-10-07, 05:25 PM
Hey

been wondering this for ages, but in the episode 'Teachers Pet' they said the praying mantis only mated and bit the heads off male virgins to fertilise her eggs, so, uh, does that mean Dr Gregory was a virgin?
Because when,ugh! what's his name, the guy who got to go to Ms French's house first said that he saw her bite the head off a guy to do the egg thing, was he referring to Dr Gregory?:s

uh, I really don't remember if his name was Dr Gregory so correct me if I'm wrong...:xd

vampmogs
08-10-07, 05:43 PM
I don't think he was. I think killing him had nothing to do with mating but more with getting herself into a position in which she could find males to mate with. Doctor Gregory had to die in order for Miss French to get into that position. She isn't incapable of killing people for other reasons, she tried to kill Buffy and would have probably killed Giles and Willow in her basement if she was able to and Giles wasn't a version, nor did she ever want to mate with Buffy or Willow.

So nope I don't think this meant she mated with Dr Gregory, she just killed him to get the job as subsitute so she could find men to mate with. The only thing that supports the theory Dr Gregory could have been a virgin was that at the end of the episode a few egs were seen hatching underneath the teacher's desk. Wether this means she mated with and killed Dr Gregory I'm not sure but I doubt it. :)

sherrilina
08-10-07, 08:32 PM
I don't think he was. I think killing him had nothing to do with mating but more with getting herself into a position in which she could find males to mate with. Doctor Gregory had to die in order for Miss French to get into that position. She isn't incapable of killing people for other reasons, she tried to kill Buffy and would have probably killed Giles and Willow in her basement if she was able to and Giles wasn't a version, nor did she ever want to mate with Buffy or Willow.

So nope I don't think this meant she mated with Dr Gregory, she just killed him to get the job as subsitute so she could find men to mate with. The only thing that supports the theory Dr Gregory could have been a virgin was that at the end of the episode a few egs were seen hatching underneath the teacher's desk. Wether this means she mated with and killed Dr Gregory I'm not sure but I doubt it. :)
I thought the implication was that he WAS a virgin--which would explain why there were eggs in the classroom where she attacked him (why else would she lay them there, how could they hatch without fertilization--and who else would have fertilized them if not Dr. Gregory. I think we were then meant to feel sorry for him, lol. But in any case, if she just wanted to kill him she could have slashed him with her huge pincer things, impaled him or something, she didn't need to bite his head off and leave a big clue as to what had killed him--so again, it doesn't make sense for him to NOT have been a virgin!

A better question is what happened to those eggs when they hatched--did the two praying mantises burst out and escape, did Buffy have to deal with them later, etc?

Tigger96
09-10-07, 07:02 AM
So. Would-be-slayers all over the world were activated at the hands of goddess Willow releasing the essence from the scythe. This we know because Buffy said so.

Here's my pondering. If all would-be-slayers were activated, are there suddenly elderly women who can do round-house kicks and small babies that can knock their mothers over?

Or is this just for the teen to twenty-somethings that would have been activated if the current slayer was killed (pre-scythe power being released)?

I think that all girls/women that could be or would have been slayers probably received power, but probably in different degrees. The younger ones to grow into their power as time goes by. The elderly...hmmm, haven't figured that one, yet.

There's a Buffy book by Christopher Golden that deals with the 'activation age' question (which, due to the fact that he wrote it LONG before season 7, is interesting...although the idea that potentials are trained early came into being w/ Kendra -- "They gave me to my watcher when I was very young."). In the book, the Council believes that a potential slayer is most likely to be called between the ages of 15-17. By the time they are 18 years old, they are no longer considered to be eligible and are no longer trained. My thoughts tend to run along these lines, too.

I always figured Faith was younger than Buffy, but probably only by a few months. Same thing with Kendra. They both seem to fit in pretty well w/ the Scooby group age-wise, and that kinda fits w/ the age deal mentioned in S7.

NileQT87
09-10-07, 08:14 AM
kendra came off as maybe being a much younger slayer... buffy was newly 15 when she was called. kendra could have very easily been closer to that. faith, i think was younger, but not as young. kendra's young-vibe meshed in well with what we saw in season 7 among the younger-looking actresses (some of which, like kennedy, even said they thought they were too old to get called). you must remember that slayers are probably all called naturally BEFORE their 18th birthdays, otherwise the cruciamentum wouldn't be an age 18 thing, and then there was the part about where most slayers don't even live to see their 18th birthday and get that test. age 17 is probably the last year a slayer could get called, or the council would have chosen a different age for their test.

honestly ages 14-17 is probably the ages of the naturally selected slayers... and probably more towards the younger ones. when buffy was 16 when she first met kendra--i'd wager kendra was 14 or 15.

as i've known girls who were in rehab for sex/drugs/alcohol/anorexia/bulimia addictions at 14, that's not proof she was older either. i honestly think faith might have been about 16. she was a drop-out... but that doesn't mean she didn't drop out early... at say, a freshman or a sophomore.

the only fact to support that is probably her sentence... for being charged with the murders of two people, 25 to life was a pretty light sentence. i think she was still a minor when she did her murders (not to mention assault on the guy who she stole the wallet, keys, etc... from, which she was charged with in los angeles as well). not to mention her torture of wesley, minor assault on cordelia, and murder of the box of gavlock delivery man whom she murdered for the mayor and to cut through his hands with a saw to get the box. she probably wasn't even charged for those, but could have been. alan finch, lester worth and the assault on the los angeles guy were the ones she must have been charged with.

it seems unlikely that she wasn't a minor. in fact, if she were 16 in season 3 and 17 in season 4/season 1, it would make her a minor for all of it.

also, smg and ed are a few months short of 4 years apart, which add in that aly, charisma, nick, david, james, etc... were all older than their characters were supposed to *look* when they started (they actually subtracted 2 years from both smg and db when they started--especially db, whose real age was the last to get corrected on the internet--they were 20 and 28 when they started, not 18 and 26.), and in charisma's case, the physical difference was almost a little too much (she's only a year younger than db), which was part of the reason she was taken to angel... but as eliza was only 18 when she started on btvs, i think it's only expected that with everybody else, she was playing younger than her age.

in all likelihood, i think faith was a few years younger than the others, despite being more experienced. sometimes growing up too fast makes a younger teen seem older than an older teen. i've seen it. in fact, it was a big statement to how these troubled teens are today. there was irony in faith's statement about how buffy's in big sister's clothes, because buffy seems younger due to the fact that she's much more innocent, protected and not jaded by the world.

Sosa lola
09-10-07, 12:34 PM
I looked around for the Ask the exports section and couldn't find it.

I'm writing a fic and I want to know how many days have passed between Seeing Red and Grave.

Also I wanna know if Hank knew about Buffy's death, and how come Buffy has a tomb when her death was secret?

KingofCretins
09-10-07, 01:07 PM
"Seeing Red", "Villains", "Two to Go", and "Grave" took place all within 24 hours or so.

It was day when Warren showed up in Buffy's yard. It was probably mid-afternoon. Tara and Willow are just getting dressed, but they'd likely spent most of the day in the room. Dawn is still at school and won't get back to find Tara for at least a few hours. "Villains" occurs over the course of that day and early evening. "Two to Go" and "Grave" both occur that night and wrap up in the morning.

vampmogs
09-10-07, 03:12 PM
I looked around for the Ask the exports section and couldn't find it.

I'm writing a fic and I want to know how many days have passed between Seeing Red and Grave.

Also I wanna know if Hank knew about Buffy's death, and how come Buffy has a tomb when her death was secret?

Nope Hank never knew about Buffy's death. The gang don't want Buffybot to pick up the phone in case it is Hank because they don't want him to know something is up and it isn't really Buffy. Willow, Tara, Dawn and Xander try to explain to the Buffybot that if Hank found out he'd try and take Dawn away and she wants to stay with the Scoobies. :)

The whole tomb thing is a little bit weird. Though, it doesn't appear Buffy was buried in a graveyard but rather in the woods somewhere in which no one can pass her grave and see that she is dead. And Willow could have easily cojured the tombstone without it having to be proffesionally made, so it can be fanwanked.

Salvation
10-10-07, 05:55 PM
I bet i,m not the only one who think's that Dru is WACKY in her own way, i just wanna know does she have some kind of Mental issues that she carried on when she was sired by Angel?

KingofCretins
10-10-07, 06:08 PM
Dru was ostensibly sane prior to her torture by Angelus. In an Angel episode, I think it was "Untouched" or "Darla", you actually see her have what appears to be her psychotic break when Angelus and Darla have sex literally in her lap. I'm no pyschologist, but she clearly became dissociative on many levels after that and it integrated into her vampire personality.

NileQT87
10-10-07, 07:55 PM
the episode was "dear boy" where angelus has just raped dru and speaks of siring her in "eternal torment".

however, she wasn't completely sane to start with. her mother was telling her that "only god is supposed to see things before they happen" and angelus finds it VERY easy to drive her mad by calling her a "devil child" because dru is already very volatile thinking her visions of the future are of the devil. so between that and angelus killing her family, she flees to a convent, which angelus told her to do ("an act of contrition").

but she wasn't exactly in a healthy mental state when he was introduced to her either. he just exploited what had already started to make her crazy.

KingofCretins
10-10-07, 08:14 PM
Well, the convent wasn't an act of contrition unless they seriously pooched on the usage; an act of contrition is basically a ritualized prayer of atonement at the end of a Catholic confession. Angelus was giving her a pithy notion of penance just to try to emphasize to her that she's completely helpless.

What he did to Drusilla really is the worst he'd ever done, as he told Buffy.

Phoenix
15-10-07, 09:06 AM
Well i was watching season 7 the other night, and in one of the episodes where Buffy has the scythe, she says that it can be used in 3 different ways to kill a vampire. Which ways are these? I can only think of the decapitation, and staking. Maybe i heard it wrong though, im not too sure. Thanks for any help :)

tangent
15-10-07, 09:17 AM
I think it's a reference to how it's put together as a weapon.

Front blade, back blade, pointy spikey thing. Saying that pointy spikey thing woud need to be wooden woudn't it. (pun not intended)

LRae12
01-11-07, 11:03 PM
Ok - this has been bugging me all day and for some reason I can't seem to remember...when exactly did Cordy find out that Angel was ACTUALLY a vampire? I know that Buffy & Willow told her in Halloween...but she didn't believe them...so when did she believe? I'm trying to remember a scene or line or something sometime after where she found out, but I can't and it's driving me crazy...for some reason I want to say that they never resolved that, but I'm not sure.

Sassy
01-11-07, 11:05 PM
I think Angel vamped out in front of her towards the end of Halloween.

KingofCretins
01-11-07, 11:11 PM
Best I can figure is that Cordy was in the library in "What's My Line, Part II" when the gang and Kendra discussed the ritual Dru needs and Buffy confirms that Angel is a vampire. She doesn't have any lines right then, but it's fair to assume that she was paying attention and that, in this context, she wouldn't figure that Buffy was still messing with her (and wouldn't want to bring it up again out of embarrassment).

So, she either found out for certain in "What's My Line, Part II", or at some point between "Halloween" and then that we don't see on screen.

tangent
01-11-07, 11:17 PM
She would definitely have know he wasn't exactly joe normal by the end of the dark age as she was in the room when Angel did his containing Eyghon trick.

LRae12
01-11-07, 11:22 PM
I think Angel vamped out in front of her towards the end of Halloween.

No, he didn't...that I remember specifically...she still didn't believe in Halloween.

She would definitely have know he wasn't exactly joe normal by the end of the dark age as she was in the room when Angel did his containing Eyghon trick.

Was she? Are you sure? I can't remember her being in the room...I know Buffy was there and Giles and Jenny and Willow...and maybe Xander - but I don't remember her being there.

Maybe it is one of those things that were never resolved but that Cordy just got on her own later on...but it irritates me that I can't pinpoint it for some reason...:rolleyes:

tangent
01-11-07, 11:33 PM
Yep just checked the ep, she definitely follows Xander into the shop (you only see her for a sec though.)

DEMON CALENDAR
I've been waiting a long time to do this.

Suddenly, Demon Calender is TACKLED off Giles --

by ANGEL.

Willow, Xander, and Cordelia RUN in just in time to see Angel STRANGLING THE LIFE OUT of Demon Calendar. Giles starts toward her, but Willow stops him.

GILES
He's killing her.

WILLOW
Trust me. This is going to work...

The above is from the shooting script for the ep. Hope that helps.

KingofCretins
01-11-07, 11:33 PM
I've got Season 2 out already... I'll check :)

Cordy is in the room, yes.

LRae12
01-11-07, 11:42 PM
Ok...so she definitely figured it out by then...;) But the question then becomes did she find out anytime during Lie to Me? I hate when things went unresolved....you'd think after her big 'cuddly care bear with fangs' speech in Halloween that there would have been some type of fallout when she found out for real.

holypotatoes
01-11-07, 11:59 PM
I just went and fast forwarded through Halloween all the way to The Dark Age and there is nothing in Lie To Me that I could find. She wasn't in the ep very much. I would assume that she figured it out in The Dark Age when Willow came up with the idea and left the library.

Sosa lola
04-11-07, 01:46 PM
Had Dawn back flipped during the show? Ever? I need this for a fic I'm writing.

KingofCretins
04-11-07, 01:49 PM
If she did, it happened off screen.

Sosa lola
04-11-07, 01:55 PM
Thanks :D I could swear she did it in S7, but I don't really remember. Well, it's best if she never did it because it'll help my fic ;)

KingofCretins
04-11-07, 01:59 PM
I can't think of when she'd have done a backflip in Season 7 -- her cheerleader tryout was too awful for anything so athletic.

holypotatoes
04-11-07, 03:02 PM
I think the only moves she has ever done was the forward roll. She did it in the last ep of S6 and the 1st ep of S7. :o

Vampire in Rug
11-11-07, 11:53 AM
I was just wondering about Oz's family. What do we know about them? Does his cousin Jordy live in Sunnydale?

Sassy
11-11-07, 11:31 PM
I don't think his family was mentioned much. As far as I know Jordy didn't live in Sunnydale.

KingofCretins
12-11-07, 01:13 AM
I got the impression they lived pretty far away and that he'd been bitten on a trip out of town. Don't know if there's indication on screen one way or another.

sherrilina
12-11-07, 02:21 AM
I got the impression they lived pretty far away and that he'd been bitten on a trip out of town. Don't know if there's indication on screen one way or another.
Well he does call them....maybe he would have dropped by in person if they were in Sunnydale, given the delicacy of the situation....?

major_buffy_fan
18-11-07, 07:30 PM
I know at the end of season 1 when buffy died and was brought back it activared Kendra as a slayer but when buffy died by jumping in the portal in season 5 finale how come another slayer wasnt activated .

KingofCretins
18-11-07, 07:33 PM
This should be in Random Buffy Questions. Any mod could move it?

After "Prophecy Girl", Buffy was no longer the official, active Slayer anymore. Kendra was. Which is why Faith was called. Faith was and still is the "official" Slayer, and (ignoring the spell in "Chosen" for a moment), no additional Slayer would have been called until she was killed.

Joss actually answered that during Season 6 in interviews and so on... yet oddly chose to not have his characters aware of it in Season 7.

Jenni Lou
18-11-07, 07:42 PM
This should be in Random Buffy Questions. Any mod could move it?

Yeah, I am on it now. ;)

skinless
20-11-07, 06:48 AM
Who was the Actor to Play Ben In Season 5

carousel_girl8
20-11-07, 08:55 AM
Charlie Weber played Ben in Buffy

Andrew
27-11-07, 06:44 AM
Hey, it's a question about Slayer Activation not relating to Buffy's Gift death!

I recently read a Buffy Comic (totally uncanon, Buffy had a freaking stake gun) which involved a time jumping Slayer. My question is, how does Slayer activation work if a Slayer is killed in a different time? Would there be no Slayer for her time period until she died in the other time (meaning they would have to wait the same period of time it took for the Slayer to die)? If so, how would alternate realities or different dimensions work? Especially dimensions with a different flow of time.

Ohh, if there was a 'time gap' in slayers, couldn't a demon or wizard just send a Slayer to a dimension with a slower time flow and keep her alive but imprisoned? It could potentially keep the Slayer line out of commision for thousands of years.

Nina
02-12-07, 01:21 PM
I can't answer you question Andrew, I'm sorry.
But I have a question:

The scythe, it looks more like an axe. Why is it called a scythe? Is it called like that in the series? (I only remember Angel calling it an axe.)

vampmogs
02-12-07, 01:26 PM
I can't answer you question Andrew, I'm sorry.
But I have a question:

The scythe, it looks more like an axe. Why is it called a scythe? Is it called like that in the series? (I only remember Angel calling it an axe.)

Yeah it is called like that in the series. Giles says "it is some kind of scythe" in which Willow jokes "so it is true scythe matters." The guardian lady towards 'End of Days' also calls it a scythe. :)

Nina
02-12-07, 01:33 PM
Alright, thanks ... I really should have a rewatch of Buffy.
BTW, I still think it looks like an axe. :p

Enisy
02-12-07, 05:35 PM
If it makes you feel better, they joke about its un-scythe-ness all the time in Season 7. ;)

Spike: Honey, you're home. And you did it. Fulfilled your mission. Found the Holy Grail, or the Holy Hand Grenade, or whatever the hell that is.
Buffy: Right now we're going with "scythe". You like?

BlasterBoy
02-12-07, 05:36 PM
How many times has Phantom Dennis appeared? Like, episodes.

BlasterBoy
02-12-07, 06:33 PM
Did Buffy's father move to L.A? Sorry for randomness, but I would like to know.

Nina
02-12-07, 07:10 PM
I always thought he stayed in LA after Joyce and Buffy moved out. But wasn't there something about a move to Portugal?

@Enisy: Jokes about the not-scyth, I like. :D

KingofCretins
02-12-07, 10:52 PM
Buffy mentioned he'd gone to Spain with his secretary, in "Family", when Giles proposed sending Dawn to him to get her away from Glory. This was the moment when Hank was spontaneously retconned into a deadbeat.

BlasterBoy
02-12-07, 11:01 PM
I meant in Season 4, around "Pangs". Because Buffy went to L.A and said she was seeing Hank there.

KingofCretins
02-12-07, 11:22 PM
That's Buffy's explanation for coming to LA in "I Will Remember You" ("Angel" 1.08), but she doesn't elaborate. It does establish him as A) still being in L.A. and B) Buffy still having a relationship with him. I still don't like that retcon.

sherrilina
03-12-07, 01:42 AM
Spike: Honey, you're home. And you did it. Fulfilled your mission. Found the Holy Grail, or the Holy Hand Grenade, or whatever the hell that is.

Wow, how did I miss the Ponty Mython ref?! :lol: (And yes, I just tried it with the words spelled correctly and got the "Forbidden" message!)

Buffy mentioned he'd gone to Spain with his secretary, in "Family", when Giles proposed sending Dawn to him to get her away from Glory. This was the moment when Hank was spontaneously retconned into a deadbeat.
I know, seriously, that always irritated me....I feel like Joss has something against his father, dads are almost always evil or hated on the show....

KingofCretins
03-12-07, 01:44 AM
Joss = Dads are bad. Marti = Men are rapists and/or abusers (seriously, she even had Faith *say it* in "Beauty and the Beasts"). Seriously, if we were going to play 'guess their issues' game with the writers, that would be the two most common to point out.

In practical terms, maybe they just decided the Dawn arc got too complicated if they had to account for Hank but... still. Unfair to the character, and kinda unfair to Dean Butler's very solid performance of him as an Alpha Divorce Dad.

Arashmaharr
03-12-07, 02:07 PM
How many times has Phantom Dennis appeared? Like, episodes.

The only times I can remember are 'Rm w/a vu' (sp?), 'That Vision Thing' and 'Birthday.' I think there are probably more though but he never appeared in that many episodes. Checked it though and aparently he appeared in 'Judgement' and 'First Impressions'.